Elysian Fields @ New Diana

1jacket

Elysian Fields @ New Diana   

45 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields @ New Diana

• Jackets
    • Eagles

5 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

They threw a screen pass to #13 at least once that I remember. It was on a 4th down. But I do remember at least 1 screen to #13

I stand corrected, I do remember that now.  Made 3-4 yards.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

EF still has to beat DeKalb. Waskom is in the driver seat if you ask me. They play Ore City next week. ND has the toughest opponent of the 3 with Daingerfield. 

So if dekalb beats EF are they in or does other stuff have to happen?

21 minutes ago, justafan said:

I’m not 100%. But I think it’s this. If EF beats Dekalb they are 3rd

if diana loses to daingerfield they are 4th because they have the head to head over Waskom. 

Dont quote me on that. 

If it plays out like you mention, I still think it would be a 3 way tie between EF, Waskom, & ND. All 3 would have a record of 4-3 and all 3 split with one another. I believe this district uses the point difference system Pax mentioned in one of his breakdowns. EF won by enough of a margin tonight to get them 3rd if they beat DeKalb. I am not sure how the point difference is between Waskom and ND. I saw someone post Waskom +9 & ND +7, but don’t remember what EF was. But that is changed after last nights ND EF game. But I don’t know how that works 100%. Is EF +11 now? 9 point loss to Waskom, 20 point victory over ND. Is Waskom +2? Is ND -13? 

9 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

EF still has to beat DeKalb. Waskom is in the driver seat if you ask me. They play Ore City next week. ND has the toughest opponent of the 3 with Daingerfield. 

1. Daingerfield

2. Paul Pewitt

3. EF

4. New Diana

All of this is based on New Diana losing to DF and EF beating DeKalb. My understanding head to head is the second thing that counts points are the first thing that counts. I was told that by a coach at Waskom. The driver seat belong to EF

Edited by Wild74
In case Kirk is spell checking today
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

1. Daingerfield

2. Paul Pewitt

3. EF

4. New Diana

All of this is based on New Diana losing to DF and EF beating DeKalb. My understanding head to head is the second thing that counts points are the first thing that counts. I was told that by a coach at Waskom. The driver seat belong to EF

Thanks Wild! That clears it up for me some. I guess the district goes off point differential then. 

10 hours ago, 3LB said:

Congrats to EF, but it was hard for me to tell if EF defense played good or ND offense was really that bad.  I’m going to go with terrible offense.

EF was well prepared and coached.  ND offense didn’t run one screen play, or no swing passes, they absolutely didn’t do anything to slow the defense down.  The ND offense only hands the ball off to one running back.  Any defense coordinator should have a field day with ND offense.

The offensive coaches need to move on.  A lot of talented kids at ND and the staff only has one offense in mind to run and it has been horrible since last year, not one thing has changed.  Any team with a little talent can beat ND, and our head coach still thinks we are already in the playoffs.  And he is the only one on the planet that thinks we are already in.

Again, congrats to EF, they came to play and played better than ND.

And here comes the guys that are smarter than the coaches. Diana leads the nation in bleacher coaches, they have the best. Come spring they can also double up as a baseball coach. Come on Diana, America, let’s not jump the coaching staff already. Let em do their job.

1 hour ago, DeBerryJacket said:

If it plays out like you mention, I still think it would be a 3 way tie between EF, Waskom, & ND. All 3 would have a record of 4-3 and all 3 split with one another. I believe this district uses the point difference system Pax mentioned in one of his breakdowns. EF won by enough of a margin tonight to get them 3rd if they beat DeKalb. I am not sure how the point difference is between Waskom and ND. I saw someone post Waskom +9 & ND +7, but don’t remember what EF was. But that is changed after last nights ND EF game. But I don’t know how that works 100%. Is EF +11 now? 9 point loss to Waskom, 20 point victory over ND. Is Waskom +2? Is ND -13? 

The system used varies by district.  I think most districts use a positive/negative point system meaning you would take the total margin in the two head to head games for each team.  Other districts use positive only, so only the wins are considered.  I dont know which one this district uses.  

If its positive/negative :

EF +5

W +2

ND -7

If its positive only :

EF +14

W +9

ND +7

Elysian Fields looks to be in a good position.  They are in if they take care of business with DeKalb and Daingerfield beats New Diana.. And it appears it doesnt matter which point system is used.  The order is the same....so...

