6A DII Region II Bi-District: Temple at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (10-0) vs Temple Wildcats (8-2)  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Temple in a close one
    • Temple in a blow out

6 minutes ago, Quick said:

Oh, so did Katy not ever come to Abe Martin back when Outlaw was the head coach??? Tell me how many hours that is or do I need to get a snapshot of google maps with the Mileage and duration of that trip???

Not nearly as far as NS would have to go to get to Longview and you see Katy hadn't been back since. We also got NS to come Lufkin it took a freaking Hurricane though. Longview doesn't need those teams to justify their program. 

23 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Huh Coppell was legit back then. You making 0 sense. You got a chance to play a team with some of the best up and coming talent and you want a 4-6 team that hadn't been relevant in a decade ?

You ain't heard/seen me type jack sh** about Coppell EVER being Legit. Go sit down somewhere. 

• Stinks 1

35 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Not nearly as far as NS would have to go to get to Longview and you see Katy hadn't been back since. We also got NS to come Lufkin it took a freaking Hurricane though. Longview doesn't need those teams to justify their program. 

Why an I arguing with YOUR ### about MY program!!!??? 

• Stinks 1

18 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Katy ain't been back because they got their teeth kicked in. They'll use the distance as an excuse but, make no mistake you know like I know that they ain't hurting for money. They travel where they WANT to. Same thing goes for North Shore.

• Stinks 2

11 minutes ago, Quick said:

Katy ain't been back because they got their teeth kicked in.

Katy has had one single game outside of the Houston area in non-district play since 2003. It was in Waco. One year. That's it.

They don't have to travel, they get good enough competition in Houston.

Gametyme, I have the up most respect for you as a poster man, and I agree with you a lot, but this my man I feel like you couldn’t be more wrong and kinda feel your really just being a homer  and for good reason as you’ve stated your step son is on varsity and will be playing Friday. I’ve seen a little of the offense line  and from what I see in talent and size isn’t anyting we haven’t seen over and over last and this year. I just feel like Willis will be runing for his life all night like the rest that come before us. No secret as the state knows this front seven is one of a kind and you can say this and that, but I feel them boys will be intimated enough just from the Venue and environment they have to travel over 4 hours to play. King and the offense will bring the Temple d freshman to seniors back to reality fast. Deep down inside you and the team knows there most likely in for a embarrassing beating come Friday. Temple is on the up and up, next year should be a fun one! My prediction and I’ll come back and eat my crow if horrible off, Longview 49 - Temple 17

20 minutes ago, Wolfpac07 said:

Gametyme, I have the up most respect for you as a poster man, and I agree with you a lot, but this my man I feel like you couldn’t be more wrong and kinda feel your really just being a homer  and for good reason as you’ve stated your step son is on varsity and will be playing Friday. I’ve seen a little of the offense line  and from what I see in talent and size isn’t anyting we haven’t seen over and over last and this year. I just feel like Willis will be runing for his life all night like the rest that come before us. No secret as the state knows this front seven is one of a kind and you can say this and that, but I feel them boys will be intimated enough just from the Venue and environment they have to travel over 4 hours to play. King and the offense will bring the Temple d freshman to seniors back to reality fast. Deep down inside you and the team knows there most likely in for a embarrassing beating come Friday. Temple is on the up and up, next year should be a fun one! My prediction and I’ll come back and eat my crow if horrible off, Longview 49 - Temple 17

I got you man. I know exactly what they're up against. I do really believe they have the talent offensively to cause your Lobos some trouble if the blocking holds up and they execute. Will it happen ? I don't know but they're certainly more then capable offensively. I'll be honest. Defensively I'm not sure what they can do to stop Longview outside of the Lobos shooting themselves in the foot. I definitely need a little lady luck. I don't think Temple will win but I do think they can have a good account for themselves in they get off the bus believing in each other. I'll be the first one to root the Lobos on after this week but for right now Go Cats lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wolfpac07 said:

Also their quarterback Willis, isn’t he just now coming back from a knee injury?  Our Lbs  especially Taylor will eat that up! 

Yeah but I'm telling you he doesn't look like much but he can run. It wasn't a serious injury but no doubt he's probably not 100%. I'm more worried about him throwing then his mobility. He has to be able to get Johnston the ball. Totally different body type at WR then Nijiba-Smith. I think Longview will definitely have to alter the coverage to make sure he's doubled at all times. He is big and physical and if they have one thing in their favor it is him. Im really hopping Temple can establish the run not holding my breathe on that one lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Katy has had one single game outside of the Houston area in non-district play since 2003. It was in Waco. One year. That's it.

