Playoffs 3A Division 2. Daingerfield 1st round opponent

Geno35777

6 minutes ago, Eagle27 said:

You gotta win Friday first big boy 

Your right about that, but they will win, anybody that knows me knows how hard I been on EF for awhile now, I have to feel pretty confident to pick us to win again just like I was confident they was gonna beat ND. 

8 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

According to Pax

CC will be ready if y’all win..  we are young with 4 freshmen but still have been holding our own.. 

our run defense is pretty salty!  Don’t judge us on the newton score , they’re fixing to start hitting stride and just so happens they decided to start with us ! 

If we do play again I expect another great game! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

Your right about that, but they will win, anybody that knows me knows how hard I been on EF for awhile now, I have to feel pretty confident to pick us to win again just like I was confident they was gonna beat ND. 

We’ll see if your good or just plain lucky 😂

52 minutes ago, Eagles2014 said:

Why are so many people so confident that Daingerfield will beat Hemphill so easily? Daingerfield struggles with offenses like the Hornets have especially with all the moving around and unbalanced things they do. Daingerfield isn’t the best on defense all the time either. So let the game play out you never know Hemphill May put it on them they have a couple good backs and a descent overall team. 

If Hemphill can hold onto the ball they’ll beat DF.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

I can’t answer that but they’ll play EF a lot tougher than you think.

I never said Dekalb was gonna be a easy, I just see a different attitude EF is playing with, I'm just picking EF to win and that may surprise some people alone lol

1 hour ago, TDJ89 said:

According to Pax

Elysian fields needs to win, but they also need Daingerfield to beat New Diana.  They need both to happen to make the playoffs, and they get the 3 seed of they both happen.  There is no other path to the playoffs for Elysian Fields.

Here is what I'm fairly certain of (assuming PP beats QC and W beats OC - which are safe bets I think) :

If New Diana wins, the EF v DK game doesn't matter, and these are the seeds :

1) PP

2) ND

3) DF

4) W

If Daingerfield and Elysian Fields win :

1 )DF

2) PP

3) EF

4) see NOTE below

If Daingerfield and DeKalb win :

1) DF

2) PP

3) ND

4) W

NOTE : In the event that Daingerfield and Elysian Fields win, the 4 seed will be between New Diana and Waskom.  I'm not confident enough in how the tie breakers work to assert which it would be because there is too much conflicting data.  Wild74 heard from a Waskom coach that they use points first, then head-to-head - in which case New Diana would win this tie-breaker, but 1) I haven't found any district that uses that method - the methods they use would make Waskom the winner of the tie-breaker, and 2) that same coach told Wild that the only scenario where Waskom makes the playoffs is if DeKalb beats Elysian Fields, and that's not the case.  Waskom would make the playoffs if New Diana beats Daingerfield regardless of what happens in the EF/DK game.  For these reasons, I'm not calling who the 4 seed would be in this scenario.   

• Like 3