Rd 2 Daingerfield vs Blue Ridge

Geno35777

Area Round  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/23/2019 at 01:30 AM

1 minute ago, flukeshot said:

If I remember right, the story is that their first football unis back in the day were somehow hand-me-downs from North Texas State. Although I may be thinking of someone else.

I don't know about Blue Ridge, but I grew up in Denton and our Jr. High unies were certainly hand me downs from North Texas. Can you imagine a bunch of scrawny kids wearing grown men's stuff. The first helmet I got would turn sideways on my head. I got hit head on in the ear hole and coach got me another one. Mr. Travis Duncan my Jr. High coach. Pretty fine guy.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

1 hour ago, Newtonres7586 said:

Yeah, I did. Translate what Sawt??? Means, Ima little slow LOL.

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I think he meant to type sawftttt. As in soft. He is from DF so you never know. 

Oh, I thought he was meaning "salty".

6 hours ago, Newtonres7586 said:

How does Newton look now boys😁😁

No-one will know until after the 1st quarter is over. If they are dominant they are ready and if they are going through the motions, it will be a sad game win or lose. We spectators tend to expect excellence .

Blue Ridge / DF trivia. In the 60's when DF was a one horse grocery store town Gerald Jones built the shopping center. Along comes Cordell Smoot from Blue Ridge and puts in a nice grocery store , Smoots. Changed things for years until a fire ended his run. Next door to another legendary business…...Wackers. Over 50 years later we remain a one horse grocery store town with an out of town corporation enjoying the benefits.

• Like 1

Just now, EastTxFinest said:

Yep. Nephew and them bowed out last night unfortunately. Hows that hard wood gym been? Mr underachiever

Truthfully, I’d you ask most that know me they’d tell you I’m an overachiever. 

Hardwood got a new surface so I’m sure it’s excellent. 

Still got functioning rest rooms. 

Life is well. 

• LOL! 1