Area round rematch Jefferson vs Malakoff

Guest Tiger03lb

Who do you got?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

There will be a lot of fire in this rematch I know it! It’s going to be more than just a football game I got a feeling. Hope everybody plays with a lot of pride a lot of heart hope the best team wins. I’ve got a feeling that whoever wins this game is got a good shot to win the region. Of course I’m picking my tigers, but it won’t be no slouch!

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb
20 minutes ago, Jefferson96Dawgs said:

As long as it's not in Mineola again. Half the people didn't get in till halftime and we were laying on top of each other on the visitors side lol

It's at gladewater stadium from what I'm hearing

Honestly, the Jefferson coaches probably watched the Commerce game last night and noted the importance of extended mistake free drives. Had Commerce been able to consistently do that, the game could have been closer.

In short, IF Jeffy can execute the kind of ball control game plan Malakoff employed last year... it could get interesting. Malakoff D will have to play assignment football and not let that 2 headed monster combo of #5 and #21.

Go tigers!!!

Guest Tiger03lb
1 minute ago, Endseeker83 said:

Honestly, the Jefferson coaches probably watched the Commerce game last night and noted the importance of extended mistake free drives. Had Commerce been able to consistently do that, the game could have been closer.

In short, IF Jeffy can execute the kind of ball control game plan Malakoff employed last year... it could get interesting. Malakoff D will have to play assignment football and not let that 2 headed monster combo of #5 and #21.

Go tigers!!!

Jeffy doesn't have the o line to do what commerce did last night. That's not Jeffy's style, imo. I do agree with you on about commerce. Gotta give them credit for sticking that big ol lineman back there as an extra blocker. 

Guest Tiger03lb

I think or have a feeling that we may do the same game plan as last year and/or we can switch up the game play in a hurry as well. We did the same game plan against Mexia earlier in the year and it was and wasn't working. It was more koff kicking ourselves in the foot that game. We switched from that plan and started playing our usual ball and adjustments and it was working better, imo. Moral to the story is we can play any game plan and we can score. Koff hasn't been completely shut down this year. Jeffy is close to Mexia's team this year minus the size. Koff has a lot of weapons on offense and the only way that hurts koff is us hurting ourselves. Peace will have to be throwing dimes all night when he is in passing situations. Cause Jeffy has the ability to make an int anytime. We got a one, two punch with Rose and Davis running the ball. I don't think that we'll outrun Jeffy but we'll keep on pounding the ball. 

We'll have to keep #5 and #21 contained. As they can take it to the house any play. I'm sure they'll get a couple of plays off, hopefully they won't be for a td. We will have to follow threw when tackling Jeffy's players, as they are capable of keeping the play going. We are very tough in the redzone and we been good at making turnovers this year. 

If koff wins the los and are more physical we will win.

If Jeffy breaks loose and scores and can somehow slow down their offense they will win. 

Looking at a 10-14 point game type, 28-14 koff for the win. 

Haven’t seen Jefferson this year but what I remember from last year their O-line and D-line was a little undersized. If that’s the case they are in for a long night. I know they are quick but they don’t have Mexia’s team speed. Our defense is too fast for them to be successful on the outside. They will have to make a living up the middle and the occasional trick play.  And I just don’t see them stopping our big powerful backs. They won’t be able to put eight in the box and run man coverage like they did vs West Rusk. That’s a recipe for disaster. I think the game will be similar to last years game. Power running, ball control type of game throwing occasionally to keep them off balance. Either way it should be a good one.

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb
8 minutes ago, Endseeker83 said:

In unrelated news, I noticed that both Spring Hill and Mexia both made the playoffs and won their first round games. It’s good to see that those early opponents that challenged the tigers are having some success in the post season.

Yes. Watchout for SH in a few years. Louvier is starting to change the culture there and those kids are buying into what they arw doing. Won not one but two games in a damn hard district. They haven't even won a game in district in years. Then to win a playoff game is great for them. I'm glad that SH is enjoying every second of it.

Mexia has a good team this year. Glad they are doing good. That must have been a great game last night. Mexia was down big late.