6A DII Region II Bi-District: Temple at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (10-0) vs Temple Wildcats (8-2)  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Temple in a close one
    • Temple in a blow out

6 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Wonder how big of a factor the weather is going to play. Going to be real cold Friday night. Texanslive looking more likely by the second. 

I love my Pack. But i wish we were on Texanlive this week too 🤣

I’m A summer baby. I don’t fool with this weather..

14 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

You wouldn't miss that game even if they were lol.

I'm glad we've had to experience the last couple of weeks, including the rain game, just to get prepared for it.

Long as there's no wind, I'll be fine.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I’m A summer baby. I don’t fool with this weather..

I thought about watching on my phone while I was at the Lufkin game but I don't need to fight that kind of cold for a bi district. I'll have Big Nasty blasting threw my Alexa Dot while I watch Temple in the comfy confines while I have my diamond swisher's  at arm's length away.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

3 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I'm glad we've had to experience the last couple of weeks, including the rain game, just to get prepared for it.

007 would have his feet kicked back without a care in the world if it was on Texanslive. Freaking fair weather fan.

• LOL! 2

5 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I’m expecting wind. But nothing could get me prepared for the 30’s. I can’t remember it being this cold last year or the year before 

34 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Wonder how big of a factor the weather is going to play. Going to be real cold Friday night. Texanslive looking more likely by the second. 

I am not worried about the cold that much...hope we don’t have a big wind or other type weather...want a clean game

3 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

@Gametyme so Temple O better than Rockwall O? Or LP's O?

Thing I heard someone from Longview tell me yesterday is that it is similar to both but they have an added QB who can run and is hard to bring down...so you have to add that threat to your defensive plan...it will spread is out more than we have been...it’s just a different challenge....was told the best comparison for this type of wide open offense is McKinney North....so if our defense dominates Temple (without a bunch of turnovers) then man...watch out

9 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

Thing I heard someone from Longview tell me yesterday is that it is similar to both but they have an added QB who can run and is hard to bring down...so you have to add that threat to your defensive plan...it will spread is out more than we have been...it’s just a different challenge....was told the best comparison for this type of wide open offense is McKinney North....so if our defense dominates Temple (without a bunch of turnovers) then man...watch out

So we looking at a 2016 Lake Ridge type of team...

8 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

@Gametyme so Temple O better than Rockwall O? Or LP's O?

I really hadn't seen Rockwall offense outside highlights. I was definitely talking out the a$$ but they're definitely better then Lufkin's mainly because our offensive line is the worst I'm guessing since the 92 Panthers. I love Polk but he's not quite Quienten Johnston at WR. Temple a little deeper in the backfield. Now Jordan Moore is better then Vance Willis. He can't run like Vance but he's definitely better overall. When I saw Rockwall with only 35 on Tyler Lee it definitely makes me think Temple might be better. Nacogdoches had 28 on that same defense. But you know how that is projecting numbers vs common opponent's.

1 minute ago, gtee2 said:

He can run like Duffey for sure. I'm telling you he's a lot faster then he looks. Not saying he's as good because he's not but he can go in open field. Hard to explain. Just looking at him you're like no way then he starts going and he's just pulling away from defenders. He has to be a legitimate 4.4 kid. With that said. I've seen him make some of the worst decisions throwing the ball. Doesn't have a big arm at all.

23 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

Yeah pretty similar to McKinney North as far as the spread with H-back and what not. I hadn't thought about it until you said it but from what MN did last season vs Lufkin offensively pretty much same type of offense. You must have a really good source because that is a really good comparison. Must be a coach lol.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

I think that would be somewhat too high but they have the ability to score from anywhere on the field...and Willis is no where near the passer that Duffey was...the biggest threat to them other than youth and turnovers is that you can force Willis into bad decisions...that’s were I think our defense will make the difference

14 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

I really hadn't seen Rockwall offense outside highlights. I was definitely talking out the a$$ but they're definitely better then Lufkin's mainly because our offensive line is the worst I'm guessing since the 92 Panthers. 

I've been to several LP games this year and I certainly have never seen a LP OL this bad. 

It's a good sized OL but my goodness, they are slow footed and have very little overall technique. Waller should not have been in the backfield as much as they were Friday night.

Jordan Moore is something else cause he's able to extend plays and make something out of nothing. But you can't make a big post season run without being strong in the trenches.

Good luck to LP the rest of the way.

7 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Yeah pretty similar to McKinney North as far as the spread with H-back and what not. I hadn't thought about it until you said it but from what MN did last season vs Lufkin offensively pretty much same type of offense. You must have a really good source because that is a really good comparison. Must be a coach lol.

