6A DII Region II Bi-District: Temple at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (10-0) vs Temple Wildcats (8-2)  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Temple in a close one
    • Temple in a blow out

29 minutes ago, ANTI said:

we have also been informed that 12-6A is just as good as 11-6A. lol

That's the craziest statement of them all imo.

12-6A is no where near on the level 11-6A is. I don't know how that changed from Week 2 when non-district ended for district 12-6A and now, but wow.

I think this game is gonna come down to which offense is able to score more points, and which defense does a better job of preventing the other team from scoring. 

My fearless prediction is that Longview wins by at least 1 point. 

8 hours ago, ANTI said:

Just to be clear, you think Temple stays within 41 points of LV?

Sounds like you said you think LV wins by 14-21 a few posts back.

How many points will Temple supposedly be putting up on LV? I mean your whole argument has been that LP put up 21 on LV, and that Temple was so much better than LP. So I'm guessing you think Temple puts up about 35 points and we put up 49-56?

Temple is more then capable of scoring 35 on Longview defense. They have the line play to cause Longview some trouble up front. I don't think for one second Longview is about to stone wall that offense. Temple low output this year was 28 with 6 turnovers then 29 with another 6+ turnovers. If Temple doesn't go out there and turn it over they can turn it into a track meet. I still think Longview wins but I don't think they going to dog them like you're thinking. I also made a general observation that I saw Lufkin roll up nearly 400 yards of offense and they definitely have a better offense then Lufkin. Even though Longview has the upper hand this year. But when you see them next year at Jerry World to kick off the season please keep that same energy.

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

That's the craziest statement of them all imo.

12-6A is no where near on the level 11-6A is. I don't know how that changed from Week 2 when non-district ended for district 12-6A and now, but wow.

Dude 12-6A kinds #### outside you guys. I think 12-6A is slightly better but not by much. 

6 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Dude 12-6A kinds #### outside you guys. I think 12-6A is slightly better but not by much. 

11-6A?

Literally how do you come up with that? That's an honest question.

Everyone in our district improved this season (outside of probably us and North). Last season, we went 3-1 against y'all. This season, we didn't have a single team under .500 after non-district play except Mesquite Horn (who finished 1-3 against Allen, John Tyler, Cedar Hill and Arlington). Y'all's district as a whole won three non-district games...out of 9 teams, and one of those was over a team from freakin Mexico, another was over a team that finished 5-5 and missed the 5A D1 playoffs.

Longview is Longview. Rockwall is an excellent team, just missing a solid defense...though I think they have a good chance against Allen this year. Mesquite is underrated imo. McGill is a star. They could easily go to the 3rd or 4th round this season. And Tyler Lee is up and coming, and has a good chance to beat Midway imo.

7 hours ago, gtee2 said:

Temple is better than Lufkin sounds like what I'm reading...🤔

Gt you know I love my Pack but I gotta support my kid Friday night lol. He's just a freshman but in 3 more years this state ain't going to be able to do nothing with him at QB. Kid is game bread out here.  I promise you he is going to show up and play Friday night. 

Temple-vs.-Midway-431.jpg

3 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

11-6A?

Literally how do you come up with that? That's an honest question.

Everyone in our district improved this season (outside of probably us and North). Last season, we went 3-1 against y'all. This season, we didn't have a single team under .500 after non-district play except Mesquite Horn (who finished 1-3 against Allen, John Tyler, Cedar Hill and Arlington). Y'all's district as a whole won three non-district games...out of 9 teams, and one of those was over a team from freakin Mexico, another was over a team that finished 5-5 and missed the 5A D1 playoffs.

Longview is Longview. Rockwall is an excellent team, just missing a solid defense...though I think they have a good chance against Allen this year. Mesquite is underrated imo. McGill is a star. They could easily go to the 3rd or 4th round this season. And Tyler Lee is up and coming, and has a good chance to beat Midway imo.

You're on them good drugs right now. Tyler Lee not beating Midway and Rockwall not beating Allen. Tyler Lee is about as good as Nacogdoches and I've seen how much trouble Lee been giving 12-6A. Slight edge to 12-6A only because of Longview.

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

6 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Longview by 28.  Temple doesn't have the defensive numbers to stop Longivew at Lobo Stadium.  The Lobo D has proved over and over this year they can stop good offenses.  Just saying, coming into Lobo is a different world than a neutral site.

Temple going to be the best offense they have seen this year. They do them how they did Rockwall then I will be a believer. 

27 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

You're on them good drugs right now. Tyler Lee not beating Midway and Rockwall not beating Allen. Tyler Lee is about as good as Nacogdoches and I've seen how much trouble Lee been giving 12-6A. Slight edge to 12-6A only because of Longview.

