Grand Saline @ Harmony

1armchairQB

This has the potential to be a great game. No pun intended, but, GS is pretty salty this year.  

It's going to come down to a few key things for GS.  Play calling, QB play, and pass defense.  

The pass defense has struggled all year.  Both losses reflect that if you saw those games.  

The QB is young.  He's a great kid, and I'm certainly not belittling him in any way, but he's been up and down this season, (mostly up) which I think was kind of expected.  

As the season has progressed I feel like the play selection has somewhat limited the offensive fire power.  The offense really is loaded if we take advantage of it.  We have 3 solid running backs, which there isn't really any discernable difference in, and a host of good receivers.  The offense is at its best when running wide open.  The last 3 minutes of the Arp game showed that once they went back to it.  

GS has to come firing on all cylinders to make this a game. They can, the question is will they?

1 hour ago, 1armchairQB said:

This has the potential to be a great game. No pun intended, but, GS is pretty salty this year.  

It's going to come down to a few key things for GS.  Play calling, QB play, and pass defense.  

The pass defense has struggled all year.  Both losses reflect that if you saw those games.  

The QB is young.  He's a great kid, and I'm certainly not belittling him in any way, but he's been up and down this season, (mostly up) which I think was kind of expected.  

As the season has progressed I feel like the play selection has somewhat limited the offensive fire power.  The offense really is loaded if we take advantage of it.  We have 3 solid running backs, which there isn't really any discernable difference in, and a host of good receivers.  The offense is at its best when running wide open.  The last 3 minutes of the Arp game showed that once they went back to it.  

GS has to come firing on all cylinders to make this a game. They can, the question is will they?

I dont think they will get it done this week. Going with Harmony!

10 hours ago, Eagles2014 said:

Whoever loses this game could get Newton in 2nd round correct? 

Based on how it stacked out last season, the 3rd place team would hit Newton in round 3.  That was us last year. We did what was expected.  We showed up, took our place in line for an whoopin', and then went home 😁