Guest Tiger03lb

Who you got?   

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Commerce
    • Malakoff

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, GoodFellas said:

Yawn. Like I said in a different post, only first and second should get into the playoffs.

Why is that? Just curious to hear your take on it, other than it would be a one sided game. Take district 7 they got 5 teams that could take on anyone. Our 3rd and 4th place teams in district 6 last year beat out 1st and 2nd in district 5. Anything can happen. Some teams just have more talent than most but anything can happen in the playoffs. Everyone is 0-0. 

4 hours ago, GoodFellas said:

Yawn. Like I said in a different post, only first and second should get into the playoffs.

Honestly in a lot of ways I agree, I like to call it the “no team left behind” rule lol. The fact that anything can happen with some great teams who wouldn’t even make the playoffs is the only reason I sorta like it.

• Like 1

Cedar Hill was a 4th place team about 7 or 8 years ago, got hot and won state.  So you never know.  I always see a lot of complaining about 4th place teams making it in the playoffs.  It allows a community to have some sort of pride at the end of the season.  Yes, they are not going to win it all for the most part, but they get an extra week of practice or two for their young guys.  I see nothing wrong with it.  

19 hours ago, GoodFellas said:

I'll never forget Winona @JETT upsetting Dfield in the first round as the 4 and making a nice run. Almost did it to ND the next year. Its the playoffs anything can happen. Also taking 4 makes sure weak districts aren't rewarded and good districts aren't  left out. 

2 hours ago, mrclean69 said:

I'll never forget Winona @JETT upsetting Dfield in the first round as the 4 and making a nice run. Almost did it to ND the next year. Its the playoffs anything can happen. Also taking 4 makes sure weak districts aren't rewarded and good districts aren't  left out. 

Ahh the good ole days lol, that was a helluva ride that season 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrclean69 said:

We were 4th place last year as well and beat D9 district champs, so the whole point is leave the 4rh place teams alone and let us work lol... were 4th AGAIN  this year and going to knock off D9 champs again 

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb

35-3 half 

We have scored on each possession and defense had a td. Made 2 turnovers. Commerce did a clock eating drive mid 2nd qtr got to the 3 and stop them as time expired.