Elysian Fields @ New Diana

1jacket

Elysian Fields @ New Diana   

45 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields @ New Diana

• Jackets
    • Eagles

11 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

Oh yeah that's right, Logan got hurt that yr in the Jefferson game and Ryan took over, Ford was trying his best to make Ryan into a Tom Brady when he definitely didn't fit the spread offense lol, we had the perfect backfield for the flexbone offense 

That’s every year except 2016. They had legit QB and 3-5 WR that could run and catch. Before then and after then with Ford  as coach, they have not had the players to run the spread. And there is no Chris Smith next year or coming in the next few years so a scheme change needs to be made and adapt to the players. But I’m not counting on that to happen. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

That’s every year except 2016. They had legit QB and 3-5 WR that could run and catch. Before then and after then with Ford  as coach, they have not had the players to run the spread. And there is no Chris Smith next year or coming in the next few years so a scheme change needs to be made and adapt to the players. But I’m not counting on that to happen. 

Your absolutely right, as long as he's been here his spread scheme only worked with that '16 group cause he had the QB and a bunch of good WR's to sling it around to, but when you don't you need to have the coaching ability to change to run a system that the kids can be most productive in. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

As much as I have criticized Ford and its been well justified, the EF boys showed me some heart against PP to make me believe they can beat ND on that alone, so I'm gonna pick EF to get the win. 

Pssssst...you’ll be mad and disappointed again after Friday.  Back to yapping about Ford 😂

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Eagle27 said:

Pssssst...you’ll be mad and disappointed again after Friday.  Back to yapping about Ford 😂

I don't get mad anymore youngen, when you see no change you just have to accept it and hope for change, but when have I stopped yapping about Ford, I'll continue that til he's gone, I'm just giving credit to the heart those boys showed, not Ford. 

• Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 9:17 PM, 1jacket said:

Ryan Storey was the QB I believe. But yeah it was in Longview and EF won at the end of the game.

I headed to car with about 5 minutes left in game with ND leading.   Seemed like each team scored like 4 times a piece during that timespan.   No one wanted to win, or so it seemed.

2 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Nah, I'll bet on that one with the points! I'll take that +20 and take EF. Might be too late and the boys may not play like they did against PP again, but if they do, I like EF's chances. 

😂...I figured I'd get a reaction from somebody. I don't bet on sports...too unpredictable....anything can happen on any given night. 😉

• Like 2
  • Stinks 2