Since I have already opened my mouth...I’ll take it a bit further...when we usually face Dallas teams like McKinney north they usually can’t handle our speed and physical play...Temple can mostly match our speed and is not afraid to get physical....the more I read and see video, the more I think our defense is going to be tested....

for the record, I still don’t think they have a better offense than Rockwall or Lufkin...they do have more weapons and oline than Lufkin by far...it’s the QB play that is the difference to me watching all 3...

for this game, the reason I am so high on Temple being in this game is matchups...they have the ability to change their scheme like we do to adjust to defensive fronts...we can’t let that big oline get in a rythym...if we double their big WR the rest are more than capable of getting open and taking it to the house...we may have to play a lot of man to account for everything on the field....problem for them is that I fully expect our offense to put up 40+...and if we get a good lead, they won’t be able to stop us enough to get the ball back...

9 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I've been to several LP games this year and I certainly have never seen a LP OL this bad. 

It's a good sized OL but my goodness, they are slow footed and have very little overall technique. Waller should not have been in the backfield as much as they were Friday night.

Jordan Moore is something else cause he's able to extend plays and make something out of nothing. But you can't make a big post season run without being strong in the trenches.

Completely agree with this...heard they brought a few players up from JV that are making positive strides in the oline...also saw where they are using a TE that can help and get into the pattern...

if that oline can hold up, I still pick Lufkin to win it....esp with Berry being healthy

8 minutes ago, ANTI said:

100% agree. Getting stoned wall by Waller was depressing. Our LT now literally no BS is probably 170 pounds tops. Just going to enjoy whatever run we have in us. Yeah without Moore we probably loose to CS and Magnolia. I would almost scrap the run game all together and go full blown Washington St. Pass blocking ain't great but it's definitely better then our run blocking.

5 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

Since I have already opened my mouth...I’ll take it a bit further...when we usually face Dallas teams like McKinney north they usually can’t handle our speed and physical play...Temple can mostly match our speed and is not afraid to get physical....the more I read and see video, the more I think our defense is going to be tested....

for the record, I still don’t think they have a better offense than Rockwall or Lufkin...they do have more weapons and oline than Lufkin by far...it’s the QB play that is the difference to me watching all 3...

for this game, the reason I am so high on Temple being in this game is matchups...they have the ability to change their scheme like we do to adjust to defensive fronts...we can’t let that big oline get in a rythym...if we double their big WR the rest are more than capable of getting open and taking it to the house...we may have to play a lot of man to account for everything on the field....problem for them is that I fully expect our offense to put up 40+...and if we get a good lead, they won’t be able to stop us enough to get the ball back...

I agree. I don't know how Temple can hold you under 40 at this point outside of the Temple offense establishing a running game and controlling the clock which I don't think they will be able to do consistent enough Friday. The may be able to get a couple of quick strikes because they do have some weapons. Defensively I've been telling my guy to watch that dang TE on that PA and the boot leg. Think about it though. These youngsters on defense won't see anything like this Longview team the rest of their HS careers. Going to be good for experience. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ANTI said:

They were doing better against West, Tomball and CC. But you also gotta look at the competition, but then again Waller isn’t a powerhouse. So i honestly don’t know anymore. Everyone says the same about the technique and overall skill set, but most are big boys. So it’s sad to see. They should be dominating. 

Just going to enjoy the moment and hope for the best. I just hate Polk isn’t there to help Moore out when he has to scramble. That was his go to receiver when things broke down with the line

3 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

I agree. I don't know how Temple can hold you under 40 at this point outside of the Temple offense establishing a running game and controlling the clock which I don't think they will be able to do consistent enough Friday. The may be able to get a couple of quick strikes because they do have some weapons. Defensively I've been telling my guy to watch that dang TE on that PA and the boot leg. Think about it though. These youngsters on defense won't see anything like this Longview team the rest of their HS careers. Going to be good for experience. 

I would say next year, but HK will be gone

Just now, Pack007 said:

I would say next year, but HK will be gone

Temple is for sure to go 6A next year. And as much as I know Brook is high on his Wildcats the next two years, there's going to be some extremely good teams they will have to face if they do hope to get to state.

We're not the team we were last year, that Temple avoided. But we're still a very good team. That said, I think Vandy is about to take over Region II, if they stay there. They have some extremely, extremely impressive squads coming up.

13 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

Completely agree with this...heard they brought a few players up from JV that are making positive strides in the oline...also saw where they are using a TE that can help and get into the pattern...

if that oline can hold up, I still pick Lufkin to win it....esp with Berry being healthy

Yeah, #48 is a big TE for them. Trying to be like us lol all kidding...

But they use him differently than we use our TE's. He's more like a big body lined up in the slot...which we do as well but ours are a little more traditional.

He'll be a key piece for them moving forward. Only a JR.