Winnsboro vs. Hooks

chevyman

I’m gonna go with Hooks, but very hesitantly. These last 2 games have really exposed them. I know the level of competition had something to do with it, but I’m also wondering if they’ve peaked too soon. Gotta go with our district foe, but I know Finney will definitely be going over the past 2 weeks of film on Hooks and will be looking for weaknesses. Hooks is big up front and contrary to popular beliefs...they do have speed. Very interesting matchup to say the least. 

4 minutes ago, Dawg665 said:

I’m gonna go with Hooks, but very hesitantly. These last 2 games have really exposed them. I know the level of competition had something to do with it, but I’m also wondering if they’ve peaked too soon. Gotta go with our district foe, but I know Finney will definitely be going over the past 2 weeks of film on Hooks and will be looking for weaknesses. Hooks is big up front and contrary to popular beliefs...they do have speed. Very interesting matchup to say the least. 

We lost one game in district. How did 2 games expose us? We did beat ATL..lol. that being said Jeffy had their way with us though. If they have that gameplan watch out...but I dont think Winny has Dee black...

7 minutes ago, Cannon85 said:

I agree. We have to match yalls physicality or it will be a long night for us.

Im intrigued by this matchup as well. From the film ive seen, 7 is a game changer if he gets a crease or gets the outside. That will be a big thing to watch for from the Raiders defensive standpoint. If they allow him to get to the second level then it will be big trouble but if they can keep him somewhat contained then that will be key for them. I also see the play action game playing a factor as well especially if 18 and 7 are able to run the ball well. 

6 minutes ago, Cannon85 said:

We lost one game in district. How did 2 games expose us? We did beat ATL..lol. that being said Jeffy had their way with us though. If they have that gameplan watch out...but I dont think Winny has Dee black...

You’re right I don’t think anyone has a Dee Black and I’m not trashing y’all by no means. My point is simple, whether a loss or near loss in the last 2 games of the season raises eyebrows. Yes, y’all did only lose 1 game but everyone and anyone can be exposed especially when giving up the amount of points y’all did against Jefferson and Atlanta. With that said...I think y’all will handle business as long as y’all don’t panic and definitely tighten up on D. Hooks has the playmakers, but Winny has a very good coach. 

12 minutes ago, Cannon85 said:

I would say no we do not have a Dee Black but we have showed the ability to break some long runs with the speed we do have or like last night, pound the rock north and south and utilize the strength of the offensive line. Definitely the trenches will go a long way in determining the outcome

2 minutes ago, Dawg665 said:

You’re right I don’t think anyone has a Dee Black and I’m not trashing y’all by no means. My point is simple, whether a loss or near loss in the last 2 games of the season raises eyebrows. Yes, y’all did only lose 1 game but everyone and anyone can be exposed especially when giving up the amount of points y’all did against Jefferson and Atlanta. With that said...I think y’all will handle business as long as y’all don’t panic and definitely tighten up on D. Hooks has the playmakers, but Winny has a very good coach. 

The panic is what has me worried...lol. we didnt last night thank the lort!!

3 minutes ago, chevyman said:

I would say no we do not have a Dee Black but we have showed the ability to break some long runs with the speed we do have or like last night, pound the rock north and south and utilize the strength of the offensive line. Definitely the trenches will go a long way in determining the outcome

The trenches is what should make this a good smash mouth game. Both teams have good lines on both side of the ball.

1 minute ago, Cannon85 said:

The panic is what has me worried...lol. we didnt last night thank the lort!!

I’m not gonna lie, when I saw y’all were up by 2 scores and then all of the sudden it was tied up, that was my 1st thought lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheHaireBeatTheTortoise said:

Hooks by 21 very balanced on O. Huge Oline and some very good skilled kids!

Is this just a complete homer pick on your part?  Have you even looked at Winnsboro’s schedule and results over last 10 games?  Their worst loss was to MV by 19 before the player shakeup.  Other than that they lost to Sabine by 10, GW by 4 and WR by 4.  Hooks may very well beat Winnsboro, but it won’t be by 21.  The Raider’s style of offense doesn’t generally give their opponents enough possessions to get that far ahead.  Winnsboro may be the 4th place team out of D8 but they are a few plays from being the #2 seed.  Sleep on the Raiders and Hooks will get beat.

