Orangefield - W 37-6 over Warren 

Crockett - W 56-16 over Westwood 

Lago Vista - L 40-33 to Troy 

Edna - W 45-7 over Goliad  

Hooks - L 49-7 over Jefferson 

Jim Ned -W 45-22 over Early 

Sabine - L 40-16 to Gladewater

Hughes Springs - W 35-7 over New Boston 

Last year, I kept telling people in Cameron before the playoffs that the team to watch out for was Grandview.  I'm now telling people to watch out for Diboll.  I just feel they are playing the most consistent football of any team in 3A DI and their defense has been dominant, thus I have decided to move them to #1.  

I will say that this is still an open race, and I believe there are 10-15 teams that could get to the state championship.  There are no overwhelming favorites, in my opinion.  

I'm just not a believer in some of these teams. So hard to judge some of the teams by their competition. But, that's the glory of you doing the ranking and not me. I get to criticize you haha. Good stuff. You going to keep ranking when playoffs start?

That was a great win for Whitney.  I still believe Grandview is still the team to beat.  Diboll flexed their muscles defendively against Franklin.  Diboll is a team that can be dangerous with that defense and running game as the weather turns sour deeper they go into these playoffs.   Unfortunately my Yoemen could possibly run into the Lumberjacks in that second round. The Yoemen have to take care of a dangerous Lago Vista team next week.  That game is being played over in Lago Vista, where a highly ranked Yoemen team was beaten a few years back.  The Yoemen went on and won State that year.  

09 you do an outstanding job with your rankings.  It's just a few teams I disagree with where they stand.   Grandview, Cameron Yoe too low.   Troy and Whitney too high.  

I never update rankings throughout the playoffs, but will chime in with a weekly thread on my thoughts on big games and results.  

Clearly, people like Grandview and Cameron are still in the mix.  Grandview lost a district game last year, and Cameron lost a district game in two of their title runs.  To me, it's all about which team is going to flip that switch and get rolling in the playoffs.  I understand fully that some of these teams will prove to be over or under rated as we head through November and December.  

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, 88YoePride said:

A REAL football team will take a loss or near-loss and that will fire them up and actually make them more dangerous (See: "Battle of the Bell 2014"). So I would watch Troy and Grandview and see what they do the next couple weeks. 

Yep. We did that exact thing last year after Kemp. 

14 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Yep. We did that exact thing last year after Kemp. 

See, I warned you. You’re taking on the “voice of malakoff football” by saying things like “we.” Become accurate with information or make it known you are a common fan with no ties to the team. Not cool to break headlining news that happens with the team, either.

• Stinks 1

Guest Tiger03lb
18 minutes ago, KellyLeak said:

See, I warned you. You’re taking on the “voice of malakoff football” by saying things like “we.” Become accurate with information or make it known you are a common fan with no ties to the team. Not cool to break headlining news that happens with the team, 

Wow, you warned me. Lol. Funny. I have been correct and if I'm not, I usually correct myself, which I have. Why wouldn't a fan say we? What's so different here? We both played for koff and we both graduated from koff. We both are common fans now. You are common fan now whether you like it or not. How many games have you made it out? I've seen you post on here for awhile and the #### you post makes you look like the villiage idiot at times.

That headlining news that was out before I even said anything on here. There was nothing new. Not to many posters from koff that will speak up on here other than acouple of others. 

Hell, endseeker even crapped on your post and he's from koff. 

7 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Wow, you warned me. Lol. Funny. I have been correct and if I'm not, I usually correct myself, which I have. Why wouldn't a fan say we? What's so different here? We both played for koff and we both graduated from koff. We both are common fans now. You are common fan now whether you like it or not. How many games have you made it out? I've seen you post on here for awhile and the #### you post makes you look like the villiage idiot at times.

That headlining news that was out before I even said anything on here. There was nothing new. Not to many posters from koff that will speak up on here other than acouple of others. 

Hell, endseeker even crapped on your post and he's from koff. 

Just make sure you stay positive posting about Malakoff kids and the people that help out with the program. 

• Stinks 4

Guest Tiger03lb
42 minutes ago, KellyLeak said:

Just make sure you stay positive posting about Malakoff kids and the people that help out with the program. 

When have I ever posted something negative tolds the koff players? Most of the time, I'm taking up for the us or should I say koff? 🤷‍♂️ I believe I said something one time and it was this year during the SH game about some play calling. This is a football forum, that's what we do on here is talk football. Most of what I post on here is positive, I've even posted on other teams games that I've seen.

Why don't you start posting some positive things on here, eat a little bit of your own words. 

Guest Tiger03lb
Just now, hornsandowls said:

Dave Campbell football projecting Grandview playing Rockdale, Cameron Yoe and Diboll depending on how far they make it through post season. I wouldn't sleep on this this team just yet even with loss to Whitney...

How's the kid that got hurt? Hope he's okay. Seems like you guys been plagued with injuries this year. 

On 11/3/2019 at 7:09 AM, KellyLeak said:

See, I warned you. You’re taking on the “voice of malakoff football” by saying things like “we.” Become accurate with information or make it known you are a common fan with no ties to the team. Not cool to break headlining news that happens with the team, either.

Ignorant post. You'd be calling out every individual on here for saying "we" if you stood behind those words. Come on man. I have faith you can come up with more tasteful posts than that. 

Guest Tiger03lb
51 minutes ago, stitch said:

You 2 obviously know each other so the next question is who would win the fight?

Excellent question if you can figure out who is he! I 🤷‍♂️ 

I noticed Dave Campbell new rankings have Wall and Grandview just flip flopping #1 & 2.  Whitney not even in the top ten.  The next few weeks are going to be fun.  Everyone making the playoffs will have their opportunity to prove their worth.  There maybe some jaw droppers on the horizon.