2A D1 AREA PLAYOFF: #8 Alto Yellowjackets (11-0) vs. Joaquin Rams (9-2) @ 7:30 p.m. Lufkin’s Abe Martin Stadium - Friday 11/22/19

StingEmALTO

Alto vs. Joaquin  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances?

• Alto
    • Joaquin

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/23/2019 at 01:30 AM

10 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Alto and Joe have 3 common opponents and Alto beat all 3 much more impressively.  You laid an egg against an average Shelbyville and barely beat a Timpson team Alto donkey stomped.  You don't have a more impressive win this season than Alto.  I'm sorry your @$$ is chapped.

And yours is on the bench watching basketball 

You gotta have context in the outcomes of games. Joe injuries has had our lineup all jumbled up in several games. Heck our QB last week played center this week. Had a freshman QB in one game. Lost center and NG. We have zero depth and still have mustered to keep on winning. Keep on underestimating Joe...... and it’s gonna get ya a big ole fat lip come Saturday morning 

4 minutes ago, jacketgrad06 said:

2 wins don’t make a rival

Exactly.....Only a rivalry when the other team wins . Joe got lucky two years in a row. Maybe we have a rabbit foot this week. Alto has two really good RB and QB. All we got is a bunch of rag tag slow kids that like to run into people hope we can keep it respectful.... Ya see the issue at hand with all these Alto posters is that they are above getting beat by Joe. Ain’t no way in hell a bunch of slow pokes can compete against the mighty Jackets. That why they so butt hurt over the past few years. I am in no way guaranteeing a victory Friday but I am saying it ain’t gonna be no blow out either way. That same group of sophomores that has beat ya the last two years are seniors now and they ain’t no punks.

Oh boy oh boy... Tall has a good team this year. But the last 2 times Tall has played Joaquin they got donkey stomped. It’s human nature to remember that and be slightly intimidated. Let me have this one warm up post and I get into the swing again... Joaquin Rams vs Tall Yellowjackets. Leggo  

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

Has....has a lowkey rivalry built up between Alto and Joaquin? 

Joaquin hasn’t done anything worthy enough of us considering them a rival. They’re more like a taliban fighter who shot in the air a thousand times and accidentally hit a fighter jet a couple of times. But the jet has circled back now. Bout to let a couple big missles go to send em back to their fox holes to regroup and film propoganda videos and such. You wanna see a rivalry game, week 3 against Groveton would be just that. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Exactly.....Only a rivalry when the other team wins . Joe got lucky two years in a row. Maybe we have a rabbit foot this week. Alto has two really good RB and QB. All we got is a bunch of rag tag slow kids that like to run into people hope we can keep it respectful.... Ya see the issue at hand with all these Alto posters is that they are above getting beat by Joe. Ain’t no way in hell a bunch of slow pokes can compete against the mighty Jackets. That why they so butt hurt over the past few years. I am in no way guaranteeing a victory Friday but I am saying it ain’t gonna be no blow out either way. That same group of sophomores that has beat ya the last two years are seniors now and they ain’t no punks.

We didn’t play last year so? I know they aren’t slow, you got at least 4 fast kids cause track program is good! Although I pretty sure we beat y’all in the relays! 😂 it probably won’t be a blowout, unless I can manage to really rile up the boys!

1 minute ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Joaquin hasn’t done anything worthy enough of us considering them a rival. They’re more like a taliban fighter who shot in the air a thousand times and accidentally hit a fighter jet a couple of times. But the jet has circled back now. Bout to let a couple big missles go to send em back to their fox holes to regroup and film propoganda videos and such. You wanna see a rivalry game, week 3 against Groveton would be just that. 

Not a rivalry huh? Ask ole Fred Thacker how he feels about Joaquin and see if he don’t hit the deck screaming “they’re back again!”