45 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields @ New Diana

• Jackets
    • Eagles

3 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

ND JV 34

EF JV 14

EF 7th & EF 8th won

How is last yrs jr high QB looking on jv? He has a chance to be a beast if under the right coach, hate we lost Tyson Berry but he's better off somewhere else anyway, I'm just be honest. 

14 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

How is last yrs jr high QB looking on jv? He has a chance to be a beast if under the right coach, hate we lost Tyson Berry but he's better off somewhere else anyway, I'm just be honest. 

He’s not playing JV. He’s on varsity. He only played 2 or 3 games on JV and then moved to varsity. If Ford stays, I wouldnt be surprised to see him play the 8th grade QB over the kid you are asking about. Just my opinion. EF has moved up a lot of kids that still should be playing JV. They are not getting to play varsity really. Just special teams from what I could tell. They would be getting a lot better playing JV in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

He’s not playing JV. He’s on varsity. He only played 2 or 3 games on JV and then moved to varsity. If Ford stays, I wouldnt be surprised to see him play the 8th grade QB over the kid you are asking about. Just my opinion. EF has moved up a lot of kids that still should be playing JV. They are not getting to play varsity really. Just special teams from what I could tell. They would be getting a lot better playing JV in my opinion. 

Fords not going anywhere.

29 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

For sure! Nice going back and forth with you ND guys! Very respectful group of fans on here and I must admit, very witty! Good Luck to ND and praying for a healthy game for all involved. 

Yep!! It's been good. It's nice to go back and forth with a fanbase that won't get butthurt. Other fanbases take the friendly trashtalk too personal...and that's not fun. Yes, hopefully an injury free game for both sides. I think and hope this will be a very good game. 👍

Good luck to EF...just not tomorrow night!! 😉😁

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

WOW. 

1 hour ago, LSUTIGERS said:

I don’t think so.

Allow me to explain my rationale here.  Please slap me across the face if I'm missing something!!

First, I assume Waskom wins out - which they should do with their last two games against Queen City and Ore City.  This puts them at 4-3 in district.  Assuming this is the case, Waskom likely makes the playoffs.  But, from my running through all the scenarios, the only path that leads to Waskom potentially missing the playoffs requires that Elysian Fields beats New Diana.  Waskom holds the tie breaker over Elysian Fields and De Kalb, but they don't hold the tie breaker over New Diana.  The only way Waskom misses the playoffs is if they end up in a 3-way tie with New Diana and De Kalb - which will result in all three teams being 1-1 head-to-head - and then it goes to the second tie-breaker which is likely +/- margin.  Waskom's margin is +2 in these games.  If Elysian Fields beats New Diana by 4 or fewer points and DeKalb beats Elysian Fields by 12 or more points, Waskom misses the playoffs.  The fundamental prerequisite to all of this is New Diana being involved in a tie with Waskom, and New Diana can only end up at 4-3 if Elysian Fields wins this game.  So, because of this - while it is still unlikely Waskom misses the playoffs assuming they take care of business, they are better off with New Diana winning this game.  That way any potential tie would be with just one other team, and a team Waskom owns the outright tie-breaker against.  In other words, assuming Waskom takes care of business and wins out, they clinch the playoffs with a New Diana win over Elysian Fields.

• Like 1