Sabine verse Pottsboro @ Paris Friday 11-22 @ 7 PM

Bclove05

Who wins?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Sabine
    • Pottsboro

1 hour ago, Opie1 said:

I can get behind that. Maybe over ranked is not the right wording now. I just think we match up well against them on both sides of the ball. Our boys will play hard until the game is over for sure.

I agree. Over ranked isn't the right wording now or early in the season.

I believe with the talent and coaching Sabine has they can definitely beat Pottsboro.

8 minutes ago, Opie1 said:

I never meant to sound like I was bashing coaches, our coaches have done a great job and I have thought that all season. If my opinion went against what the coaches thought I'm not bashing them I'm just offering it up for discussion on a message board. Just because we have a difference of opinion doesn't mean I dislike somebody, I'm simply doing what a message board is for, open discussion. I've apologized for my opinions previously because they weren't meant as a knock on anybody they were just thoughts for discussion. I think we have a great group of coaches and kids and I will try to choose my words a little better and if I have a opinion that goes against the grain I won't bring it up. I do think the coaches coached a great game yesterday as they have all season and I think we will pull out a victory Friday. You coaches keep up the good work and I liked the way you called defensive plays yesterday, it looked like it worked perfect.

I felt like we had a very safe and smart game plan yesterday. I wont lie. I didn’t want to kick the field goal on the 2 yard line to make it 20-7. If we don’t score on 4th down then MV still has to go the entire field to score and we would still have a 3 point lead. I liked the way our defense was playing at that point. Kicking the field goal was probably the smart move. Also I was very surprised we didn’t try an onside given MV didn’t have a player within 5 yards of the sideline. Also I liked that we finally ran to the outside. On our missed field goal Landon made the wrong cut or he walks into the endzone. He had blockers in front of him if he cuts outside. Overall our defense stepped up in a big way when our offense wasn’t doing much. I liked seeing #15 walking up and down the sidelines encouraging everyone when it seemed like nothing was going our way. Couple things did concern me though. Once again Landon only targeted 2 receivers again. #80 was wide open a few times and he never even looked at him. Also little man isn’t protecting the ball very well right now. I don’t know if that shoulder is bothering him but we can’t afford many turnovers against pottsboro.  

23 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

I felt like we had a very safe and smart game plan yesterday. I wont lie. I didn’t want to kick the field goal on the 2 yard line to make it 20-7. If we don’t score on 4th down then MV still has to go the entire field to score and we would still have a 3 point lead. I liked the way our defense was playing at that point. Kicking the field goal was probably the smart move. Also I was very surprised we didn’t try an onside given MV didn’t have a player within 5 yards of the sideline. Also I liked that we finally ran to the outside. On our missed field goal Landon made the wrong cut or he walks into the endzone. He had blockers in front of him if he cuts outside. Overall our defense stepped up in a big way when our offense wasn’t doing much. I liked seeing #15 walking up and down the sidelines encouraging everyone when it seemed like nothing was going our way. Couple things did concern me though. Once again Landon only targeted 2 receivers again. #80 was wide open a few times and he never even looked at him. Also little man isn’t protecting the ball very well right now. I don’t know if that shoulder is bothering him but we can’t afford many turnovers against pottsboro.  

Maybe they will work on some of the things you mentioned but I for sure ain't saying anything in particular. I will just say in anything you do whether it be sports, work or anything else there are always things to work on if you wanna be the best at what you do. Go Cards.

36 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

I agree. Over ranked isn't the right wording now or early in the season.

I believe with the talent and coaching Sabine has they can definitely beat Pottsboro.

I agree, we have the tools to get it done.

4 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

Not trying to give you a hard time, just my thoughts in response to yours. Maybe the term "overrated or over ranked" isn't the correct term, especially now that teams are in the playoffs.  No team in the playoffs is overrated.  I'll use Gladewater for an example because I took exception to you calling them overrated early in the year. The Bears were expected to compete for the district title and make the playoffs. Last I looked that's exactly what they did, so no, the Bears aren't overrated, nor were they ever. In fact we are at the present time playing as well as any team out there. We were never picked to win Region 2 (Malakoff is), much less win state, so we are where we were picked.  Now we can compare schedules between Pottsboro and Sabine, but both teams are good enough to be #1 seeds. As a Co-Champ Sabine could easily have been the #1 seed in any other district. In my opinion neither Pottsboro or Sabine is overrated or over ranked. 

Rooting for Sabine. Go get 'em Cardinals!

Well said sir. I agree

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Opie1 said:

I'm sure I will catch #### over this post but I'm going out on a limb again and saying Pottsborro is a little over ranked looking at the schedule they played. Maybe I'm not looking at it right but that is my opinion. Any thoughts?

You still believe gw is over rated?

5 minutes ago, CardinalEdge said:

I never thought Gladewater was overrated, but after watching the Winnsboro game, I was scratching my head.  Gladewater moved personel around, and now I think they have the right mix to go deep in the playoffs.  Time will tell.

Yes they seem to have the kids in the right positions for sure. GW will be fine and poised for a run. Good job GW.

3 hours ago, BearFan13 said:

I would bet that we are the youngest or one of the youngest teams left in it. These boys continue to work and get better every week. I won’t count them out against anyone. 

It’d be fun to see a rematch. There would have to be some major upsets for that to happen though.