The Official 2020 Rangers Offseason Thread

Stoney

On 3/6/2020 at 10:00 AM, TxFight said:

I feel better about this team than I have in a bit...think the pieces could be there to make a run at a wild card and really contend again thereafter

My worries are bullpen, 1st base, CF defense, and the unpredictability of Odor.  This could potentially be one of the best rotations in a long time.

Bird and Guzman have been duds so far in spring training at 1st. 

I love what Santana brings, just not as an everyday CF, wish Texas would have went after Billy Hamilton.  I know he isn't much of a hitter, but he would have brought good D' in CF and speed at the 9 spot in the batting order.

Nonetheless, this is the most excited I've been for a season since the last playoff team.  And of course game 1 is in the middle of a work day.

On 3/8/2020 at 3:59 PM, Red90fly said:

Dang Calhoun took a 95 mph heater to the face today.

I was okay watching the replays.  Then I saw a replay with the sound turned up and the sound of that impact made me sick to my stomach!  I bet a lot of players turn to the face guard after this occurrence!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2020 at 5:49 PM, Red90fly said:

My worries are bullpen, 1st base, CF defense, and the unpredictability of Odor.  This could potentially be one of the best rotations in a long time.

Bird and Guzman have been duds so far in spring training at 1st. 

I love what Santana brings, just not as an everyday CF, wish Texas would have went after Billy Hamilton.  I know he isn't much of a hitter, but he would have brought good D' in CF and speed at the 9 spot in the batting order.

Nonetheless, this is the most excited I've been for a season since the last playoff team.  And of course game 1 is in the middle of a work day.

Wouldn't surprise me if we see Kiner-Falefa play 3rd, a bunch and Frazier play 1st a bunch. Guzman gets the short end of the stick because he has options left.