Elysian Fields vs Bells, Friday 7:30 @ Mineola

1jacket

Elysian Fields vs Bells   

61 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Bells

• Panthers
    • Jackets

Just now, JETT said:

Bells offense is good no doubt about it..... they dont turn the ball over is a key to their success 

I said that will be the key for EF, as long as they don't turn the ball over and give them momentum, EF runs away with this one 

5 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

Winning cures a lot and well we been winning.  If we win this game like @TDJ89 and I have predicted this week by 21+ then me and him be handing out that orange jacket Koolaid all next week lol 

That playoff win last week hasn't changed my mind about Ford, I just decide to roll with it til its over, I'm just supporting my Jackets and if Bells beats us I'll eat my crow and congratulate. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

That playoff win last week hasn't changed my mind about Ford, I just decide to roll with it til its over, I'm just supporting my Jackets and if Bells beats us I'll eat my crow and congratulate. 

Same for me on the crow and congrats if need be! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

This one your waaaaaaay off on, Bells offense ain't nowhere near even as EF 

Yeah, I said in another post that I was skeptical of the numbers.  I'm not going by the Winona game though, or not that game alone.  I didnt mean both offenses are equal in caliber, but rather they score the same amount of points relative to the defenses they are playing.  If Elysian Fields runs away with it, I wouldnt be shocked, but if it's a closer game than people expect, evidence was there in the numbers to predict it.  I think you guys do have a legit concern with your defense.  The Bells prediction is a combination of whattheyve been doing to defenses theyve played and what the EF defense is allowing.  Like someone else also pointed out, I picked EF in the poll.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pax said:

Yeah, I said in another post that I was skeptical of the numbers.  I'm not going by the Winona game though, or not that game alone.  I didnt mean both offenses are equal in caliber, but rather they score the same amount of points relative to the defenses they are playing.  If Elysian Fields runs away with it, I wouldnt be shocked, but if it's a closer game than people expect, evidence was there in the numbers to predict it.  I think you guys do have a legit concern with your defense.  The Bells prediction is a combination of whattheyve been doing to defenses theyve played and what the EF defense is allowing.  Like someone else also pointed out, I picked EF in the poll.

Defense has definitely been the weak link for EF, but they have really shown improvements since the change at DC a few weeks ago, plus getting some starters back sure helped also

• Like 1

Some have said that Bells comes from a weak district. I don’t know, maybe we have a weak district. However the 4th place team in our District(Whitewright), gave Harmony a run for their money. It was a close game from what I can tell by the score. 52 to 47

31 minutes ago, Dubya said:

Some have said that Bells comes from a weak district. I don’t know, maybe we have a weak district. However the 4th place team in our District(Whitewright), gave Harmony a run for their money. It was a close game from what I can tell by the score. 52 to 47

I agree that district 9 is not the strongest. Went 0-4 last year in first round against district 10. Seems a little stronger this year going 2-2 and WW almost pulling off the upset.  We will find out soon enough. Gonna be a long day tomorrow 

Well my trash talk is over, I been heavily critical of my Jackets all yr with the coaching, I have put that all aside right now, it was only giving me more high blood pressure, I'm hoping for a well coached and played game from my Jackets, I hope for a injury free game for both teams and looking forward to a Yellowjackets win, good luck tomorrow Bells, no matter how much trash talk I did with y'all, its only in the spirit of the game and for the love of my Jackets. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TDJ89 said:

Well my trash talk is over, I been heavily critical of my Jackets all yr with the coaching, I have put that all aside right now, it was only giving me more high blood pressure, I'm hoping for a well coached and played game from my Jackets, I hope for a injury free game for both teams and looking forward to a Yellowjackets win, good luck tomorrow Bells, no matter how much trash talk I did with y'all, its only in the spirit of the game and for the love of my Jackets. 

Well said. Good luck EF. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

You might not back down but the end result will be the same. 3 didn’t play that game but if we both win he will be playing in this one. His backup had 208 yards so he may get 300 on that sawfttt D. Lol. Good luck tonight. 

Good Luck to PP as well !  Looking forward to the challenge next week once we handle our business tonight. 

16 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

Good weather is looming in Mineola around 1

The ghost of Harold Taft told me that game time is going to be cold, breezy, with a heavy dew.....just enough to make the ball and turf slick lol.

T minus 10 hours.....I can almost smell it.

• LOL! 1

23 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

The ghost of Harold Taft told me that game time is going to be cold, breezy, with a heavy dew.....just enough to make the ball and turf slick lol.

EF has played in cold, windy, and rainy conditions this year, so they have had some game experience in it. The Paul Pewitt game was a stiff dew all game so EF will be able to handle it! I'm sure Bells has to. Looking forward to this one. I am still worried about the Bells team more than others. Good Luck to both teams and safe travels for everyone. Praying for no injuries to any of the players!

EF wins a close one! Go Jackets! 

53 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Double O your hoping for that bad weather to slow EF down lol

35 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

EF has played in cold, windy, and rainy conditions this year, so they have had some game experience in it. The Paul Pewitt game was a stiff dew all game so EF will be able to handle it! I'm sure Bells has to. Looking forward to this one. I am still worried about the Bells team more than others. Good Luck to both teams and safe travels for everyone. Praying for no injuries to any of the players!

EF wins a close one! Go Jackets! 

Yessir, good luck and safe travels for EF!  Should be a good one.

20 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Y'all hung 3/4 hundo on Hemphill.  Hoping something slows y'all down lol

If EF allow Bells to run 4 & 5 yds a pop, we're in trouble, if not, I think for Bells to have a better chance is to put in a few wrinkles in the passing game to keep EF guessing. 

20 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

If EF allow Bells to run 4 & 5 yds a pop, we're in trouble, if not, I think for Bells to have a better chance is to put in a few wrinkles in the passing game to keep EF guessing. 

I don't disagree.  But unless something drastic changes, EF won't see a lot of balls in the air from Bells.  It is pretty much line up and ask "how big an  'ol boy are ya" football with us lol.  Not a lot of surprises.  It will come down to turnovers and which team can get a few stops.