🔥 Impact the Chad Morris firing has on high school ball?

justafan

3 minutes ago, Coach0001 said:

How about Randy Allen retires again and Morris who still has a house in Highland Park becomes the Head Coach at Highland Park?

Not too far fetched of an idea.  Believe it or not , you know some other college will hire him.  It's crazy.  Jerry Jones might make him a scout for the Cowboys.  😎

4 minutes ago, NightStar11 said:

HP won't let him back

He’s never coached HP. Arkansas had some embarrassing losses but 22 games is not enough time to turn a program around. Arkansas has cost themselves a poop load of money on Bilemna and Morris. If the higher ups want to really win you have to give a coach at least 4 years to turn it around. He’s trying to run his spread offense with Bilemna’s recruits for a 3 yard and cloud of dust power running game.

By playing his recruits they're young, freshman, red shirt freshmen and sophomores.  Those kids can’t compete in the SEC going up against 22 and 23 year old men. Sonny Dykes is reaping Morriss’ awards at SMU along with a little Texas QB transfer. Regardless of who Arkansas hires it will take time. They kind of remind me of what Kansas has gone through since Mangino was fired. Fayetteville and the whole state are Hog crazy they just have to give someone time. My opinion only FWIW.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, randomuser said:

He’s never coached HP. Arkansas had some embarrassing losses but 22 games is not enough time to turn a program around. Arkansas has cost themselves a poop load of money on Bilemna and Morris. If the higher ups want to really win you have to give a coach at least 4 years to turn it around. He’s trying to run his spread offense with Bilemna’s recruits for a 3 yard and cloud of dust power running game.

By playing his recruits they're young, freshman, red shirt freshmen and sophomores.  Those kids can’t compete in the SEC going up against 22 and 23 year old men. Sonny Dykes is reaping Morriss’ awards at SMU along with a little Texas QB transfer. Regardless of who Arkansas hires it will take time. They kind of remind me of what Kansas has gone through since Mangino was fired. Fayetteville and the whole state are Hog crazy they just have to give someone time. My opinion only FWIW.

I know but we wouldn't let him live in HP

• Mr. P changed the title to 🔥 Impact the Chad Morris firing has on high school ball?
5 hours ago, RandyJohnson said:

Coach John King was born in June of 1968 and is a 1986 graduate of Spring Hill, (La.) High School then became a 1992 graduate of Northwestern State (La.) where he played and starred on the OL !

He spent his first eight years as a Coach at 3 different Louisiana High Schools and one year at NW St. as well.

He would arrive in Longview with HC Pat Collins' original staff in 2000 as the Offensive Coordinator.

He became the Head Coach at Longview in 2004 where he's been ever since.

R.J.

Wow, that would mean that I played against him in highschool.. Never knew that. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PackAttack said:

I guess this means Chandler Morris from Highland Park is not going to Arkansas now.  Chad Morris is one reason HP coach Randy Allen un retired after just 3 weeks, just to coach his son Chad.   

Morris' had a six-year, $21 million contract, the Razorbacks will owe him 70% of his remaining compensation, which totals about $10 million. Arkansas athletics will make monthly payments to Morris through 2023.  Morris was 4-18 at Arkansas.

It amazes me how folks in coaching and business , like CEOs,  are rewarded for failure.

Not sure Arkansas needs another 5'10" quarterback on its roster anyway. They already have Jones grandson and he's a small fellow as well.

2 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Not sure Arkansas needs another 5'10" quarterback on its roster anyway. They already have Jones grandson and he's a small fellow as well.

I was hoping John Stephen would have had a better showing. I personally think he was a phenomenal HS QB but as you posted not very many 5’11” 185lb QB’s excel on that level. He’d been great at a DII or DIII school that slings it around. But I wish him the best. I’m sure Jerry had a helping hand getting him to Arkansas but you can’t blame the kid.

• Like 1

Chad Morris had a failure at Arkansas because he wasn't the right fit for the program. He will coach College again and lot of programs would definitely hire him. I am interested where Traylor is going. Chavis will retire or play musical chairs at another desperate Sec school. Morris might become Alabama next Sr analyst

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, randomuser said:

I was hoping John Stephen would have had a better showing. I personally think he was a phenomenal HS QB but as you posted not very many 5’11” 185lb QB’s excel on that level. He’d been great at a DII or DIII school that slings it around. But I wish him the best. I’m sure Jerry had a helping hand getting him to Arkansas but you can’t blame the kid.

