6A DII Region II Bi-District: Temple at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (10-0) vs Temple Wildcats (8-2)  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Temple in a close one
    • Temple in a blow out

4 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

Well my score prediction was based off of what I saw with Cove last year coming in to Lobo...they were horrendously bad. And Lobos had a juggernaut offense...

They not nearly that bad. Cove hasn't been good in a while. They have a decent freshman class coming up with the 2nd best QB in the area in that 23 class. Wouldn't be surprised if the dad moves him out to Ellison because of the style of offense Cove is running.

Man who in the heck voted Temple in a blowout 🤔

• LOL! 3

I'm ready for my official predictions but I wanna add a little caveat. I'll do 3 predictions. 1 on what I actually think is likely to happen. 2 worst case scenario 3 If the upset happens

1. Longview 42 Temple 24

2.Longview 56 Temple 14

3. Temple 45 Longview 42

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

6A still splits post regular season, so you can have the top 2 teams in one division, while the bottom two go another. That's what happened here. Temple technically won a share of the district title, but they lost to Midway, so for seeding purposes they are #2.

I had forgotten 6a splits like that. Do you personally like that better or knowing at the start of the season.

48 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

I had forgotten 6a splits like that. Do you personally like that better or knowing at the start of the season.

Meh. I like both, but it'll be nice to know everything before the season with the Lobos dropping next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gametyme said:

Looks really good. Especially that last jump ball both feet down. Is he still 14 ? He just might be the best to come through Longview at that position. Dorian was good and Malcolm was too but he looks way a head of them at that point. 

Kamden Perry is by far the best WR that has touched the field at LV. By far.

Now Jalen Hale has a very high ceiling. Could be the be the best overall Longview athlete since Bobby Taylor.

He's equally as good or better on the basketball court. Played in some pretty big time AAU/summer hoops over the past few years.

His brothers are 2021 defensive ballers and pops still has his spot on the UIL track records list. Good bloodlines.

4 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Nothing to worry about my friend.

They have a good team, but we have one as well.

Just enjoy the journey! This 26-game winning streak is something I never thought we'd see at Longview. Couldn't be happier to be a Lobo right now.

If the worst happens Friday, well I'm sure we'll have a lot of words to say following it. But not gonna worry about them until Friday game time. Our boys will be ready to play, and I know that.

Man you have been my voice of reason lately lol...definitely enjoying the ride...will probably not see this again...

for Friday, I fully expect us to win...with all things equal, we win by 2 scores...we just can’t come out flat...I am thinking 45-21 with great defensive play or 45-32 with a few missed assignments....

And if those boys are head hunting....man.....

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Kamden Perry is by far the best WR that has touched the field at LV. By far.

Now Jalen Hale has a very high ceiling. Could be the be the best overall Longview athlete since Bobby Taylor.

He's equally as good or better on the basketball court. Played in some pretty big time AAU/summer hoops over the past few years.

His brothers are 2021 defensive ballers and pops still has his spot on the UIL track records list. Good bloodlines.

Multiple sports is the way to go !!! 

3 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

And if those boys are head hunting....man.....

If we play a clean game on offense (no inexplicable drops or penalties) I can see us boat racing 'em. That's the main x-factor for me: can we avoid beating ourselves. 

Defensively...  meh I'm not worried. Oh sure, I think Temple will look pretty good early on, make a game of it, but we'll wear them out down the stretch. I just can't see them taking four quarters of punishment and still be in the game by the end. 

The end result will come down to how clean our offense plays. 

• Like 1

Okay so after skimming this thread, what I understand is....

Spring Hill scored a lot of points in week 1. Because of that, Lufkin fans are mad at Quick (the poster- FrankLucas/TobinFrost… not their coach) because Katy hasn't played a game outside of Houston since 2003. Therefore, North Shore will drop several passes and beat themselves, causing Longview to win at home against Temple, but they won't be dominating in doing so, meaning Haynes King will be gone next season and AKA is mad as Hell that Baylor is gonna beat OU. 

Did I get all that right? 

• LOL! 5

28 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Okay so after skimming this thread, what I understand is....

Spring Hill scored a lot of points in week 1. Because of that, Lufkin fans are mad at Quick (the poster- FrankLucas/TobinFrost… not their coach) because Katy hasn't played a game outside of Houston since 2003. Therefore, North Shore will drop several passes and beat themselves, causing Longview to win at home against Temple, but they won't be dominating in doing so, meaning Haynes King will be gone next season and AKA is mad as Hell that Baylor is gonna beat OU. 

Did I get all that right? 

Sums it up well I say.

• Like 2

On 11/8/2019 at 11:44 PM, LoboFan07 said:

Post game show with head coach John King following Longview's 49-14 win over Mesquite...

https://www.lobohistory.com/gamelogs/audio/mesquite11082019postgame.mp3

Audio highlights of Longview's 49-14 victory over the Skeeters...

https://www.lobohistory.com/gamelogs/audio/mesquite11082019.mp3

2 hours ago, Gametyme said:

Multiple sports is the way to go !!! 

He's better in hoops...but yea ifvyou know Bobby Taylor history at Longview...he's taking that route. I believe he will be the best athlete in football basketball and track by the end of his sophomore year. He will go varsity everythg this year which is mind blowing

15 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

He's better in hoops...but yea ifvyou know Bobby Taylor history at Longview...he's taking that route. I believe he will be the best athlete in football basketball and track by the end of his sophomore year. He will go varsity everythg this year which is mind blowing

Yeah I forgot to add that, varsity everything and will definitely start on varsity bball.

46 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

That's awesome. Bobby Taylor a little before my time but I have heard about him. Hoping for some freshman on freshman action Friday night. Kids may end up being teammates one day 

1 hour ago, Gametyme said:

That's awesome. Bobby Taylor a little before my time but I have heard about him. Hoping for some freshman on freshman action Friday night. Kids may end up being teammates one day 

Yea I'ma keep up with your kid for the next 3 years. Just don't eva eva eva eva eva eva eva...let him dawn that putrid purple and hyena yellow...😄😃😀

• LOL! 2

4 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

Yea I'ma keep up with your kid for the next 3 years. Just don't eva eva eva eva eva eva eva...let him dawn that putrid purple and hyena yellow...😄😃😀

Btw... Hale, Phil Wash, Haynes, Malik Henry. Lobo basketball should be decent this year eh?

Still think its real hard to keep up with the big city when it comes to basketball but, should be the best Lobo basketball team in a min.

20 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

I'm not sure if that's a shot at LSU or Lufkin lol. 

You know kids like to ride the wave these days. I think he's eyeing Alabama. He will definitely be good enough to play there if he wants one day but I'm hoping he has a change of heart for my Longhorns. Honestly I'll be ok as long as it's no Aggie or Sooner. Maybe we can get Hale on the 40 acres one day lol Hook Em 🤘

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Btw... Hale, Phil Wash, Haynes, Malik Henry. Lobo basketball should be decent this year eh?

Still think its real hard to keep up with the big city when it comes to basketball but, should be the best Lobo basketball team in a min.

It's really hard competing against the big cities. Jordan Moore is a heck of a hooper. Lufkin should fare ok being in 5A. They had a really good season last year.

Btw I called Haynes being a FBS QB when I saw him at SFA his sophomore year by just watching him in warm-ups. Then confirmed it with his play that day. He had the measurable's and the arm talent. I didn't think he would reach #1 dual threat status but not surprised but certainly knew he would play power 5 somewhere.

It's ashame Jordan Moore doesn't have any offers right now. I have an idea why but I'll keep it to myself. He's power 5 material.