12 2A Div 1 vs 11 2A Div 1. Which is better ?

Bigj47

1 hour ago, ButtermilkPie said:

I think Groveton should be in the conversation as well.  They can score in bunches.

Groveton is in the conversation as a top ten team in the region. But not to win it. I think groveton would be happy to break their curse in the playoffs and finally win one. They have had some good teams lose first round the last decade. 

I wouldn’t call the Garrison and SA game a blowout or getting rolled, other than that pretty much everybody else has gotten spanked pretty good. Well maybe 3A Hemphill played them better in the second half. But really who else have they played to date that they shouldn’t have bushwhacked?

1 hour ago, Jacket44 said:

I wouldn’t call the Garrison and SA game a blowout or getting rolled, other than that pretty much everybody else has gotten spanked pretty good. Well maybe 3A Hemphill played them better in the second half. But really who else have they played to date that they shouldn’t have bushwhacked?

SA should have blown Garrison out.  They left 21 points on the field.  Probably the worst game SA has played.  Tenaha and Big Sandy I expected more from.  Hemphill played a pretty nice 2nd half.  The rest is meh.

1 hour ago, SAWolfman said:

SA should have blown Garrison out.  They left 21 points on the field.  Probably the worst game SA has played.  Tenaha and Big Sandy I expected more from.  Hemphill played a pretty nice 2nd half.  The rest is meh.

The “leaving points on the field” you’re talking about was y’all just straight up getting beat at the LoS when you got inside the 5.  You can admit it.  Sure, you guys are the better team, but Garrison held y’all at the goal line 3 times without turnovers, they were better for those plays.  You can admit that, it’s okay.

2 minutes ago, Bulldog64 said:

The “leaving points on the field” you’re talking about was y’all just straight up getting beat at the LoS when you got inside the 5.  You can admit it.  Sure, you guys are the better team, but Garrison held y’all at the goal line 3 times without turnovers, they were better for those plays.  You can admit that, it’s okay.

Lol, that’s what I saw on film. Garrison did the same to us as well, defense wasn’t their problem in those games.

1 minute ago, Jacket44 said:

Lol, that’s what I saw on film. Garrison did the same to us as well, defense wasn’t their problem in those games.

Yeah, O-line struggled against you guys pretty bad. Hard to run any plays when that’s happening. Offense wasn’t really a problem against SA.  Scoring even 28 on them is a pretty good feat.  They’re just a really good team.  Both you guys and SA are really good.

58 minutes ago, Bulldog64 said:

Thought that was just twice and fumbled in the left end zone.  You have to score when when inside the 5.  Not taking anything away from what Garrison did.  It was a good game with a playoff atmosphere.

26 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

Thought that was just twice and fumbled in the left end zone.  You have to score when when inside the 5.  Not taking anything away from what Garrison did.  It was a good game with a playoff atmosphere.

Actually, you may be right.  Might’ve been a fumble for the third one.  It was a great game for sure.  Hopefully we’ll see you guys in the regional finals.

14 hours ago, Gilbert said:

The rusk state team 

Now, this I believe.  Because I can’t imagine anyone that’s completely sane to comment that Alto is a “has been” team. What we are is a legacy team.  That had about 3 rough years in a 30 year stretch (It happens in most programs occasionally). Regardless, I like our chances.  

• Like 3

Whoever Plays This SA team the key word is this better be ready. To me the defense is way better lines are huge. They have more weapons on offense than any SA team iv seen since the state champ teamnin 2003. They need to stay healthy.