Winnsboro vs. Hooks

chevyman

11 minutes ago, TheHaireBeatTheTortoise said:

It should be a good game. Good luck against Hooks there QB is solid. He’s a FB that can sling it. RB is a playmaker and they have 1 WR who’s tough to stop. Time control could be a huge factor if y’all execute it. No team in our district is a time control team besides HS. MV Jefferson and Hooks are light up the scoreboard teams.

I think it should be a good game as well. You’re right time control could be a huge factor in the game. 

This Hooks team is very good, but we are very tough, which I believe is more important. #18 is tough and the rest of the team follows! Our AD is tough and our DC is tough. We have lacked toughness in the past, but not anymore. We ran the gauntlet which is District 7 when nobody thought we would place higher than 5th place. For some reason people are saying we don't have speed, but we always have speed. The Hornets roll this week!

4 minutes ago, hornetblue said:

This Hooks team is very good, but we are very tough, which I believe is more important. #18 is tough and the rest of the team follows! Our AD is tough and our DC is tough. We have lacked toughness in the past, but not anymore. We ran the gauntlet which is District 7 when nobody thought we would place higher than 5th place. For some reason people are saying we don't have speed, but we always have speed. The Hornets roll this week!

Sounds a lot like Winnsboro but they were picked to finish 7th in D8.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Endseeker83 said:

What does the depth of the OL and DL for both teams looks like. Are there a lot of 2 way starters for either team?

Winny has a few that play both ways. Those few switch in and out a lot so they are never in their full time on both sides. It also depends on what set we are in as well. I think this game will be similar to the Minny game from the standpoint of those bigger guys having to be in there more than usual based on the size of the offensive line. The Raiders smaller d line caused some havoc late in the game the other night so I see them playing a pivotal role this week as well.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Who was that other team that knocked off the D7 champs. I can’t think of their name. One of your jackwagon posters on that app doesn’t like us. I can’t imagine why. 

Some lucky team..haha... no seriously PP is one heckuva team. good luck to yall!!

18 had some great stats the other night from what I saw. Do you guys think that the strategy would be to stop him first and make someone else beat you? or could that be dangerous by then letting 7 run wild? I think it creates a fascinating decision on the Raiders part as to how they want to approach it

5 minutes ago, chevyman said:

18 had some great stats the other night from what I saw. Do you guys think that the strategy would be to stop him first and make someone else beat you? or could that be dangerous by then letting 7 run wild? I think it creates a fascinating decision on the Raiders part as to how they want to approach it

#7 is the leading rusher in the area. If he gets a small crease he can take it to the house at any part of the field. #18 is a bruiser he doesnt run away from contact, and he has a cannon for an arm. The raiders have a great D line. #55 is a beast! Should be fun to see.

Just now, Eagleborn said:

Solid season. 

Yea not bad. That doesnt include the ATL game though. I dont have those stats to add into it. That raider D is tough though from what I have seen. The nose #55 is a rock in the middle. Yards will be tough to get against them.

5 minutes ago, Cannon85 said:

Yea not bad. That doesnt include the ATL game though. I dont have those stats to add into it. That raider D is tough though from what I have seen. The nose #55 is a rock in the middle. Yards will be tough to get against them.

Oddly enough the biggest plays of the night on the last drive that Minny had were made by basically our smallest guy that plays on the d line. He is stout and can create havoc in the backfield.

7 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Oddly enough the biggest plays of the night on the last drive that Minny had were made by basically our smallest guy that plays on the d line. He is stout and can create havoc in the backfield.

Yalls D is impressive period. We have seen your offense a few times this year and had good luck controlling it, but that reverse that yall have is a nice wrinkle. We will have to play our responsibilities to try to keep that from hitting a home run like it shows many of times. I think this will be a one possession game. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cannon85 said:

Yalls D is impressive period. We have seen your offense a few times this year and had good luck controlling it, but that reverse that yall have is a nice wrinkle. We will have to play our responsibilities to try to keep that from hitting a home run like it shows many of times. I think this will be a one possession game. 

That has become a very effective play for us starting around the Sabine game. In my personal honest opinion, I believe that Winny will have to make a big play in the passing game to win this game. I do believe that the Raiders will be able to run the ball but there could be a time where a pass will be necessary to effect the outcome

2 minutes ago, chevyman said:

That has become a very effective play for us starting around the Sabine game. In my personal honest opinion, I believe that Winny will have to make a big play in the passing game to win this game. I do believe that the Raiders will be able to run the ball but there could be a time where a pass will be necessary to effect the outcome

If you can pass out of that formation yall can be dangerous. Just ask PG...lol

2 minutes ago, Cannon85 said:

If you can pass out of that formation yall can be dangerous. Just ask PG...lol

We really haven't had to pass that much this year and the few times we have it hasn't been the most effective. The Tatum game probably had the best pass plays of the season. Outside of that game, it hasn't been necessary