Elysian Fields vs Bells, Friday 7:30 @ Mineola

1jacket

Elysian Fields vs Bells   

61 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Bells

• Panthers
    • Jackets

I have to admit I was wrong. I know Chris was hurt. But we had better athletes than bells. We had a terrible game plan. Bells out coached us. We never ran any screens. Ryan never got loose like he has in the games we have won. Defense did there job. Offense not so much. If Chris was that big of a piece of our offense. What will we look like next year. I’m disappointed 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

What the hell happened 

#5 didn’t play but a handful of plays in first half and really didn’t do much till last drive he was still hurt from last week and then we muffed a punt in 1st half gave them a TD and then we fumbled 2 or 3 times.  Ford let them score with 2:00 min left in game so we could get ball back cause they was content to run clock out and it gave us a shot got stopped 4th and 2 from the 3 yard line going in to try and tie it. Was good Defensive game hats off to Bells they play hard and don’t make mistakes and that was the quickest game I ever seen lol. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ObiOne said:

Based on all that I will make my final prediction. Bells 34 EF 30 in a nail biting slobber knocker

Definitely was a nail biting slobber knocker great team and congrats on the win man yal play hard. Good Luck rest the way ! 

8 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

#5 didn’t play but a handful of plays in first half and really didn’t do much till last drive he was still hurt from last week and then we muffed a punt in 1st half gave them a TD and then we fumbled 2 or 3 times.  Ford let them score with 2:00 min left in game so we could get ball back cause they was content to run clock out and it gave us a shot got stopped 4th and 2 from the 3 yard line going in to try and tie it. Was good Defensive game hats off to Bells they play hard and don’t make mistakes and that was the quickest game I ever seen lol. 

Nice break down, but I got no excuse, on to next yr

3 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

He was about 75% tonight, but still no excuse, we had other athletes to pull the weight, good luck against PP

I don’t even know if he was 75% he didn’t take one hand off all night.  But we was out played on OFF I was very happy with our Def tonight we been getting gashed all season and they played a hell of a game against a good rushing team. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

I don’t even know if he was 75% he didn’t take one hand off all night.  But we was out played on OFF I was very happy with our Def tonight we been getting gashed all season and they played a hell of a game against a good rushing team. 

Yalls defense was great. I thought both teams would score a lot more. 

1 hour ago, jacket52 said:

EF will be loaded and better next yr

• Like 1

Defense held up there end of the deal tonight. The new defensive coordinator did a heck of a job since taking over. They need to find every way possible to keep him in EF. I don’t think the boys got outplayed, I think EF got out coached again. If EF faces a detailed oriented staff from the opposite team, they get out coached every time. Defensive side didn’t get out coached but the offensive side did. Play calling was a head scratcher from EF’s side. 

Congrats to Bells on winning the game. Good Luck next week vs Pewitt. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Well damn! Lol good season fellas. Not having 5 was the difference maker. 

I know the boys are disappointed they lost. 

Not being a sore loser, honest opinion. I think Pewitt wins by 2 TD’s. Bells is tough, well coached, fundamental, hard nosed football players, but Pewitt is that and more athletic. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

I’m not even gonna bite on that as bad as I want to! And it has nothing to do with wins and losses. A lot more variables to it. Still not biting! 

Me either DBJ, I'm gonna keep my mouth shut and watch football

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Defense held up there end of the deal tonight. The new defensive coordinator did a heck of a job since taking over. They need to find every way possible to keep him in EF. I don’t think the boys got outplayed, I think EF got out coached again. If EF faces a detailed oriented staff from the opposite team, they get out coached every time. Defensive side didn’t get out coached but the offensive side did. Play calling was a head scratcher from EF’s side. 

I agree, EF must keep the DC, the defense really pitched a shutout IMO. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

I tend to agree with your assessment. With the offensive firepower EF has, y'all have to be able to move the ball better. We are pretty tough hard nosed D. But no way should we be able to hold y'all to 1 TD. I'd agree on an offensive coaching issue. Not to take away form Bells D.  But I saw it the way you did. EF O seemed frustrated and really no sense of direction or identity. Throw it a time or two. Run it a time or two. Never got in a groove. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

I tend to agree with your assessment. With the offensive firepower EF has, y'all have to be able to move the ball better. We are pretty tough hard nosed D. But no way should we be able to hold y'all to 1 TD. I'd agree on an offensive coaching issue. Not to take away form Bells D.  But I saw it the way you did. EF O seemed frustrated and really no sense of direction or identity. Throw it a time or two. Run it a time or two. Never got in a groove. 

Turnovers killed us

• Like 1