Your boy comes off a little remedial. 

• LOL! 1

8 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Game will be on TexanLive.

Oh wow. I'll have to talk with my son but I may stay home and watch it if he gives me his blessing lol. I've been on the road just about every weekend this year either watching him or coaching my 8U travel football team. Talk about a nightmare. I would show these kids how to line up all week and every week and like clock work on gameday they are all over the place. Literally having to call timeouts just to put them kids in place lmao.

9 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Katy, came to Rose stadium to play John Tyler back in 2001 if I am not mistaken and got the brakes beat off of them. You were probably around 11 or 12 years old when that happened. 

7 hours ago, Gametyme said:

Your boy comes off a little remedial. 

You know what!? You were right all along. I don't know what in the hell my problem is. I have proposed my own theoretical non-district slate for my Longview Lobos LOGISTICALLY, you know. I mean, as you stated before we have quality teams around here in our own backyard. So let's see:

Union Grove @ Longview 

Longview @ Harmony

Elysian Fields @ Longview

Beckville @ Longview 

Longview @ Liberty-Eylau *(GOTW)*

Now, you might want to circle your calendar for that Liberty-Eylau game. That's sure to be a slobber-knocker right there. I'm unsure on how we'd fare out in this one, it's a toss up in my opinion. GameTyme, man you're alright! This LOGISTICS thing works out pretty well.

What the hell was I thinking trying to schedule a team four hours away!!!??? I mean, that would be like Tyler Lee arranging a game against Colerain out of Cincinnati, Ohio or Miami Northwestern arranging a game against Southlake or even Longview going out to West Texas to play Midland Lee. I mean, when I think about it. It's just plain laughable or as you put it, remedial. By the way, I drink Coors-Light ice cold and damn near frozen.

• LOL! 2
  • Stinks 1

2 hours ago, Quick said:

Katy, came to Rose stadium to play John Tyler back in 2001 if I am not mistaken and got the brakes beat off of them. You were probably around 11 or 12 years old when that happened. 

Before 2003.

Completely different coaching staff.

Current has played 1 game outside of Houston, as I said.

10 hours ago, Wolfpac07 said:

Their defense is their Downfall but man I hope everybody is ready for what’s coming....these guys aren’t punks...they can score like nobody’s business...I am looking forward to seeing our D against something we haven’t faced all season...a complete offense with talent at QB, RB, WR, and the oline...throw in the multiple sets they use...will be a big challenge for us...we have to get on top early and not take our foot off the gas.....remember Tascosa guys...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Quick said:

You know what!? You were right all along. I don't know what in the hell my problem is. I have proposed my own theoretical non-district slate for my Longview Lobos LOGISTICALLY, you know. I mean, as you stated before we have quality teams around here in our own backyard. So let's see:

Union Grove @ Longview 

Longview @ Harmony

Elysian Fields @ Longview

Beckville @ Longview 

Longview @ Liberty-Eylau *(GOTW)*

Now, you might want to circle your calendar for that Liberty-Eylau game. That's sure to be a slobber-knocker right there. I'm unsure on how we'd fare out in this one, it's a toss up in my opinion. GameTyme, man you're alright! This LOGISTICS thing works out pretty well.

What the hell was I thinking trying to schedule a team four hours away!!!??? I mean, that would be like Tyler Lee arranging a game against Colerain out of Cincinnati, Ohio or Miami Northwestern arranging a game against Southlake or even Longview going out to West Texas to play Midland Lee. I mean, when I think about it. It's just plain laughable or as you put it, remedial. By the way, I drink Coors-Light ice cold and damn near frozen.

Lol smh. The Logistics was from Northshore point of view. You guys just had WM on the schedule. They got way more tradition and history then Northshore. I understand where you're coming from. As a fan you want to see those types of match-ups but also have to realize the metroplex and GHA can find equal competition without having to go out of the way. Then some school districts don't even allow it. You have brought up Katy leaving Houston that was nearly 20 years ago. John King and Longview don't need those programs to be considered great. Personally would love to see these match-ups too for Lufkin.

1 hour ago, kingwolf said:

Their defense is their Downfall but man I hope everybody is ready for what’s coming....these guys aren’t punks...they can score like nobody’s business...I am looking forward to seeing our D against something we haven’t faced all season...a complete offense with talent at QB, RB, WR, and the oline...throw in the multiple sets they use...will be a big challenge for us...we have to get on top early and not take our foot off the gas.....remember Tascosa guys...

Wonder how big of a factor the weather is going to play. Going to be real cold Friday night. Texanslive looking more likely by the second.