Jeepster89

Mount Vernon vs Sabine playoffs rd 1   

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• MV
    • Sabine

17 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

We will still bring more fans. 

You know them Baylor folks going to charter a bus from Waco. Seriously though SS has a really nice stadium. You guys will be fine. I believe Sabine will exploit MVs secondary and McKinney will be able to have a big game on the ground

I don't see MV having anymore speed than several of the teams we faced in district. They may have a better passing game than anyone we have seen which could cause some problems but I like our chances. It's time to put an end to that win less playoff record.

4 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I don't see MV having anymore speed than several of the teams we faced in district. They may have a better passing game than anyone we have seen which could cause some problems but I like our chances. It's time to put an end to that win less playoff record.

I think with Kansas as the qb, they will be more run heavy than with the Colorado boys. Pass some yes but they will want to run the ball first in my opinion

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Opie1 said:

If Sabines offensive play calling changes to include some wide open receivers that we've ignored the last 2 weeks we have a chance but if not then we can't compete. Just my opinion.

Agree if we run the same plays as the last 2 weeks we one and done! 

7 minutes ago, Cardgrad04 said:

Agree if we run the same plays as the last 2 weeks we one and done! 

Surely we aren't the only 2 people seeing this. Last night blew my mind. We run Willagee for 10 yards at a time then run a QB keeper 2x for 2 yards. If you see that not working why keep doing it. It's mind boggling. 

15 minutes ago, Opie1 said:

Surely we aren't the only 2 people seeing this. Last night blew my mind. We run Willagee for 10 yards at a time then run a QB keeper 2x for 2 yards. If you see that not working why keep doing it. It's mind boggling. 

With that being said I still think we pull off the win.

9 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

Hour for someone in a 

I. wouldn't be suprised if ole coach Briles doesn't have a special play book just for the playoffs.   Holloman is looking a lot better the more reps he gets at qb. He gashed NB with a 60 plus yard td pass last night that was s dime of a pass.   Sadly the two kids that were deemed ineligible might actually be making hollomans college stock look alot better 

2 minutes ago, Purpletigerfan said:

I. wouldn't be suprised if ole coach Briles doesn't have a special play book just for the playoffs.   Holloman is looking a lot better the more reps he gets at qb. He gashed NB with a 60 plus yard td pass last night that was s dime of a pass.   Sadly the two kids that were deemed ineligible might actually be making hollomans college stock look alot better 

Anything Briles does won't be a surprise. Lol

• LOL! 1

3 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Sabine’s QB will be the difference maker. As he goes, Sabine goes I don’t think MV will be able to contain him unless they bring constant pressure all night and keep him running for his life. Even then... he will throw some absolute dimes on the run

You hit the nail on the head. Gonna be making history come Saturday.