Elysian Fields vs Bells, Friday 7:30 @ Mineola

1jacket

Elysian Fields vs Bells   

61 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Bells

• Panthers
    • Jackets

5 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

Oh yeah I heard about him, will he play varsity next yr? 

I would think he has a great shot at it.  He strong as a bull and would run through a wall if you tell him that’s his job ! I think he could start on Def for sure.  Would make a heck of a FB but we don’t have one in our OFF lol 

50 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

You think he would like to be a RB next yr? 

IDK, that would be some big shoes to fill!  I think he would give it a shot if asked to.  If that was the case, I see him as more of a bruiser type back where #5 is a make you miss type back.  This fact would require a different offense.  #27 has shown some promise at that position if I'm recalling the number correctly.  I would be for him playing out of the backfield as long as he's effective back there.  So far he's shown to be an asset lined up out wide and if we aren't going to use any two back sets I don't see the need.  I wish we would mix up our offense from time to time though.  Use a two and three back set.....keep the defense guessing.  I'm not saying abandon the spread though!  It's been very effective!

• Stinks 1

4 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

I would think he has a great shot at it.  He strong as a bull and would run through a wall if you tell him that’s his job ! I think he could start on Def for sure.  Would make a heck of a FB but we don’t have one in our OFF lol 

Next yr Ford needs to get a physical mind set

1 minute ago, BIGILL79 said:

IDK, that would be some big shoes to fill!  I think he would give it a shot if asked to.  If that was the case, I see him as more of a bruiser type back where #5 is a make you miss type back.  This fact would require a different offense.  #27 has shown some promise at that position if I'm recalling the number correctly.  I would be for him playing out of the backfield as long as he's effective back there.  So far he's shown to be an asset lined up out wide and if we aren't going to use any two back sets I don't see the need.  I wish we would mix up our offense from time to time though.  Use a two and three back set.....keep the defense guessing.  I'm not saying abandon the spread though!  It's been very effective!

+1000

40 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

Keep dreaming 

20 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

RB / LB for the 8th grade team, his dad is a Waskom alumni but they bleed orange now he not going anywhere.  Only kid I can think of but that kid loves being at EF ! 

His mom is a Waskom alumni also. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

That kid is prob better at baseball than football if you ask me and there is no hope for Waskom in baseball. It might happen but I just don’t see it. 

He's definitely an asset in both sports and a great kid! He would be missed!

• Stinks 1

23 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

That kid is prob better at baseball than football if you ask me and there is no hope for Waskom in baseball. It might happen but I just don’t see it. 

Baseball may not be so far fetched in Waskom, we do have new nurse also. 

Anyway good luck to EF this week. 

8 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

Me too ! 

A Bells fan had the nerve to call our district weak lol, did you go look at their football history, I've never seen so many 0-10 seasons for one program since Quitman lol, I only found 3 or 4 playoff appearances since 2004 and they were all one and dones and one area rd appearance. 

6 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

A Bells fan had the nerve to call our district weak lol, did you go look at their football history, I've never seen so many 0-10 seasons for one program since Quitman lol, I only found 3 or 4 playoff appearances since 2004 and they were all one and dones and one area rd appearance. 

Yeah not real sure why they so confident, but like I told them on there our schedule prepared us for this game we seen teams all season with that offense and we only got better as year went on defending it.  They only played like 4 teams all season with a winning record and 2 of those was both 2A teams that beat them lol 

I have to give Bells some credit though, they are pretty good. This year's team is good and they have played better down the stretch. And they play nasty. They get after you to the whistle, they pancake you, peel back on you, blind side you, and a lot more. If EF kids can't match that until the whistle, you will see a lot of frustration. And that frustration is gonna lead to personal foul penalties. EF has to be ready to come at them physically and be able to be strong mentally this week too. This game is gonna be tough if you ask me. And no way EF should be favored by 14 or whatever it was. This is gonna be a completely different ball game than the one with Hemphill. I still think EF can pull it off, but they are gonna have to be focused and disciplined as much if not more than they have been all season. I think EF's defense once again gets enough stops to give them a chance to win. And I think Ford and the offense come up with a plan to win the game.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

I have to give Bells some credit though, they are pretty good. This year's team is good and they have played better down the stretch. And they play nasty. They get after you to the whistle, they pancake you, peel back on you, blind side you, and a lot more. If EF kids can't match that until the whistle, you will see a lot of frustration. And that frustration is gonna lead to personal foul penalties. EF has to be ready to come at them physically and be able to be strong mentally this week too. This game is gonna be tough if you ask me. And no way EF should be favored by 14 or whatever it was. This is gonna be a completely different ball game than the one with Hemphill. I still think EF can pull it off, but they are gonna have to be focused and disciplined as much if not more than they have been all season. I think EF's defense once again gets enough stops to give them a chance to win. And I think Ford and the offense come up with a plan to win the game.

We can’t take them lightly I agree but they have only played like 4 teams all season with a winning record they beat up on a weak district.  I think they will play hard but they haven’t seen a Team like EF all season ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacket52 said:

We can’t take them lightly I agree but they have only played like 4 teams all season with a winning record they beat up on a weak district.  I think they will play hard but they haven’t seen a Team like EF all season ! 

Winona is exactly like EF but more athletic.

• LOL! 1