6A DII Region II Bi-District: Temple at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (10-0) vs Temple Wildcats (8-2)  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Temple in a close one
    • Temple in a blow out

11 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Why?

2019 Longview is not 2020 Longview, although we will again have a good team next year too.

It's just more of an ignorant statement by that guy that Temple is undeserving to play Longview next season. When in reality Temple is expected to be really good next season. Probably still a year away from winning a title but they will be really dangerous. When is the last time a Freshman has led a 6A team in tackles? #21 LB York is doing that right now. It may be one thing to do it in 2A and 3A but 6A is unheard of. 

2 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

The scores don't suggest that ? Or are we picking and choosing again ?

Oh we gonna play the 'scores' game? Fine, I'll play.

Midway beat Temple 52-28

5-5 Lake Ridge beat Midway 43-35

South Grand Prarie among others beat Lake Ridge.

Looks like SGP and Lake Ridge > Temple to me.

You see how dumb that sounds?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Just saying Nacogdoches nearly beat Tyler Lee and Lee almost beat Rockwall. Looks pretty even to me.

Lufkin almost lost to Magnolia, so clearly you're willing to put that $100 bet on that Longview would struggle with Magnolia as well, correct?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quick said:

How in the F did Temple already get squeezed on our schedule for next year is what the hell I want to know. John King is really pi$$ing me off with this BS. You'll schedule Temple who's well over 3 hours away for a home and home but you won't call North Shore for a home and home with the same distance give or take.

And, our fans wonder why we get called out for running away from LEGITIMATE competition from people all around the country. F'ing BS!!!!!! Ain't NO WAY IN THE HELL that TEMPLE should be on our schedule with the direction we are trying to go with this program. It just makes absolutely NO SENSE when you have Duncanville, DeSoto, Cedar Hill and Allen right down the road in the D/FW.

Calm down nancy.

Both programs were asked to be apart of the showcase by the UIL to celebrate the 100th anniversary.

• LOL! 2

20 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

It's just more of an ignorant statement by that guy that Temple is undeserving to play Longview next season. When in reality Temple is expected to be really good next season. Probably still a year away from winning a title but they will be really dangerous. When is the last time a Freshman has led a 6A team in tackles? #21 LB York is doing that right now. It may be one thing to do it in 2A and 3A but 6A is unheard of. 

Who said they were undeserving??? Yeah, that's what I thought. You won't find it because that wasn't what was said. You getting sh** twisted just for the hell of it.

We're trying to schedule elite competition always and for whatever reason King has gotten away from scheduling the elite of elites like we use to do when we were trying to become relevant on a national level.

Hell, a lot of people outside of Texas only recognize John Tyler when it comes to East Texas football based off of what they did 25 years ago against Plano East. I vividly remember those 11 straight A whoopings from Lufkin a few years ago. I ain't trying to see them anymore. Period! 

3 minutes ago, Quick said:

We should have declined it then. Can't accept every invitation. 

Oh that's crazy lol. It's a huge honor if we get an invitation like that.

Even so, the schedule isn't confirmed until February, so who knows for sure...other than King.

North Shore isn't going to accept a freakin home and home with us, and you're insane if you believe they would. Why on earth would they?

6 minutes ago, Quick said:

We should have declined it then. Can't accept every invitation. 

Nah, this is a pretty prestigious event.

The most storied big school programs in Texas will be there bro, big honor for sure. 

Plus I think Temple will get better in the coming years. But THIS year? It is a big mismatch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Oh that's crazy lol. It's a huge honor if we get an invitation like that.

Even so, the schedule isn't confirmed until February, so who knows for sure...other than King.

North Shore isn't going to accept a freakin home and home with us, and you're insane if you believe they would. Why on earth would they?

You tell me. Why wouldn't they? Nevermind. I know you can come up with a plethora of reasons why they wouldn't. I forgot who I was talking to. Anyway, North Shore isn't the end all. Like I said, we have a few powerhouse programs right down I-20 that we can schedule.

Hell, I would like to get my revenge on Coppell for starters. We need to schedule schools who are going to test every ounce of our depth chart early and often. That's how you discover the Braylynn Anthony's and Jalen Carr's before the 4th and 5th game of their senior year. Who knows what we have in our arsenal if you never get to use it.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Quick said:

Who said they were undeserving??? Yeah, that's what I thought. You won't find it because that wasn't what was said. You getting sh** twisted just for the hell of it.

We're trying to schedule elite competition always and for whatever reason King has gotten away from scheduling the elite of elites like we use to do when we were trying to become relevant on a national level.

Hell, a lot of people outside of Texas only recognize John Tyler when it comes to East Texas football based off of what they did 25 years ago against Plano East. I vividly remember those 11 straight A whoopings from Lufkin a few years ago. I ain't trying to see them anymore. Period! 

You definitely implied that Temple is undeserving to play Longview but in reality next season Temple probably going to have the upper hand. You know how logistically stupid it would be for Northshore to go to Longview when they can save the trip and play same level competition vs Katy and save the trip. Longview just won a title without having to do that. We know how good our teams are in East Texas and who TF cares what people outside of Texas think. They only know about juiced up recruited up teams. Not even real HS football.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, ANTI said:

The most storied big school programs in Texas will be there bro, big honor for sure. 

