Timpson vs Groveton

CAC1231

51 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Big Red rolls and sets up a re-match with Centerville (unless Big Sandy upsets Centerville, which I’m all for!). Then in a throwback game to yesteryear it’s ALTO/GROVETON Round 3! 😂  💪💪💪

That’s the way I have my bracket filled out anyway. 🤣

I bet they wish it was Carlisle in round three... Lol 

• LOL! 1

My gut tells me this one will be closer than expected.  Groveton is much improved this year, but they have struggled in the playoffs as of late.  Timpson is Timpson and sometimes they find a way to win, it'll be interesting to see if they can shut Groveton's passing game down and if they do, they have a chance to come away with the upset.

5 hours ago, wolfpack76 said:

My gut tells me this one will be closer than expected.  Groveton is much improved this year, but they have struggled in the playoffs as of late.  Timpson is Timpson and sometimes they find a way to win, it'll be interesting to see if they can shut Groveton's passing game down and if they do, they have a chance to come away with the upset.

Pretty well Said. I have a very similar view. I'd love for Groveton to come out and utilize all their weapons on offense and get the ol' playoff monkey off their back, but Timpson could play spoiler for sure.

17 minutes ago, Reddog92 said:

Pretty well Said. I have a very similar view. I'd love for Groveton to come out and utilize all their weapons on offense and get the ol' playoff monkey off their back, but Timpson could play spoiler for sure.

When is the last time Groveton won a playoff game?

4 hours ago, Reddog92 said:

07' I think.. But don't quote me on that. For sure the last deep run when was that year when Alto beat them. 

I checked and you are right. 9-3 in 2007 and the last time they advanced past the first round. That’s shocking when you really think about it. I’m pulling for them to win 2 and advance to round 3! I think Timpson will be a tough out but if they can get by them, who knows! It could happen. 

I’m going with Groveton 27-14. 

• Thanks 1

I was at the HD/Groveton game and I honestly was not overly impressed with Groveton. Seemed like they had some speed but nothing that was overwhelming. I was shocked that they beat Shelbyville the way they did. But who knows it’s HS football with kids playing and every game is different. I pick Timpson by 7