Never said Rockwall was gonna beat em, I said they had a good chance.

And you clearly haven't seen Tyler Lee this year if you think they're about as good as Nacogdoches.

12-6A is the district y'all are in, my man. Goodness.

• LOL! 1

5 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Never said Rockwall was gonna beat em, I said they had a good chance.

And you clearly haven't seen Tyler Lee this year if you think they're about as good as Nacogdoches.

12-6A is the district y'all are in, my man. Goodness.

Let's see and you know I meant 11-6A

Tyler Lee 35 Nacogdoches 28 hmm that's interesting.

More interesting

Rockwall 35 Tyler Lee 32

Just now, Gametyme said:

Tyler Lee 35 Nacogdoches 28 hmm that's interesting.

Maybe Nac just got lucky in that one. Since ya know we can't count the Cedar Ridge and Midway losses like you said, cause those two teams just got lucky.

I'm not even saying Lee is a world beater lol. But to say Rockwall isn't a good team just based on the Lee score, which they still won, is insane. Lee isn't that good, but neither if Midway if they're over there losing to freakin Harker Heights.

3 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Maybe Nac just got lucky in that one. Since ya know we can't count the Cedar Ridge and Midway losses like you said, cause those two teams just got lucky.

Or maybe Tyler Lee and Rockwall are about equal to Nacogdoches ? I never said I didn't count the losses I just said 6+ turnovers will get you beat when you play a team with a pulse. Midway 5 turnovers vs Heights not surprised they lost that one but Heights did play West at QB vs Carter which had a little factor in it as well. All I'm saying Longview is the only team in either district that is head and shoulders above the rest. I just don't see the gap. May have to agree to disagree on this one. 

1 hour ago, Gametyme said:

Gt you know I love my Pack but I gotta support my kid Friday night lol. He's just a freshman but in 3 more years this state ain't going to be able to do nothing with him at QB. Kid is game bread out here.  I promise you he is going to show up and play Friday night. 

Temple-vs.-Midway-431.jpg

I got my eye on him 

And so this game is gonna leave a bad taste in one teams mouth until first game next year...gonna be crazy

6 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

I got my eye on him 

And so this game is gonna leave a bad taste in one teams mouth until first game next year...gonna be crazy

Yeah for sure let me know what you think he will be at FS Friday night.

Temple playing with house money lol. I just need them to play well and don't get embarrassed I'm not expecting a win just want to see these youngsters be competitive.

20 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

I got my eye on him 

How in the F did Temple already get squeezed on our schedule for next year is what the hell I want to know. John King is really pi$$ing me off with this BS. You'll schedule Temple who's well over 3 hours away for a home and home but you won't call North Shore for a home and home with the same distance give or take.

And, our fans wonder why we get called out for running away from LEGITIMATE competition from people all around the country. F'ing BS!!!!!! Ain't NO WAY IN THE HELL that TEMPLE should be on our schedule with the direction we are trying to go with this program. It just makes absolutely NO SENSE when you have Duncanville, DeSoto, Cedar Hill and Allen right down the road in the D/FW.

10 minutes ago, Quick said:

How in the F did Temple already get squeezed on our schedule for next year is what the hell I want to know. John King is really pi$$ing me off with this BS. You'll schedule Temple who's well over 3 hours away for a home and home but you won't call North Shore for a home and home with the same distance give or take.

And, our fans wonder why we get called out for running away from LEGITIMATE competition from people all around the country. F'ing BS!!!!!! Ain't NO WAY IN THE HELL that TEMPLE should be on our schedule with the direction we are trying to go with this program. It just makes absolutely NO SENSE when you have Duncanville, DeSoto, Cedar Hill and Allen right down the road in the D/FW.

It's not home and home. It's in Dallas at Jerry world and I been trying to tell you Temple has 2 of the best freshman in Texas and it's going to be a show case of talent also with Longview WR Hale. I can promise you NS doesn't have 1 kid in the 23 class that's going to be better then either one of these kids. The top kids in that class at QB will come from Temple, Duncanville,Klein and Katy 7 Lakes. Please keep that same energy next year when you see Temple.

Temple will return 9 kids on defense next year but MHP will move over to QB and break every record Temple ever had at QB and will be one of the top recruit's in America. When that game was put together it was because they're expecting Temple to take a big step forward. I'm just going to let the kid show you next year.

2 hours ago, Gametyme said:

But when you see them next year at Jerry World to kick off the season please keep that same energy.

Why?

2019 Longview is not 2020 Longview, although we will again have a good team next year too.