2A D1 AREA PLAYOFF: #8 Alto Yellowjackets (11-0) vs. Joaquin Rams (9-2) @ 7:30 p.m. Lufkin’s Abe Martin Stadium - Friday 11/22/19

StingEmALTO

Alto vs. Joaquin  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances?

• Alto
    • Joaquin

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/23/2019 at 01:30 AM

1 hour ago, BlueBlood99 said:

This game won’t be about hype or remembering or payback. This game will be about execution and controlling emotions. Both teams know what each team represents and brings to the table. Whichever team makes fewest mistakes and executes their game plan will come out on top. Rams had several holding and stupid penalties again that killed big plays. Can’t have that as the competition gets better.

I guess it’s all how you look at it. What I meant is that when you lose to a team, you DON’T overlook or “sleep” on them.....from a program standpoint. So in a sense part of it IS about remembering. It won’t really mean “remembering or payback” to the coaches because they are all new OR even the players who were underclassmen and mainly on the JV. It’s “the folks” who remember. It stung and it stunk and it was part of the catalyst for change. 

I agree with you that it will be about execution and limiting mistakes and sticking to the game plan and playing our hearts out. For some it will just be another game on our journey through the playoffs to the ultimate goal. For others it will be more personal. “Revenge” is such an ugly word. Perhaps “avenge” is better. Not really malice, but more washing the bad taste of defeat to a team we had not lost to in 13 consecutive games out of our mouth.

Whichever way a person chooses to look at it one thing’s for sure: it ought to be a heck of a game! Win or lose, I know each team will give it all they got and leave it on the field. I firmly believe at the end of the day that will be our Jackets. This group is special and built just a little different. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Whatever gets ya going..... show up snap the ball and lets go. If ya gotta have some special sauce to get ya fired up for this then ya head ain’t right in the first place 

I don’t think these boys need any special sauce to get fired up! It’s the playoffs!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣 ‘nuff said. Lol

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Cherokee603 said:

Alto is going to wipe the floor....ok I said it...I see a 40-50 point win....Joaquin might get a long td run, they do have some speed...but at the end of day I’ll give Joaquin MAYBE 14 points...go ahead ram fans I can take it 😬😬😬🤷🏼‍♂️

They got some of that good weed evbody smokes in Alto.......😂

• LOL! 1

Defensive discipline wins this one for Alto. Stay true to your keys and don’t get caught up with all the misdirection. Joe’s o line will show you where the ball is going most of the time. Offensively, last time we saw Joe we were one dimensional. Not taking anything away from them (they flat out put it on us), but that’s not the case this year. We will sling it and pound it this game. There will be no stacking the box and selling out for Joe. This will be the most versatile offense Joe has seen all year and I’m excited about this match up. They will be one of the better teams we’ve seen and a really good tune up going forward. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

I will say this:

No way Alto sleeps on Joaquin. No way. Coach Ricky Joe Meeks will have those boys focused and ready. 💯 guaranteed. There is no looking ahead. One week at a time. 

I was curious about something. The entire Alto coaching staff was seated right behind me at kickoff, with several guys taking notes as one would expect when you get a chance to see your playoff opponent live a week before you play them. But they didn’t even stay there through the first quarter. I shower every day, so I know it wasn’t that. Maybe they didn’t like the cowbells or wanted to be closer to the band. Idk. I did speak to the Duplichain kid at halftime and congratulated him on their playoff win. He was very gracious and respectful. Good kid. 

26 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I was curious about something. The entire Alto coaching staff was seated right behind me at kickoff, with several guys taking notes as one would expect when you get a chance to see your playoff opponent live a week before you play them. But they didn’t even stay there through the first quarter. I shower every day, so I know it wasn’t that. Maybe they didn’t like the cowbells or wanted to be closer to the band. Idk. I did speak to the Duplichain kid at halftime and congratulated him on their playoff win. He was very gracious and respectful. Good kid. 

Yeah, we got a few good ones, lol. Might have been the cow bells on the coaches. Probably just saw entropy know we need to be on our A game.

26 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Let's get real for a min,this isn't about Alto's offense here,it's about their defense.joes fixing to see the best defense they've seen all year and you're running a basic offense,focusing on your keys will be paramount,for success.mistakes against these boys turns to quicksand.joaquin has a tall hill to climb...good luck my friends...

• Like 2