Area round rematch Jefferson vs Malakoff

Guest Tiger03lb

Who do you got?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

13 minutes ago, Endseeker83 said:

I haven’t commented the past year or so until late, but I’ve always read. Racer you have always been a faithful supporter of your team and those teams from your area. Respect.

Appreciate it. Looking forward to seeing Malakoff for the first time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Endseeker83 said:

What happened on the personal foul ejection on #20 from Jefferson? I think that’s the number?

I read in a previous thread that a punch was thrown. I absolutely do not know if that’s the truth or not but it’s what I read. So don’t shoot the messenger. Unfortunate for him because he will have to sit 1st half of our game. Not sure what kind of impact that will have for Jefferson. 

Guest Tiger03lb
21 minutes ago, NavyDad0526 said:

I read in a previous thread that a punch was thrown. I absolutely do not know if that’s the truth or not but it’s what I read. So don’t shoot the messenger. Unfortunate for him because he will have to sit 1st half of our game. Not sure what kind of impact that will have for Jefferson. 

Yes he did throw a punch. It was in the 1st half. #20 it was early in the game, so I don't know if he was a starter or not

Pretty sure he is Jefferson’s leading tackler. At least I think that’s what the guy on the radio said during the game. Jefferson will have to play there best game of the year. Can’t hold any card in the deck. I’m sure Jeffy coach knows this and I’m sure a couple trick plays will be added. Let’s go district 7!!!

• Like 1

Watching some film from WR and Jefferson. WR didn’t play bad in my opinion, but when you let a few plays go for big yardage that sets Jefferson up for easy points, it’s gonna be hard to compete. Mally will have not give up the big play and score when they have the ball. I think our pass rush will get to the QB, but we can’t then let him scramble for 5-10 every play. We have to take care of the ball when we go to the air. Jeffy has some long and fast kids in the secondary.

I think Malakoff will have a few more weapons at their disposal on both sides of the ball than West Rusk. Just my 2 cents. I think WR gave them a decent fight, more so than the scoreboard indicated.

36 minutes ago, Endseeker83 said:

Watching some film from WR and Jefferson. WR didn’t play bad in my opinion, but when you let a few plays go for big yardage that sets Jefferson up for easy points, it’s gonna be hard to compete. Mally will have not give up the big play and score when they have the ball. I think our pass rush will get to the QB, but we can’t then let him scramble for 5-10 every play. We have to take care of the ball when we go to the air. Jeffy has some long and fast kids in the secondary.

I think Malakoff will have a few more weapons at their disposal on both sides of the ball than West Rusk. Just my 2 cents. I think WR gave them a decent fight, more so than the scoreboard indicated.

Yup. WR shot themselves in the foot. Their first drive they did an awful fake punt on 4th and long at midfield. The next drive they turned over on downs at midfield. They also had a drive where they were stuffed at the one yard line on 4th and goal.(Credit to Jeffy)  With Shelton playing I think it could’ve been a lot closer and perhaps a different outcome. 

Guest Tiger03lb
19 minutes ago, Endseeker83 said:

Yes you are correct. I was really impressed that WR held Black probably to his lowest yardage of the season. I don't think he even had over 75 yds, I know he didn't have over 100. Jefferson had some trick plays. They did it to us last year, and imo they'll do it again this year as well. 

15 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Yes you are correct. I was really impressed that WR held Black probably to his lowest yardage of the season. I don't think he even had over 75 yds, I know he didn't have over 100. Jefferson had some trick plays. They did it to us last year, and imo they'll do it again this year as well. 

yes,and wr had 2 of there studs out of the game also.I think

koff 35 jeffi 14

If Malakoff controls the LOS like last years game with long clock eating drives they will wear Jefferson down up front. 

Last year Jeff ran 5 offensive plays in the first half. Malakoff had back to back TD drives to open the game that were over 12 plays and took over 8 minutes each. It was a classic game plan that made Jeff get desperate quickly.

Pulling for Kefferson and if they are playing to their potential they can win.  Jefferson however has always kept me scratching my head.  On paper they should have won state a couple of times in the last 10 years.  The stuff they play on is not paper. 

Guest Tiger03lb
9 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Who is home team? Definitely will be at this on.

Jeffy. But you can come on the koff side. Lol.