🔥 Impact the Chad Morris firing has on high school ball?

justafan

5 hours ago, gtee2 said:

Yea I saw where he is only 51😯...damn coaching will eat you alive!! Much respect to coaches man! I would love to do it but I DO NOT... have to tolerance for parents and disrespectful kids

Can’t believe he is only 51. So him and Surratt are the same age? I think Surratt is 50. Crazy. King got an early start as a HC at a big time program. I didn’t realize that.

16 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Wonder where he and his staff go? Saw where he was relieved of duties, wonder which 6A schools try to entice him back to high school ball? Maybe Mr Traylor comes back to east tx? Just my mind wondering what happens with those coaches going forward.. 

The fact that they chose a pre-Morris asst to lead the program for the rest of the season certainly means they want nothing to do with anybody Morris brought in.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

No disrespect to Coach King but damn I would’ve never guessed he was 51. Pressures of being the head man at a big time program must me extreme. Holy cow I hope he gets frequent check ups. Honestly I thought he was way past retirement age just coaching caused he loved it which I’m sure he does. 

Coach John King was born in June of 1968 and is a 1986 graduate of Spring Hill, (La.) High School then became a 1992 graduate of Northwestern State (La.) where he played and starred on the OL !

He spent his first eight years as a Coach at 3 different Louisiana High Schools and one year at NW St. as well.

He would arrive in Longview with HC Pat Collins' original staff in 2000 as the Offensive Coordinator.

He became the Head Coach at Longview in 2004 where he's been ever since.

R.J.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Can’t believe he is only 51. So him and Surratt are the same age? I think Surratt is 50. Crazy. King got an early start as a HC at a big time program. I didn’t realize that.

S S is a 1986 graduate. He has just turned 52 or soon will. 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

S S is a 1986 graduate. He has just turned 52 or soon will. 

So Coach King and Surratt are the same age. That’s pretty cool. The 2 best coaches in our area (and 2 of the best all time) both got HC jobs in their late 30’s and have stayed at the programs they built. Actually both Carthage and Longview were very lucky. Both schools hired offensive coordinators with no previous HC experience. Rest is history. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

So Coach King and Surratt are the same age. That’s pretty cool. The 2 best coaches in our area (and 2 of the best all time) both got HC jobs in their late 30’s and have stayed at the programs they built. Actually both Carthage and Longview were very lucky. Both schools hired offensive coordinators with no previous HC experience. Rest is history. 

I wouldn’t say all time 

1 minute ago, Pack007 said:

Maybe Surratt is one of the two best. I wouldn’t put King over Outlaw. There are other coaches too I’m sure we are missing 

“2 of the best” means they are on a shortlist of the best coaches to coach in East Texas all time. I don’t mean literally they are 1 and 2. Coach Outlaw is on that list. Jeff Traylor, Dennis Alexander, etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

“2 of the best” means they are on a shortlist of the best coaches to coach in East Texas all time. I don’t mean literally they are 1 and 2. Coach Outlaw is on that list. Jeff Traylor, Dennis Alexander, etc.

Got ya. Thought you meant the best two, when you also put the 2 best coaches in the area 

4 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Got ya. Thought you meant the best two, when you also put the 2 best coaches in the area 

We are on the same page now. I wasn’t trying to debate the best all time coaches in ETX! Lol. That will get people all fired up quick. I was just saying these 2 guys are on the list.

You might have some LV posters on ya pretty quick anyway for not calling King the GOAT, hahaha. Just kidding...kind of.

• LOL! 1

On 11/10/2019 at 7:10 AM, trueblue82 said:

Yeah thanks to the insane buyout clauses they put in head football coaches’ contracts these days, the taxpayers in the state of Arkansas will be paying TWO guys millions of dollars NOT to coach the Hogs. Meanwhile, Morris will be laughing all the way to the bank. He could take a year off and wind up back in East Texas when Colby Carthel moves on to a FBS job after he gets SFA turned around. Don’t laugh. They’ve been knocking on the door of a win for weeks now, and they beat Incarnate Word last night. One good recruiting class makes a huge difference in FCS, and he’s working on a good one. 

Carthel is 2-8, what in the world are you taking about. FBS? I am laughing. That was a good win against UIW though. I think the odds are better that he cant get it done and goes back to D2 than he gets an FBS gig. They should have hired Traylor....

8 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Carthel is 2-8, what in the world are you taking about. FBS? I am laughing. That was a good win against UIW though. I think the odds are better that he cant get it done and goes back to D2 than he gets an FBS gig. They should have hired Traylor....

I thought Traylor turned the job down to go to Arkansas. But I’m not 100% sure.

10 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

2-8 after inheriting a dumpster fire. Several games that the defense played well enough to win but the offense left them on the field too long and they ran out of gas in the second half. Nicholls, Sam, McNeese all went that way. Give him a full recruiting class and they stand a really good chance at a winning record next year. 

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

2-8 after inheriting a dumpster fire. Several games that the defense played well enough to win but the offense left them on the field too long and they ran out of gas in the second half. Nicholls, Sam, McNeese all went that way. Give him a full recruiting class and they stand a really good chance at a winning record next year. 

We're getting WAY off topic with the SFA Head Coach comments guys !

Just an observation but let's reign it back in...ok ?

Thanks in advance...lol !

R.J.

• Thanks 1

I guess this means Chandler Morris from Highland Park is not going to Arkansas now.  Chad Morris is one reason HP coach Randy Allen un retired after just 3 weeks, just to coach his son Chad.   

Morris' had a six-year, $21 million contract, the Razorbacks will owe him 70% of his remaining compensation, which totals about $10 million. Arkansas athletics will make monthly payments to Morris through 2023.  Morris was 4-18 at Arkansas.

It amazes me how folks in coaching and business , like CEOs,  are rewarded for failure.

• Like 1

• Mr. P changed the title to 🔥 Impact the Chad Morris firing has on high school ball?