Is there a chance PG and Gilmer meet up agan

powerlifter

Yep 4th round will be the time if no upsets happen before then. Gilmer has to control the turnovers in games like that. You can't keep fumbling/throwing interceptions and expect to win. In order to beat a team like PG you have to play a clean smart game. Every game is a learning experience and they have taken enough from that game to move forward. Just have to execute. Hopefully we can meet up again. Until then good luck to both teams to keep our district on top.

6 minutes ago, Hawks2021 said:

Gilmer can beat the Waco team ( who I think would be their opponent in the third round ) - but I'm not sure that they will beat PG.  I don't see how they can play much better.  PG is just a better team this year.  

If gilmer can get their passing game clicking I think they'll have a chance.   The forced fumble/turnover technicality and turnovers/interceptions inside the 25 made all the difference in the last game.  If they fix those it'll be a lot closer game

Way too much football to play to think that far ahead.  One week at a time.  It's win or go home.  There's a very real chance these two teams will meet again.  IF they do meet, I look for a similar game to the first meeting.  If the Buckeyes execute offensively without making mistakes, or having drops or turnovers, AND the Buckeyes can put the "black" back into the Black Flag Defense, I think we have a solid chance at the upset.  The Buckeyes will have to have a real game plan on both sides of the ball, execute it, and have a few breaks, but I think it "can" happen.

The 4th round will either be PG vs Connally or PG vs Gilmer. It doesn’t look like anybody in the region can stop those 3 teams but each other. Now whether PG will be beat, well they are most people’s clear pick to win state, but crazier upsets have happened.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mTex said:

The 4th round will either be PG vs Connally or PG vs Gilmer. It doesn’t look like anybody in the region can stop those 3 teams but each other. Now whether PG will be beat, well they are most people’s clear pick to win state, but crazier upsets have happened.

What crazy upsets?  If PG loses before the state title game it would be the biggest upset I can remember in a loooong time. IMO if they lose the title game it’s an upset.   

14 minutes ago, Hawks2021 said:

Is it for sure that they drop?  

Last I saw they increased their numbers by 30 -

They are 824 and the cutoff could possibly be some where in that range. If they do drop, I would expect them to go south with Jasper. Van is dropping and should move in the district with Canton. If Carthage does drop, they could be replaced by Lindale; which could move down from 5AD2.  Lindale is around the cut off mark. That would give district 10 4AI 5 teams.  All speculation until the UIL publishes the cutoff numbers.

I'm betting the cutoff is below that number.  Right now I see the following schools below 824 with drops of at least 20 students from last cutoff:

Sealey

Mineral Wells

Houston Wheatley

Sanger

Houston Scarborough

Van

North Lamar

Quinlan Ford

Levelland

That's 9 schools that look to be dropping to 4A-Div II

Moving up to 4A Div I 

Looks like:

Lubbock Estacado

Houston Washington

Wimberley (maybe??)

Depends upon how much movement UIL wants but moving the number too high will cause more than 10 schools to drop and maybe up to 20

On 11/12/2019 at 8:32 AM, Hawks2021 said:

Gilmer can beat the Waco team ( who I think would be their opponent in the third round ) - but I'm not sure that they will beat PG.  I don't see how they can play much better.  PG is just a better team this year.  

Not sure if you've seen the team from Waco (Connally), but they have four D-I commits and a tough, physical team.  That would be a heck of a match up!