Newton @ Anderson-Shiro

Purpleforever

28 minutes ago, AmphibiousRodent said:

I'd have to agree.  Newton with 135 yards penalties.  They have been penalized like this more than two games this year. No discipline and that is a coaching problem imo

I agree with you on the coaches. What's with this no safety defense. Were they that afraid of ASO's big running  back.  The Eagles have a problem, and Drew better get handle  on it quickly.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Newtonres7586 said:

I agree with you on the coaches. What's with this no safety defense. Were they that afraid of ASO's big running  back.  The Eagles have a problem, and Drew better get handle  on it quickly.

Agreed 110%.. This is not Newton type football. 

12 minutes ago, OleMoe said:

Never have seen 130+ yards of penalties in a game for Newton. One player ejected for throwing a punch. Very disappointing performance tonight. No 3peat playing like this. 

That’s absolutely ridiculous. By the way they announced it the calls were legit too. Hope they get a handle on it. Won’t make it 2nd of 3rd round like this. 

Newton has the skilled athletes.  IMO They look great at some points and terrible at others in the same game. Due mostly to discipline, penalties and bad play specifically on the offensive line. They obviously have no kicking game whatsoever. I blame discipline, and even the kicking game, on the coaching staff. I've said it before, if you have all that great talent you should also develop a kicker,  every year.  They haven't and aren't going to change the rules, we will likely be kicking off as long as we play football.  Develope a kicker! Every year. Please tell me they are doing that at this moment on JV and 7th and 8th grade. Please tell me we have learned a lesson (coaches). I see Nate throwing off the wrong foot, making bad decisions,  not setting up. The kids got a lot of talent.  But he really needs to work on his technique a lot in the off season. Same with the receivers.  But I direct this at the coaches. I just haven't seen much improvement or more accurately discipline.  Having said all that, if they play to their potential,  I still see them, in the semi final or state State Championship game. If they don't pull it together, I'm directing the blame directly at the coaching staff.  The only team that I believe that has a legitimate shot of beating Newton if they play to potential is East Bernard maybe, and Canadian.  Anyone else and it's a coaching problem. Sorry, I blame the boss and brain of the operation to fix the problems.  It's a job, just like mine, you took it, your getting paid, it's high profile.  I and all the supervisors at a very large cooperation I work for once received and Email from corporate HQ. To put it short, it read. We don't have employee problems,  we only have manager and supervisor problems,  if you can't fix them we will fix you. 

Fix it Newton. We have grown accustomed to winning.  We demand it. Particularly when you have the potential to win. 

• Stinks 3

Maybe I missed something... Newton did win the game. Threatening the coaching staff on a football forum is productive. Go to the next school board meeting and voice your opinion and let them know that going undefeated in district is unacceptable if another team gets within 14 points. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2