Corrigan-Camden @ Newton

Purpleforever

Corrigan-Camden @ Newton  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

Newton has the talent to win a State Championship this year, but they probably won't.  I hope they do, but I see a lot of problems and they don't improve each week.  Offensive line isn't very good, and untill Nate started kicking off,  their kicking game was non existent.  I'm not sure when they started having kickoffs in Football,  but it's been a minute.  Develope a kicker it's part of football.  When your defense plays on a 50 yard field and your offense plays on a 100 yard field it's inevitable that you will eventually lose games you should not have. And if you can't take constructive criticism,  you have a problem.  Everything I said here is true, and if you can't see it, it's because you don't want to see it.  Newton is good but they have room for improvement and everyone can use truthful constructive criticism. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AmphibiousRodent said:

Newton has the talent to win a State Championship this year, but they probably won't.  I hope they do, but I see a lot of problems and they don't improve each week.  Offensive line isn't very good, and untill Nate started kicking off,  their kicking game was non existent.  I'm not sure when they started having kickoffs in Football,  but it's been a minute.  Develope a kicker it's part of football.  When your defense plays on a 50 yard field and your offense plays on a 100 yard field it's inevitable that you will eventually lose games you should not have. And if you can't take constructive criticism,  you have a problem.  Everything I said here is true, and if you can't see it, it's because you don't want to see it.  Newton is good but they have room for improvement and everyone can use truthful constructive criticism. 

Different input grows perfection when sorted.👍

• Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 1:01 PM, OleMoe said:

The spark is dull in Newton. Going in at half tied with Hemphill and then a bad showing in NW. There should be a concern in Newton. What's the problem? The absence of a great coach WT and the play calling of  Neece would be my guess. If this continues Newton won't make it 3 deep into playoffs. Wakeup Newton . Southeast Texas is counting on you !!

Kids are bored with playing down.  I expect them to be pumped up come playoffs.  

• Like 1

Newton wins this game and the rest of District with no problem IMO. But come the 4th round of the playoffs will be where they exit or maybe the state semis if they survive the 4th round. I hope I’m wrong but their O line from what I’ve been told is not that good at all. And that will be crucial come late  in the playoffs. 

9 hours ago, BD04 said:

Newton wins this game and the rest of District with no problem IMO. But come the 4th round of the playoffs will be where they exit or maybe the state semis if they survive the 4th round. I hope I’m wrong but their O line from what I’ve been told is not that good at all. And that will be crucial come late  in the playoffs. 

If their offensive line isn’t that good like you and a few others has said then we will have a game on our hands this Friday night... 

cause We have a very good run defense... and I’ve also heard newton isn’t passing much these days

We don't have the caliber of Offensive line that we should have, to win a state championship.  That being said,  they probably will handle CC pretty easily. If not, we really do have a bad offensive line.  I wouldn't bet the farm if I were you. Newton's running backs are hard to stop, without and offensive line, period.

Newton will most likely hang at least 50 on CC, and Newtons D might give up 20 if CC has a great offense.  Or maybe 7, maybe

• Stinks 1

2 hours ago, AmphibiousRodent said:

We don't have the caliber of Offensive line that we should have, to win a state championship.  That being said,  they probably will handle CC pretty easily. If not, we really do have a bad offensive line.  I wouldn't bet the farm if I were you. Newton's running backs are hard to stop, without and offensive line, period.

Newton will most likely hang at least 50 on CC, and Newtons D might give up 20 if CC has a great offense.  Or maybe 7, maybe

Man you make it sound like CC’S defense is trash..  by saying if you don’t hang 50 on us then you really do have a bad offensive line .. lol 

this will be my last comment on both threads til Friday night..

much respect to newton!  Yes our young offense will struggle to score but hopefully our lil ol good for nothing defense can keep it respectful for awhile... 

see y’all Friday! 

15 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Man you make it sound like CC’S defense is trash..  by saying if you don’t hang 50 on us then you really do have a bad offensive line .. lol 

much respect to newton!  Yes our young offense will struggle to score but hopefully our lil ol good for nothing defense can keep it respectful for awhile... 

see y’all Friday! 

Everyone is saying Newton and they are probably right but this ramfan1 is rooting for our friends in corrigancamden

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:57 PM, corrigancamden09 said:

see y’all Friday! 

CC don't worry about the nay sayers, as long as y'all give it your all, that's all anybody can ask and in the end you never know.

58 minutes ago, AmphibiousRodent said:

You're a nice guy. Everyone wins in the end

No, not everyone wins, we are all different, some are  better than others. But in competition should I not try. Should I go out there and lay down or should I go down fighting, trying to get better. If I was a coach and the kids gave it their all, that's all you can ask of them, in the real world David don't always slay Goliath.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Purpleforever said:

No, not everyone wins, we are all different, some are  better than others. But in competition should I not try. Should I go out there and lay down or should I go down fighting, trying to get better. If I was a coach and the kids gave it their all, that's all you can ask of them, in the real world David don't always slay Goliath.

You should never lay down. True Dat! David not often slay Goliath.