He was a heck of a player in high school. Morris seems to be pretty similar. Small but a gamer. I still don't understand why Morris wife and kids never moved to Arkansas. A program like Arkansas paying him $4-5 million a year and cant even get the family to move there. Doesn't show much of a commitment. I have always thought that was BS and I'm sure it bothered fans and alumni 

13 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Chad Morris had a failure at Arkansas because he wasn't the right fit for the program. He will coach College again and lot of programs would definitely hire him. I am interested where Traylor is going. Chavis will retire or play musical chairs at another desperate Sec school. Morris might become Alabama next Sr analyst

Lots of programs will hire him as a OC or Head Coach? He hasn't proven he can be an effective Head Coach at the College level. I would think OC would be more probable. 

3 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Lots of programs will hire him as a OC or Head Coach? He hasn't proven he can be an effective Head Coach at the College level. I would think OC would be more probable. 

Somewhere the Expectations are more realistic will definitely take a shot.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 10:25 AM, Coach0001 said:

How about Randy Allen retires again and Morris who still has a house in Highland Park becomes the Head Coach at Highland Park?

Before I saw your post, I was going to say that...I could about only think he would take a job like that. He'd about guarantee more state championships, so to continue his reputation as a stud HS coach in Texas and he'd get paid mint money and being it was HS...it probably wouldn't be anything Arkie could debate the contract with. The college job "of any kind" is why Arkansas is pretending to balk on paying Bielema. 

On the other hand, I'm not sure that Jeff Traylor had a multi-year contract. That's not the norm outside coordinators...even with the stud guys, which he has that rep. He wants to be in college and making over $400k, I don't think going back to Texas HS would be the thing. If he did...Turner might be ready to walk away at Gilmer and they would bounce his pay rate up to $130-plus...the GHS coaching staff would change drastically and the team would again start moving in a wildly different way and the power shift in ET would again vortex. I am more in the boat that he wants to be a college HC, so he will continue moving in that manner...

On 11/11/2019 at 6:52 PM, MoveTheChain said:

To coach against his brother over at Lee?

They love each other...he wants to see Kurt succeed...not put a water hose up under the foundation he is building in Tyler and break it apart. There is a reason Lee was getting much better this year...better than JT...and that trend will continue. The talent will move towards Kurt unless something crazy happens. 

And just to build upon this thought...over 10 years ago, maybe 15 now...Tyler ISD was trying to draw Jeff to take the Tyler Lee HC position and he wouldn't leave Gilmer for it. Why in the heck would JT at this point be attractive to him? It would be negative financially...it would hurt his family...it's not an attractive locale...it's not a positive move professionally. 

On 11/11/2019 at 5:08 PM, eagle34 said:

He was a heck of a player in high school. Morris seems to be pretty similar. Small but a gamer. I still don't understand why Morris wife and kids never moved to Arkansas. A program like Arkansas paying him $4-5 million a year and cant even get the family to move there. Doesn't show much of a commitment. I have always thought that was BS and I'm sure it bothered fans and alumni 

Fayetteville hasn't got 1/100 of 1% of the things Dallas has...and then when it comes to Highland Park, lord have mercy. They have lived in a super nice area of Austin and now one of the nicest areas of the United States...much less Dallas. Fayetteville is freaking boring!!! Why would they go there aside from to catch dad's ballgames on Saturdays or family events?   

On 11/9/2019 at 8:35 PM, justafan said:

What do y’all think will be the 1st East Texas job open. Do you think Chad Morris will be interested 😳

I think this increases the chances that East Texas will have more Big XII recruiters in the area....

Image result for blasphemy gifimage.jpeg

The only people that recruit around here is the Army!!!! And Custard better watch out!!!
Image result for only the army recruits gif

On 11/11/2019 at 10:59 AM, randomuser said:

I stopped feeling sorry for millionaires a long time ago....and people want instant ghratification