Week 10 - Atlanta @ Hooks - 11/8

H3llR4z0r

5-Way Tie for District Championship on the Line!  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who will take home the W?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/09/2019 at 01:30 AM

Atlanta has a fair number of starters out for the band competition. We did have our speedy back get a practice in yesterday from what I'm hearing. It will be nice to have him back in the lineup if he can get his head in the game and play ball. Boy is bad news if he wants to be. Got all the talent in the world, just got to want to use it. 

3 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

That's surprising. I figured you guys would want to be the #1 seed. Unless you want some revenge from last year if hooks wins. 😉

Honestly it doesn't matter if we are 1 or 2. District 8 has some good teams over there. Either team we play will be good. I just feel like if Hooks plays like they did against MVU and the Stangs they'll be hard to beat at home. If Hooks let those backs get loose, it'll be a long night and Jeffy will be the #1 seed

3 hours ago, Dawg665 said:

Tiger, we’re just happy to be in the playoffs. Seeding don’t matter, revenge would be great, but I’m just happy to be where we’re at! I will tell you this though, you are outside of your mind if you think Jefferson will ever back down! Y’all can beat us 5 years in a row and we’ll still show up. We don’t backdown, we may struggle in round 2 lol, but it’s not in our blood to just rollover and play dead. If you think so then you don’t know us! I read a comment you made a couple of weeks back about Jefferson not wanting a 2 seed because we’ll have to play Malakoff again...but I’m here to tell you better be careful what ya ask for😉

I'll tell ya what. Jeffy looked good on film last year, and when they showed up it was no different. That team was all the way around solid! That being said, That Malakoff vs. Jefferson game from 2018 will, at least in my mind, go down as one for the best executed game plans in HS football on behalf of Malakoff last year. Jeffy was big and had the talent to pair with it and there is still a lot of respect for that program for this year. It would be a good match up again this year if it happens, but a little easier draw would be nice. lol

All that said, it is a week away from playoff season and seedings won't matter after the opening kick off. Just kids playing with fire and passion for the love of game. The best time of year IMO!

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Endseeker83 said:

I'll tell ya what. Jeffy looked good on film last year, and when they showed up it was no different. That team was all the way around solid! That being said, That Malakoff vs. Jefferson game from 2018 will, at least in my mind, go down as one for the best executed game plans in HS football on behalf of Malakoff last year. Jeffy was big and had the talent to pair with it and there is still a lot of respect for that program for this year. It would be a good match up again this year if it happens, but a little easier draw would be nice. lol

All that said, it is a week away from playoff season and seedings won't matter after the opening kick off. Just kids playing with fire and passion for the love of game. The best time of year IMO!

Playoffs started a week early for Atlanta lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jefferson96Dawgs said:

Plenty of faith for Rabbit Land. Hell you guys gave us an L. I gave Hooks the slight edge only because it's in Hooks. Our opinions won't matter one bit come Fri night. Atl knows they have to win. Man I hope that Atl radio is working good Fri cause I'll be locked in

The game will be broadcast via webcast with Hooks commentators if you need to listen to the game. 

http://www.hooksisd.net/

Scroll down and look for Athletic Webcast. 

• Thanks 1

S2S talking about what Atlanta's RB did against Jefferson. He's the 3rd string RB 👀. We quite possibly will have all 3 back for this week. A healthy senior will be a huge factor for Atlanta. If I wasn't so busy this week with work, I'd be posting tons of GIFs lol. 

11 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

S2S talking about what Atlanta's RB did against Jefferson. He's the 3rd string RB 👀. We quite possibly will have all 3 back for this week. A healthy senior will be a huge factor for Atlanta. If I wasn't so busy this week with work, I'd be posting tons of GIFs lol. 

A three headed monster would be scary, but we haven't cut the grass in a month so it should slow yall down a bit...haha

• LOL! 1

Part of being a small school is about sharing kids between activities, and personally I admire how good Atlanta is at it, it’s what’s kept them rather competitive in most activities throughout the years, but especially now that they’re on the larger end of 3A.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Horns85 said:

I dont believe a kid should have to choose... it happened with a Bowie County school few years back and well we see what happened. 

I agree honestly. I'm just stating why that was said. The only reason we're feeling the effects of it, is because we're competing for state. Cass County had 3 bands in the state finals. QC placed 3rd, Atlanta placed 5th, Redwater placed 8th. Quite an accomplishment for the county and the bands really. 

I just hope the few practices they got in on this bye week and the lengthy practice Tuesday will be enough to give their football team the same opportunity. 

31 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I agree honestly. I'm just stating why that was said. The only reason we're feeling the effects of it, is because we're competing for state. Cass County had 3 bands in the state finals. QC placed 3rd, Atlanta placed 5th, Redwater placed 8th. Quite an accomplishment for the county and the bands really. 

I just hope the few practices they got in on this bye week and the lengthy practice Tuesday will be enough to give their football team the same opportunity. 

Congrats to all but did i miss something? When did Redwater become Cass County? Seems they are in Bowie and the aforementioned school I was mentioning 

58 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

Welcome to Cass County to the people of Redwater !!!

And now the people of Mt. Vernon can be investigating if Atlanta goes over the weekly time limit of practices, since they know Atlanta has long ones.

• Stinks 1