Coldest high school football game you ever been to

3rdcoastent

Its a tie for me between two games first i think it was 89 chapel hill playoff game i believe it was 89 season we won state or maybe the next year but i know it was playoffs i was young but it was ice and snow every where it was in sulpher springs i cant even remember who they played but it had to be below 20 second game is the triple overtime game jt vs Kilgore one most exciting games i have seen in while i cant even find video of that game but i know one thing my hands where so cold after game i couldn't feel the stearing wheel that game might top the chapel hill game it was freezing

Hard to say. My blood has thinned considerably over the years and so I'm freezing my rear off at most games later in the season or in the playoffs.

Maybe the New Boston - Daingerfield game in Mt. Pleasant a few years ago, the one New Boston won. ISTR the wind at the Commerce - Sealy state title game in Waco was pretty relentless and uncomfortable.

Can't remember who they were playing, but I went to a Lufkin playoff game and it was cold, wet and windy. Not sure of the temperature, but it was so miserable, halftime was only 10-15 minutes long. I'm guessing because they sympathized for those that weren't running around out on the field, but were either sitting or just standing around. Brrrrrrr!!

Joaquin CS. Goldthwaite State Semifinals at Ennis in ‘09. 27• at kickoff and the wind blowing right through the stadium. I had on every thread of outdoor gear I ever owned and still wasn’t warned up till we had the heater blasting wide open all the way to Palestine. It didn’t help that we lost 34-0. 

• Like 1

The coldest high school game I ever saw or went to was back '68 or '69 ... We were playing at Hemphill one of the last JV games of the season and it was sleeting and raining .... I got the end of my thumb between two helmets tackling a Hemphill RB and almost smashed the thumbnail off ... it happened right before halftime and was throbbing like crazy .... the trainer sprayed it with freeze and taped it up for the second half ... it hurt like crazy the rest of the game and the nail came off a couple of days later .... 

Alto vs Groveton ‘95 in Palestine, coolers and water bottles all froze up. Also the State Championship game in ‘07 was crazy cold, windchill was ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Gonna be about 1988..... cant remember exactly. Alto and Groveton at SFA. Rodney Thomas and Derrick Blakemore show

That would probably ‘90, both were Seniors.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jacket44 said:

Alto vs Groveton ‘95 in Palestine, coolers and water bottles all froze up. Also the State Championship game in ‘07 was crazy cold, windchill was ridiculous.

Definitely 2007 State Championship game: Alto vs. Seymour at Midlothian. Wind gusts were crazy and wind chill was in the teens. Coldest game ever. 

And YES! 1995 Alto vs. Groveton Region 3 Final in Palestine. HOWEVER, I was so excited to finally beat Groveton in the playoffs (31-0) that I felt NO COLD! 🤣🤣🤣

34 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Definitely 2007 State Championship game: Alto vs. Seymour at Midlothian. Wind gusts were crazy and wind chill was in the teens. Coldest game ever. 

And YES! 1995 Alto vs. Groveton Region 3 Final in Palestine. HOWEVER, I was so excited to finally beat Groveton in the playoffs (31-0) that I felt NO COLD! 🤣🤣🤣

34 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Yep definitely agree with ya! The 95 game was cold but the State Champion game took it to another level with those 25mph wind gust💨💨

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Joaquin CS. Goldthwaite State Semifinals at Ennis in ‘09. 27• at kickoff and the wind blowing right through the stadium. I had on every thread of outdoor gear I ever owned and still wasn’t warned up till we had the heater blasting wide open all the way to Palestine. It didn’t help that we lost 34-0. 

We had a cold one there with Yoe in 2010. Wind chill is something else. Same with Corsicana on 07.