The question mark for me is how the tie breaker is handled. EF wins either way, so they get the 3 seed.  Who gets the 4 between Waskom and New Diana depends on if they take the top two in the points system as your 3 and 4, in which case Waskom gets the 4 seed.  Or if they take the top team in the point system, make them the 3, and then use head to head to break the tie between the other two - in which case New Diana would get the 4.  Someone familiar with how your district handles this would be able to sort this out.  Either way, EF is in a good spot, but still need help (which they will likely get in my opinion from Daingerfield), and need to take care of business.

I dont know why the UIL doesnt just adopt a universal tie-breaking system.  My gut (which is wrong a lot) says that they take the top two in the point system and EF and W are your 3 and 4 if this tie happens.

5 minutes ago, Pax said:

The system used varies by district.  I think most districts use a positive/negative point system meaning you would take the total margin in the two head to head games for each team.  Other districts use positive only, so only the wins are considered.  I dont know which one this district uses.  

If its positive/negative :

EF +5

W +2

ND -7

If its positive only :

EF +14

W +9

ND +7

Elysian Fields looks to be in a good position.  They are in if they take care of business with DeKalb and Daingerfield beats New Diana.. And it appears it doesnt matter which point system is used.  The order is the same....so...

The question mark for me is how the tie breaker is handled. EF wins either way, so they get the 3 seed.  Who gets the 4 between Waskom and New Diana depends on if they take the top two in the points system as your 3 and 4, in which case Waskom gets the 4 seed.  Or if they take the top team in the point system, make them the 3, and then use head to head to break the tie between the other two - in which case New Diana would get the 4.  Someone familiar with how your district handles this would be able to sort this out.  Either way, EF is in a good spot, but still need help (which they will likely get in my opinion from Daingerfield), and need to take care of business.

My understanding is the only way Waskom gets in is if DeKalb beats EF. EF will then not make the playoffs with 4 losses in district and Waskom has the tiebreaker over DeKalb. New Diana will then get third and Waskom 4th.  

5 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

My understanding is the only way Waskom gets in is if DeKalb beats EF. EF will then not make the playoffs with 4 losses in district and Waskom has the tiebreaker over DeKalb. New Diana will then get third and Waskom 4th.  

Why? I am missing something.

2 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Ok.  This makes sense, so they must only take the top seed from the points system, then use head-to-head to break the remaining tie.  Thanks!  

1 hour ago, randomuser said:

And here comes the guys that are smarter than the coaches. Diana leads the nation in bleacher coaches, they have the best. Come spring they can also double up as a baseball coach. Come on Diana, America, let’s not jump the coaching staff already. Let em do their job.

Not jumping the coaches, facts are facts.  Our offense is non existent, period and we have not changed one thing.  Proud of our defense and hats off to coach king and what he has brought to the team.

Were you at the game, or any other?  If you were you may have seen it if you know anything.  Run the same 4 plays with 7 guys in the box and it’s not working and we change nothing.  

I have given the offense two years and the same thing over and over.... time to change.

I know a lot of people don’t understand tie breakers and stuff a lot. But I’m going to give you a scenario. Also a lot of people don’t like Waskom because they have won so much. But I just like highschool football so they are ok to me. Even though I’m not supposed to like them. But let me explain Waskom Head coach might be the best coach in smallschool if not the best one of. If you were at the Waskom EF game you could truly tell he out coached EF. EF was more talented.  But here is where he is different. At the end of the game he took a knee at the ef 5 yard line when he might have scored. To put them up 16or 17 points. Which now would have mattered especially if EF beats Dekalb. Now they will all tie and waskom will be out. So all you EF people who hate Keeling. Might wanna say thank you if it turns out that way. I wonder if ford would have done the same? 

• Stinks 1

7 hours ago, justafan said:

I know a lot of people don’t understand tie breakers and stuff a lot. But I’m going to give you a scenario. Also a lot of people don’t like Waskom because they have won so much. But I just like highschool football so they are ok to me. Even though I’m not supposed to like them. But let me explain Waskom Head coach might be the best coach in smallschool if not the best one of. If you were at the Waskom EF game you could truly tell he out coached EF. EF was more talented.  But here is where he is different. At the end of the game he took a knee at the ef 5 yard line when he might have scored. To put them up 16or 17 points. Which now would have mattered especially if EF beats Dekalb. Now they will all tie and waskom will be out. So all you EF people who hate Keeling. Might wanna say thank you if it turns out that way. I wonder if ford would have done the same? 

I don't think Keeling was thinking that far ahead, hard to determine another teams point outcome