21 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Is this just a complete homer pick on your part?  Have you even looked at Winnsboro’s schedule and results over last 10 games?  Their worst loss was to MV by 19 before the player shakeup.  Other than that they lost to Sabine by 10, GW by 4 and WR by 4.  Hooks may very well beat Winnsboro, but it won’t be by 21.  The Raider’s style of offense doesn’t generally give their opponents enough possessions to get that far ahead.  Winnsboro may be the 4th place team out of D8 but they are a few plays from being the #2 seed.  Sleep on the Raiders and Hooks will get beat.

It is a homer pick. I do believe Hooks will have the biggest OLine winnsboro has seen. I also believe hooks will be too much with there balanced offense. That’s just my opinion though.

4 hours ago, Dawg665 said:

Last two games they went up against a bunch of athletes. No disrespect to Winny but they don’t have the same type of athlete as Jefferson and Atlanta. Flip side to that is we do and Winny took us behind the shed. So who really knows. 

10 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Last two games they went up against a bunch of athletes. No disrespect to Winny but they don’t have the same type of athlete as Jefferson and Atlanta. Flip side to that is we do and Winny took us behind the shed. So who really knows. 

You never know, every matchup is different and a couple of turnovers can make all the difference.

19 minutes ago, TheHaireBeatTheTortoise said:

It is a homer pick. I do believe Hooks will have the biggest OLine winnsboro has seen. I also believe hooks will be too much with there balanced offense. That’s just my opinion though.

I think thats fair. I will say from our side of the coin, Winnys o line could be the best that Hooks has seen? Not totally sure just guessing. I do believe that the Raiders will be able to move the ball so taking good care of it will be crucial. No penalties or negative plays. Obviously no turnovers. 

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I was thinking that score prediction would mean winny would hafta be handing the rock off to the wrong jersey.. They will slow grind the hell out the clock and severely limit opponent possessions.. Key will be stopping them first downs in short yardage situ.. Jmho 

Last two games Winny has given up 49 points in the first half and only 17 in the second half while scoring 34 in the first half and 32 in the second half. Obviously that is a testament to halftime adjustments BUT in my opinion the Raiders will lose if we give up another big scoring output in the first half against Hooks. All that said it will be crucial for Winny to get off to a better start then they have the last two weeks

4 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Last two games Winny has given up 49 points in the first half and only 17 in the second half while scoring 34 in the first half and 32 in the second half. Obviously that is a testament to halftime adjustments BUT in my opinion the Raiders will lose if we give up another big scoring output in the first half against Hooks. All that said it will be crucial for Winny to get off to a better start then they have the last two weeks

Win coin toss and score on 1st possession with an 8 minute drive.

Winny by 7. That stadium is good luck for Finney...we came back from 20 down at halftime to beat Bolls and make a great run deep into the playoffs!! Should be an interesting game...if there's a way Coach Finney will figure it out. Being out athleted is something he is used to dealing with. Better not sleep on Winny...they are not a normal fourth place team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chevyman said:

I think thats fair. I will say from our side of the coin, Winnys o line could be the best that Hooks has seen? Not totally sure just guessing. I do believe that the Raiders will be able to move the ball so taking good care of it will be crucial. No penalties or negative plays. Obviously no turnovers. 

Y’all very well may put to em. How’s yalls run defense? And pass Defense?

27 minutes ago, TheHaireBeatTheTortoise said:

Y’all very well may put to em. How’s yalls run defense? And pass Defense?

Not been too bad at all. Probably more oil has been leaked the last two weeks than the rest of the season but they have made the big plays in those key situations that needed it. Honestly have been extremely prepared every game this year

7 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Not been too bad at all. Probably more oil has been leaked the last two weeks than the rest of the season but they have made the big plays in those key situations that needed it. Honestly have been extremely prepared every game this year

It should be a good game. Good luck against Hooks there QB is solid. He’s a FB that can sling it. RB is a playmaker and they have 1 WR who’s tough to stop. Time control could be a huge factor if y’all execute it. No team in our district is a time control team besides HS. MV Jefferson and Hooks are light up the scoreboard teams.