Corrigan-Camden @ Newton

Purpleforever

Corrigan-Camden @ Newton  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

2 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

CC is very young so no matter the outcome in this game I’m super proud of them!! They’ve already done more than people have given them credit for .. 

And that includes me. They have certainly done better than I thought. They will do well in the playoffs I think.

1 hour ago, AmphibiousRodent said:

Newton 50 -14/20. 

Newton actually played horrible against New Waverly.  Plagued by penalties and turnovers.  And just bad offensive play period. They need to clean that mess up. And they will need to. They squeaked one out despite their horrible play anyway.  

That has had me worried for some time now. I hope they were just flat. I was encouraged at Nates passing right before the half in spite of the penalties. It sounded like he was just dropping back and passing rather than rolling out. I hope the coaches keep  him doing that. I am very worried about their o line pass protection. It sounds like they block very poorly from what I hear on the stream. My son went to the Hemphill game, and was very impressed with Dominque Seastrunks pass catching. I was pleasantly surprised with Gatson's catching A successful passing game could very well advance them further into the playoffs.

13 minutes ago, Newtonres7586 said:

And that includes me. They have certainly done better than I thought. They will do well in the playoffs I think.

Yes sir we have a very salty run defense and are getting better on our pass defense every game! 

Anderson shiros QB never had time to settle in the pocket last night,  we was on him before the receivers could get 10 yards downfield..  

their only score came from a blocked punt when we was backed up in our end zone very late in the 4th QT.. 

the 4 freshmen are gaining confidence every week and the few seniors left are leading them great! 

Good luck to y’all and I hope we both come out of this game healthy!  It’s too close to playoffs for the injury bug to start coming around 

1 minute ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Yes sir we have a very salty run defense and are getting better on our pass defense every game! 

Anderson shiros QB never had time to settle in the pocket last night,  we was on him before the receivers could get 10 yards downfield..  

their only score came from a blocked punt when we was backed up in our end zone very late in the 4th QT.. 

the 4 freshmen are gaining confidence every week and the few seniors left are leading them great! 

Good luck to y’all and I hope we both come out of this game healthy!  It’s too close to playoffs for the injury bug to start coming around 

Amen to that brother. From your description, it sounds like the bulldogs will be stronger next year. Thanks for the luck, and the same back at ya. I have some very fond memories of Corrigan Newton games in the 70's and 80's. They were always hard fought clean games.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Newtonres7586 said:

Amen to that brother. From your description, it sounds like the bulldogs will be stronger next year. Thanks for the luck, and the same back at ya. I have some very fond memories of Corrigan Newton games in the 70's and 80's. They were always hard fought clean games.

Yes sir if they all stick together we should be pretty stout! From what I hear this will be the last time CC and newton will square off in district .. it’s been fun! 

3 hours ago, AmphibiousRodent said:

Newton 50 -14/20. 

Newton actually played horrible against New Waverly.  Plagued by penalties and turnovers.  And just bad offensive play period. They need to clean that mess up. And they will need to. They squeaked one out despite their horrible play anyway.  

The spark is dull in Newton. Going in at half tied with Hemphill and then a bad showing in NW. There should be a concern in Newton. What's the problem? The absence of a great coach WT and the play calling of  Neece would be my guess. If this continues Newton won't make it 3 deep into playoffs. Wakeup Newton . Southeast Texas is counting on you !!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OleMoe said:

The spark is dull in Newton. Going in at half tied with Hemphill and then a bad showing in NW. There should be a concern in Newton. What's the problem? The absence of a great coach WT and the play calling of  Neece would be my guess. If this continues Newton won't make it 3 deep into playoffs. Wakeup Newton . Southeast Texas is counting on you !!

Agreed!!  To be quite honest Newton made a bad couching decision.  Wrong head coach! Is what it is

5 hours ago, OleMoe said:

Attitude, that is up to the players. You believe in yourself, your teammates and you challenge each other to get better. Never settle and never say that's good enough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AmphibiousRodent said:

Agreed!!  To be quite honest Newton made a bad couching decision.  Wrong head coach! Is what it is

Don't misinterpret my post. I'm not saying anything about who is at Newton now. I'm saying the loss of two great coaches like WT and Neece would affect any team. My opinion is this. Newton has the best head coach for their system and one who has learned from the best 100% . They have been through a lot in Newton and are doing a great job considering.  I expect to see them at  AT&T if the team as a whole can adjust and correct a few things.. 

3 hours ago, OleMoe said:

Don't misinterpret my post. I'm not saying anything about who is at Newton now. I'm saying the loss of two great coaches like WT and Neece would affect any team. My opinion is this. Newton has the best head coach for their system and one who has learned from the best 100% . They have been through a lot in Newton and are doing a great job considering.  I expect to see them at  AT&T if the team as a whole can adjust and correct a few things.. 

Neece was the better choice 

11 hours ago, Newtonres7586 said:

That has had me worried for some time now. I hope they were just flat. I was encouraged at Nates passing right before the half in spite of the penalties. It sounded like he was just dropping back and passing rather than rolling out. I hope the coaches keep  him doing that. I am very worried about their o line pass protection. It sounds like they block very poorly from what I hear on the stream. My son went to the Hemphill game, and was very impressed with Dominque Seastrunks pass catching. I was pleasantly surprised with Gatson's catching A successful passing game could very well advance them further into the playoffs.

Offensive line is a week point. It will be their downfall.  JMO