Area round rematch Jefferson vs Malakoff

Guest Tiger03lb

Who do you got?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

Guest Tiger03lb
Just now, GWBears01 said:

When I go to see teams play other than the Bears I always sit on the home side just because it is easier and there’s usually more seating available. 😁

We'll be bring a coward. Last weeks game at Terrell, we filled up the stands and had people on the fence line. Should get the same this week. Last year's game was over crowd at Minny. People were everywhere. Just make sure you got more than one ticket seller at the gates! Lol. 

1 minute ago, Tiger03lb said:

We'll be bring a coward. Last weeks game at Terrell, we filled up the stands and had people on the fence line. Should get the same this week. Last year's game was over crowd at Minny. People were everywhere. Just make sure you got more than one ticket seller at the gates! Lol. 

Sounds like there is good culture at Malakoff.

1 minute ago, Tiger03lb said:

If you’ll send me a Malakoff hat I will wear it on the Jefferson side 😂 

• LOL! 1

Guest Tiger03lb
10 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

If you’ll send me a Malakoff hat I will wear it on the Jefferson side 😂 

I'll send you everything. Lol

2 hours ago, OLEMAN said:

Pulling for Kefferson and if they are playing to their potential they can win.  Jefferson however has always kept me scratching my head.  On paper they should have won state a couple of times in the last 10 years.  The stuff they play on is not paper. 

Amen!!!

This years team is just as good as last years. The defense, in most of our opinions, is way faster than last year. Last year our main ball carrier was #10 Rose. This year #22 Davis is healthy, which he wasn’t last year vs Jefferson. Both are big, powerful, and run like a madman possessed. They will get to the 2nd level quickly and you will not bring them down with one tackler. Right now Peace is throwing dimes and he has multiple receivers that can take it to the house once they get the ball. Make no mistake about it, this game will be won in the trenches, same as last year. If we can dominate the line of scrimmage like last year it will be a long night for Jefferson. I’m well aware of the two quick backs Jefferson has but our front seven are big, fast and pursue the ball very well. I’m not going to make a prediction but I think we are three scores better. Good luck Jefferson y’all are a very formidable opponent. Safe travels as well.

14 minutes ago, NavyDad0526 said:

This years team is just as good as last years. The defense, in most of our opinions, is way faster than last year. Last year our main ball carrier was #10 Rose. This year #22 Davis is healthy, which he wasn’t last year vs Jefferson. Both are big, powerful, and run like a madman possessed. They will get to the 2nd level quickly and you will not bring them down with one tackler. Right now Peace is throwing dimes and he has multiple receivers that can take it to the house once they get the ball. Make no mistake about it, this game will be won in the trenches, same as last year. If we can dominate the line of scrimmage like last year it will be a long night for Jefferson. I’m well aware of the two quick backs Jefferson has but our front seven are big, fast and pursue the ball very well. I’m not going to make a prediction but I think we are three scores better. Good luck Jefferson y’all are a very formidable opponent. Safe travels as well.

I’m somewhat impressed with a couple of the D front from Jeffy, but just as last year the big boys on both sides of the ball for Mally are quite athletic for their size.

I noticed they loved running right at the big nose tackle from WR because often he just couldn’t quite get there to get a hand on the back. I don’t see #50 or #54 letting that happen and guaranteed #32 will finish the job. The backs are impressive, but it’s almost like #5 will hurt you 2-10 yards at a time and #21 will hurt you 20-40 yards at a time with a little #6 sprinkled in. A formidable foe indeed. Go tigers!!’

6 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Yes you are correct. I was really impressed that WR held Black probably to his lowest yardage of the season. I don't think he even had over 75 yds, I know he didn't have over 100. Jefferson had some trick plays. They did it to us last year, and imo they'll do it again this year as well. 

Idk the stats but listening to the game it sounded like they didn’t give black the ball as much as usual. They seemed to have passed a little more. 

Guest Tiger03lb
3 minutes ago, TheHaireBeatTheTortoise said:

Idk the stats but listening to the game it sounded like they didn’t give black the ball as much as usual. They seemed to have passed a little more. 

When he was getting the ball, he wasn't getting very much at all. 

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, GWBears01 said:

WR was living in the Jefferson backfield. 

33 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

You will have to let me know what side you’re on. I’m probably coming to this one. 

Bring your rain gear. Gonna be a wet one. 

1 hour ago, Bclove05 said:

You will have to let me know what side you’re on. I’m probably coming to this one. 

Honesty I will sit on the home side. The chairs are more comfortable and there’s a lot more room. Since I don’t have a dawg in this fight I’m just looking out for myself 😂

Guest Tiger03lb
15 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Honesty I will sit on the home side. The chairs are more comfortable and there’s a lot more room. Since I don’t have a dawg in this fight I’m just looking out for myself 😂

We may have those stands full anyways even in the rain.

38 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

I'll be doing the same thing as long as it's not a down pour...Just want to see a good game on Thursday since we dont play till Friday this week. It's great being able to watch multiple games a week now. 

1 hour ago, Bclove05 said:

There is a theory that can’t be done. 😂

Hey hey now. You guys showed up and showed out. I was surprised with what all you guys had. But I was going on Jack V Murphy in general. I’ve never personally witness the entire stadium being packed to the point people are standing and on the grass. Probably has a lot to do with GW is just shrinking year by year.  That’s all I was saying. 

but I still didn’t think Sabine would bring as many as they did and boy was I wrong. 

1 hour ago, BearFan13 said:

Hey hey now. You guys showed up and showed out. I was surprised with what all you guys had. But I was going on Jack V Murphy in general. I’ve never personally witness the entire stadium being packed to the point people are standing and on the grass. Probably has a lot to do with GW is just shrinking year by year.  That’s all I was saying. 

but I still didn’t think Sabine would bring as many as they did and boy was I wrong. 

Yes I know. It’d be hard for some bigger school to fill the home side at Jack V Murphy 

13 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Yes you are correct. I was really impressed that WR held Black probably to his lowest yardage of the season. I don't think he even had over 75 yds, I know he didn't have over 100. Jefferson had some trick plays. They did it to us last year, and imo they'll do it again this year as well. 

Actually he had 91 yards on 19 totes. (I know that's not saying much). And it was only the 2nd time he was held under 100. Hughes Springs held him to 75 I do believe 

At least offensively we will look a lil different than last yr.  Last yr our passing QB was off on few passes and missed at least 1 potential td pass against Mally. #18 which was the 6'4 reciever, would have walked in and he over threw him by 5 feet.  He also was somewhat of a statue in the pocket and wasn't gonna juke or outrun anybody.  #5 has shown that he can hit the deep ball to a speedy reciever and we all know what he can do if he gets loose. Last yr I was hoping they'd go to him in the 2nd half and change it up a lil bit but they stuck with the senior at QB. Believe me,  I know this will be the fastest and strongest D we've seen all yr. Good luck to both squads

• Like 1