Winnsboro vs. Hooks

chevyman

2 minutes ago, chevyman said:

How much does Hooks seeing similar offenses factor into this game? Or does it just come down to who can execute better?

I think it helps, but execution is bigger factor. Yall seem to execute that offense very well, and that one back #8 or #9 (couldn't remember what number) is huge. 

6 minutes ago, Cannon85 said:

I think it helps, but execution is bigger factor. Yall seem to execute that offense very well, and that one back #8 or #9 (couldn't remember what number) is huge. 

We have really been able to move the ball against every opponent relatively speaking. Our two lowest scoring outputs have been vs. GW and Sabine and both were caused by good defense and some turnovers in inopportune times. Winny has found problems when they have had penalties that have put them behind the chains or negative plays. Other than that, I haven't seen a team consistently stop us. Yes #8. He had a monster game the other night 19 carries for 191 and 3 tds. Hard to fathom he didn't touch the ball once in the first half against WR

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chevyman said:

We have really been able to move the ball against every opponent relatively speaking. Our two lowest scoring outputs have been vs. GW and Sabine and both were caused by good defense and some turnovers in inopportune times. Winny has found problems when they have had penalties that have put them behind the chains or negative plays. Other than that, I haven't seen a team consistently stop us. Yes #8. He had a monster game the other night 19 carries for 191 and 3 tds. Hard to fathom he didn't touch the ball once in the first half against WR

Our defense is pretty decent except the jeffy game. The front 7 have been disciplined with these offenses, but you never know what can happen. One person trying to be a hero can cost ya a big play. 

I will be at this game,  I don't know anything about Winnie  except for they have a really good coach, hooks has a couple of athletic WR's that can go high point the ball  and a big offensive line ,  im going Winnie cause there coach runs that offense better than anybody hooks have seen ...but I expect a good game

14 minutes ago, Mudman246 said:

I will be at this game,  I don't know anything about Winnie  except for they have a really good coach, hooks has a couple of athletic WR's that can go high point the ball  and a big offensive line ,  im going Winnie cause there coach runs that offense better than anybody hooks have seen ...but I expect a good game

they run the same offense as HS. they are big but not very fast. I agree they have a heckova coach so that worries me. I think this will be a one possession game so hopefully we can play mistake free.

1 hour ago, Cannon85 said:

this thread has went silent...where did everyone go?

Still here. Just froze up today. I just really think it will come down to execution. Winnys ability to execute and be successful with their offense will help offset and negate the explosiveness of Hooks offense. If the Raiders don’t execute well or have penalties or turnovers that lead to empty possessions then i could see it getting away. Mineola went up 14-0 the other night but it didn’t seem that big of a deficit based on their inability to slow us down so i knew we could come back. If Hooks were to go up by 2 or more scores well that could create a problem especially if they are able to slow our offense down

3 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Still here. Just froze up today. I just really think it will come down to execution. Winnys ability to execute and be successful with their offense will help offset and negate the explosiveness of Hooks offense. If the Raiders don’t execute well or have penalties or turnovers that lead to empty possessions then i could see it getting away. Mineola went up 14-0 the other night but it didn’t seem that big of a deficit based on their inability to slow us down so i knew we could come back. If Hooks were to go up by 2 or more scores well that could create a problem especially if they are able to slow our offense down

no doubt it is cold. I think our D would be able to hold up on a 2 score lead, but the problem is getting to that. if yall execute the way you can it will be hard. I think it will come down to turnovers that will determine this game. how is yalls secondary?

22 minutes ago, Cannon85 said:

no doubt it is cold. I think our D would be able to hold up on a 2 score lead, but the problem is getting to that. if yall execute the way you can it will be hard. I think it will come down to turnovers that will determine this game. how is yalls secondary?

They’ve been good for the most part. Couple of breakdowns in the West Rusk game but other than that pretty well all year. A little undersized but that has not been an issue either. I think this will be a big test for them this week

16 hours ago, chevyman said:

Weather has definitely not been very conducive to good practice days. Lots to get prepared for with this Hooks offense 

gotta practice in that nasty cold weather to get use to it. don't want them running around with their hands in their pockets on Friday. sadly I have seen that in the past. talented teams that could go a long way, but would rather go play basketball...smdh

5 minutes ago, Cannon85 said:

gotta practice in that nasty cold weather to get use to it. don't want them running around with their hands in their pockets on Friday. sadly I have seen that in the past. talented teams that could go a long way, but would rather go play basketball...smdh

Yes that's exactly right, drove by yesterday and they were getting after it so im not worried. 

7 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Yes that's exactly right, drove by yesterday and they were getting after it so im not worried. 

I was watching them Hornets practice last night from the warmth of my house..lol. they seem ready but you never know til the whistle blows.

In the GW/Winnsboro game, granted it wasn’t the same GW team that’s playing now, but any time Winny went backwards on first down (penalties/ tackles for loss) the drives would stall. When they stayed ahead of the chains they were tough to stop. When they got forced into passing situations......... no comment 

• Like 1