Plus I think Temple will get better in the coming years. But THIS year? It is a big mismatch.

Explain to me again WHO this event is being sponsored by and what is it called again???

2 minutes ago, Quick said:

You tell me. Why wouldn't they? Nevermind. I know you can come up with a plethora of reasons why they wouldn't. I forgot who I was talking to. Anyway, North Shore isn't the end all. Like I said, we have a few powerhouse programs right down I-20 that we can schedule.

Hell, I would like to get my revenge on Coppell for starters. We need to schedule schools who are going to test every ounce of our depth chart early and often. That's how you discover the Braylynn Anthony's and Jalen Carr's before the 4th and 5th game of their senior year. Who knows what we have in our arsenal if you never get to use it.

Coppell is 4-6 and hadn't been much in the last decade. What have you been watching smh

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ANTI said:

In 2 years Temple going to be able to play with anybody in Texas including the heavy hitters. 

1 minute ago, Gametyme said:

You definitely implied that Temple is undeserving to play Longview but in reality next season Temple probably going to have the upper hand. You know how logistically stupid it would be for Northshore to go to Longview when they can save the trip and play same level competition vs Katy and save the trip. Longview just won a title without having to do that. We know how good our teams are in East Texas and who TF cares what people outside of Texas think. They only know about juiced up recruited up teams. Not even real HS football.

Hey. I got to give you credit about the outsiders and recruiters. So, let me get this straight. Was it LOGISTICALLY stupid when y'all played West Monroe in Shreveport, Louisiana???

And, again. I didn't imply jack squat about Temple being undeserving! I just said, I wanted to play TOP NOTCH ELITE level competition and I can promise you that the TEMPLE WILDCATS ain't the first team that comes to mind we I say traditionally POWERHOUSE programs. I ain't talking about what they MIGHT do next year or in 2028. I am talking about WHO you are as a program RIGHT NOW. I want the BEST. PERIOD. POINT BLANK.

16 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Coppell is 4-6 and hadn't been much in the last decade. What have you been watching smh

Well, people said the same things about them back then and we lost to them two years straight in the Tom Landry Classic. And, to be honest they never have been relevant but, they stepped up when it was time to play us and came out victorious both years. I just want my revenge back is all I am saying. I could give a damn about their record as of now. Just like I have been wanting my revenge against Katy since '97. Dont look like it's ever going to happen. But, anyway. I STILL want Temple OFF the schedule.

16 minutes ago, Quick said:

...you say this right after saying freakin COPPELL? The same Coppell who just finished 4-6 and missed the playoffs?

Man, you are out of your mind.

Did Waco test you when you were on that 1997 team? How about Bryan?

You want every single game to be against the absolute top of the 6A ladder. That's not how it works. And yea I would give you a plethora of reasons why North Shore wouldn't come up here. The main reason is, they don't freakin have to. They have Katy, and Atasocita and Westfield and whomever else they want right there in their own back yard. Just like Southlake, Cedar Hill, Trinity etc etc etc.

Over here complaining about us being invited into a historic showcase, one that hopefully comes to fruition, yet wanting us to schedule a team that can't even make the post season in a district with Irving ISD. I can't.....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Quick said:

Hey. I got to give you credit about the outsiders and recruiters. So, let me get this straight. Was it LOGISTICALLY stupid when y'all played West Monroe in Shreveport, Louisiana???

And, again. I didn't imply jack squat about Temple being undeserving! I just said, I wanted to play TOP NOTCH ELITE level competition and I can promise you that the TEMPLE WILDCATS ain't the first team that comes to mind we I say traditionally POWERHOUSE programs. I ain't talking about what they MIGHT do next year or in 2028. I am talking about WHO you are as a program RIGHT NOW. I want the BEST. PERIOD. POINT BLANK.

So you're comparing where Lufkin is geographically vs Northshore and the surrounding teams in the respective areas ? Let's break it down Barney style for you. Northshore and Katy 30 minutes for a game. Northshore to Longview nearly 4 hours ? Makes 0 sense for them. Lufkin to Shreveport to play WM is an HR and a half. No comparison.

2 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

So you're comparing where Lufkin is geographically vs Northshore and the surrounding teams in the respective areas ? Let's break it down Barney style for you. Northshore and Katy 30 minutes for a game. Northshore to Longview nearly 4 hours ? Makes 0 sense for them. Lufkin to Shreveport to play WM is an HR and a half. No comparison.

Oh, so did Katy not ever come to Abe Martin back when Outlaw was the head coach??? Tell me how many hours that is or do I need to get a snapshot of google maps with the Mileage and duration of that trip???

5 minutes ago, Quick said:

Well, people said the same things about them back then and we lost to them two years straight in the Tom Landry Classic. And, to be honest they never have been relevant but, they stepped up when it was time to play us and came out victorious both years. I just want my revenge back is all I am saying. I could give a damn about their record as of now. Just like I have been wanting my revenge against Katy since '97. Dont look like it's ever going to happen. But, anyway. I STILL want Temple OFF the schedule.

Huh Coppell was legit back then. You making 0 sense. You got a chance to play a team with some of the best up and coming talent and you want a 4-6 team that hadn't been relevant in a decade ?