HS Coach Suspended for Running Up the Score Against Prev Undefeated Foe

Everide2016

"Lopsided scores policy" in Nassau County, New Jersey.  A very slippery slope I hope Texas never goes down.  I'm all for good sportsmanship, but we need to trust that 99.9% of our coaches will do the right thing and not ever allow a policy like this in Texas.

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/long-island-high-school-football-coach-suspended-for-running-up-the-score-against-previously-undefeated-foe

I think it's stupid. I've seen a lot worse scores than that. I don't think Texas would ever allow a policy like that to be considered even. 

But, that being said, it states he never pulled the starters. That's a no-no. If you enter the 4th with a 5 possession lead, there's no reason your starters should still be in. That is pitiful sportsmanship. It's different if you sustain the lead, but they added to it in the 4th. 

6 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I think it's stupid. I've seen a lot worse scores than that. I don't think Texas would ever allow a policy like that to be considered even. 

But, that being said, it states he never pulled the starters. That's a no-no. If you enter the 4th with a 5 possession lead, there's no reason your starters should still be in. That is pitiful sportsmanship. It's different if you sustain the lead, but they added to it in the 4th. 

Were the one who posted about the HC in new Mexico resigning because the super was reaming him for winning by to many points?...the whole world is getting soft man...

61 to 13? Thats is... We did that 3 times last season... 77-0 61-0 and i want to say 84-0.... But we did pull our starters out. About 5 - 6 years ago we beat a team 89-0 and it would have been 96-0 if it wasnt for a hold call by our 3rd string jv player that got moved up lol