Coldest high school football game you ever been to

3rdcoastent

27 minutes ago, Eaglesone said:

Zero question.  Overton vs Burkville 1995 quarterfinals in Grapeland..  Brutal cold!!! 

I have never and hope I am never at a game that cold!  Overton won! 

Man, these two teams have taken it on the chin of late. Sad how that can happen to a program. 

3 hours ago, 1jacket said:

Elysian Fields vs Canadian in 2007 @ Brownwood. It was cold,windy and on top of that we lost lol.

Worst day of my life witnessing a football game, before the 2nd qrt. started I didn't care who won, I was ready to leave Brownwood. 

Was working close to the Idaho/Utah border several yrs ago.  Went to a high school game (which was about 7000 ft in elevation) in late October.  I had on several layers of clothing because it was 20 degrees when I sat in the metal bleachers. Late in the second quarter, I was stuck to the bleacher. The temperature had dropped to 5 degrees above zero.  I tried to give it a go, but I couldn't take it anymore.  I left at Halftime.  LOL.

4 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Was working close to the Idaho/Utah border several yrs ago.  Went to a high school game (which was about 7000 ft in elevation) in late October.  I had on several layers of clothing because it was 20 degrees when I sat in the metal bleachers. Late in the second quarter, I was stuck to the bleacher. The temperature had dropped to 5 degrees above zero.  I tried to give it a go, but I couldn't take it anymore.  I left at Halftime.  LOL.

I think this one is the coldest one of all so far... Dang.❄️😳

8 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Definitely 2007 State Championship game: Alto vs. Seymour at Midlothian. Wind gusts were crazy and wind chill was in the teens. Coldest game ever. 

And YES! 1995 Alto vs. Groveton Region 3 Final in Palestine. HOWEVER, I was so excited to finally beat Groveton in the playoffs (31-0) that I felt NO COLD! 🤣🤣🤣

Your ‘07 title game in Midlothian is the coldest game I’ve ever attended as well. Halftime in that heated bathroom was heaven!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

Worst day of my life witnessing a football game, before the 2nd qrt. started I didn't care who won, I was ready to leave Brownwood. 

I’m surprised Koetting doesn’t try more home and home flips. I feel like the panhandle weather  in winter gives us a huge advantage.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, player73 said:

Tatum and Godley playoff game in Teague had some wicked weather. Got to meet Dirty Bird that night. 👍👍

Coldest game I’ve been to was the Tatum/Farmersville State Title game in Corsicana. 19 degrees with a stout wind. 

Most miserable game was in Teague when Tatum played Godley. 30 degrees, rain blowing in at a 45 degree angle because of high winds. By games end, I was 1 of only 4 or 5 people still left in the stands. Lol

9 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

Lol. I still won't forget that they were selling sno cones out there. I was like weres the hot chocolate. 

13 hours ago, Crawford said:

Can't remember who they were playing, but I went to a Lufkin playoff game and it was cold, wet and windy. Not sure of the temperature, but it was so miserable, halftime was only 10-15 minutes long. I'm guessing because they sympathized for those that weren't running around out on the field, but were either sitting or just standing around. Brrrrrrr!!

THAT was 2001 State Semi-Final game between Lufkin and Euless Trinity at Rose Stadium in Tyler !

I was there but nestled in the Press Box as Smoaky and I were "calling" the game for the Texas State Network. It was very definitely a very cold, very wet Saturday afternoon with the temperature in the low 40's, steady rain and even colder wind chills. 

Lufkin, lead by Reggie McNeal, came back from a 20-0 deficit to win 27-23 in a "come back" for the ages as he "willed" his team in a last minute decision !

R.J.

• Thanks 1