I'm interested to see what everyone's thoughts are. Malakoff and Pottsboro are the teams to beat right now. Sabine is looking really good. D7 is getting dicey, and I think all 5 teams could make a run. I think Hooks is the dark horse in the region.

6 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Mally then 

everyone else. 

3 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Agreed. State championship may be a repeat from last year. 

Seems likely, but last year Malakoff got second in district, and nobody thought they would make it past the second round. They beat 3 ranked teams to make there way to state. We need to remember it can be anyone.

2 minutes ago, jayd3nb said:

Seems likely, but last year Malakoff got second in district, and nobody thought they would make it past the second round. They beat 3 ranked teams to make there way to state. We need to remember it can be anyone.

I didn’t realize they were the 2 seed. Didn’t really keep up with them either though. I think everyone around here believed it was Gladewater then everyone else. 

2 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I didn’t realize they were the 2 seed. Didn’t really keep up with them either though. I think everyone around here believed it was Gladewater then everyone else. 

Yes, they beat top-10 Jefferson in round two, and then top-10 Gladewater in round 3 I believe. They also beat Brock in the state semis.

Guest Tiger03lb
13 minutes ago, jayd3nb said:

You are correct. Rankings are for us to talk about. In the playoffs everyone starts back over. Other than injuries that last game with Kemp, that game woke us up. 

Pottsboro will probably be a second or third round out. They will score points but their defense isn't there yet. 

Sabine and hooks are playing really good ball right now and are hot. If they can continue that into the playoffs they'll be a tough out.

Whoever makes it out of district 7, I hope they all will be healthy enough to make it though and have enough energy to make it. 

Guest Tiger03lb
30 minutes ago, Lion54 said:

Sabine will compete well with any of the top teams in my opinion. 

I haven't seen Sabine play or really followed them this year. What makes them so good this year?

16 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

I haven't seen Sabine play or really followed them this year. What makes them so good this year?

Veteran team. Got about 15 seniors. Oline and Dline are really good. QB is one of the best around. Got the best kicker in the state. Really not many studs on this team but they all play hard and work together as a team. And they are playing with a ton of confidence now. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Very well executed football, very few mistakes, everyone gets after it the whole game. They seem to have really come together as a team with one goal, to leave it all on the field. The QB is a very talented athlete that runs the offense methodically. They tackle well, they block well, and they execute their game plan very well. 

• Like 1

Malakoff is definitely keeping hopes for s state championship alive, but Region 2 always has some sneaky contenders to beat. D7 is a mess to try to figure out right now and because of that its hard to tell whats going on over there, but Hooks seems to be on a roll. I keep hearing a lot about Sabine too, so maybe there's some fresh blood to make a run this year out of D8, I will also say that I'm a firm believer that success breeds success and Sabine has developed a culture of success from the classroom to the field so who knows! After this last week, I can assure you that Dallas Madison isn't a team to look past, they could surprise a few people. It's all about match ups and it's 0-0 come week 11. Enjoy the ride guys and gals!  

2 minutes ago, Endseeker83 said:

Malakoff is definitely keeping hopes for s state championship alive, but Region 2 always has some sneaky contenders to beat. D7 is a mess to try to figure out right now and because of that its hard to tell whats going on over there, but Hooks seems to be on a roll. I keep hearing a lot about Sabine too, so maybe there's some fresh blood to make a run this year out of D8, I will also say that I'm a firm believer that success breeds success and Sabine has developed a culture of success from the classroom to the field so who knows! After this last week, I can assure you that Dallas Madison isn't a team to look past, they could surprise a few people. It's all about match ups and it's 0-0 come week 11. Enjoy the ride guys and gals!  

Week 12

3 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

Veteran team. Got about 15 seniors. Oline and Dline are really good. QB is one of the best around. Got the best kicker in the state. Really not many studs on this team but they all play hard and work together as a team. And they are playing with a ton of confidence now. 

Not saying the kicker isn’t good but he’s missed his fair share this year. Wouldn’t call that best in the state.