Jump to content

Elysian Fields vs Bells, Friday 7:30 @ Mineola


1jacket
 Share

Elysian Fields vs Bells   

61 members have voted

  1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Bells

    • Panthers
      15
    • Jackets
      46


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

It’s amazing how a playoff win brings the community together. I can see Ford getting that contract extension now. 

If he wins Friday night and plays a close game with PP or somehow pulls off a round 3 win as much as I dislike being spread team all the time he will have earned it.  I have learned to like the offense just wish sometimes with our RB’s we would get in some two back or wing T or slot T stuff in the redzone or just to mix it up sometimes. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

If he wins Friday night and plays a close game with PP or somehow pulls off a round 3 win as much as I dislike being spread team all the time he will have earned it.  I have learned to like the offense just wish sometimes with our RB’s we would get in some two back or wing T or slot T stuff in the redzone or just to mix it up sometimes. 

All of that stuff takes practice time away from what you do 90% of the time.

  • Thumbs Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, StaphClown said:

All of that stuff takes practice time away from what you do 90% of the time.

Maybe but when I played for Chad Morris at EF we did a little bit of everything depending on who we was playing and what their weakness was on Def.  Nothing wrong with learning something new especially come playoff time ! Our base running plays wasn’t but like 6 of them but we ran them out of at least 15 different formations kept folks guessing. Might be a split back Veer team one weak and a I formation team the next or a one back zone blocking scheme the next week never knew what we was going to run ! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

Maybe but when I played for Chad Morris at EF we did a little bit of everything depending on who we was playing and what their weakness was on Def.  Nothing wrong with learning something new especially come playoff time ! Our base running plays wasn’t but like 6 of them but we ran them out of at least 15 different formations kept folks guessing. Might be a split back Veer team one weak and a I formation team the next or a one back zone blocking scheme the next week never knew what we was going to run ! 

That's how you get really average at multiple things and not great at anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

Maybe but when I played for Chad Morris at EF we did a little bit of everything depending on who we was playing and what their weakness was on Def.  Nothing wrong with learning something new especially come playoff time ! Our base running plays wasn’t but like 6 of them but we ran them out of at least 15 different formations kept folks guessing. Might be a split back Veer team one weak and a I formation team the next or a one back zone blocking scheme the next week never knew what we was going to run ! 

J52 don't waste your time explaining football to this guy lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, StaphClown said:

That's how you get really average at multiple things and not great at anything.

Tell that to the 2 State Finalist rings sitting on my dresser and I might add We was 35-9 in my 3 years as a player at EF so we was doing something right ! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

That’s just gas!
 

Nah, I’m kidding, Just screwing with you. I am a little more skeptical than some of the EF guys but I’m glad they are more confident than I am. Makes me feel a little better. 

Yeah, I may have to take my hunchback. Yuk, yuk🤓🤓🤓

As Henny youngman used to say "I've got a million of em".

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, jacket52 said:

I think our top 6 teams in our District could beat them ! 

Not saying y'all are not strong.  It is a strong district with a lot of talent.  Seems like a lot of the teams are up and down every week.  Not very consistent which team shows up.  But what is the best win your district has this year?  Who is the best team anybody has beaten ?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

The more film I watch on Bells looking at the way they defended the spread against Winona is a joke, I'm surprised Winona didn't go up and down the field on Bells, they should've scored way more than they did, I'm guessing Bells didn't face any spread teams during the season, EF is gonna have a field day against Bells defensive alignment 

Well, that's alright by me!!

See my response to DeBerry Jacket. lol.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Not saying y'all are not strong.  It is a strong district with a lot of talent.  Seems like a lot of the teams are up and down every week.  Not very consistent which team shows up.  But what is the best win your district has this year?  Who is the best team anybody has beaten ?  

Well the 7 on 7 District All Stars beat the Dallas Cowboys in a warm up before football season started, but I don’t know if you’d count that or not! And that ain’t really saying much I guess if you do count it!

  • LOL! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/19/2019 at 11:22 AM, TDJ89 said:

I watched film on Bells, I wasn't paying attention to it, I was focus on their back field, I just don't see this team hanging in the game with EF long, they don't have any speed at all

Your statement made me go back and watch some film on Elysian Fields. At the same time I scoured their roster. Man, how did you guys lose to Waskom,  and Winona. The Jackets have some fine looking athletes on that team. From #69 on down only one kid is under 6'. On film I saw some very athletic kids. And big too.  #'s 5 and 8 are studs on offense, #'s 4 and 31 are on defense. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Newtonres7586 said:

Your statement made me go back and watch some film on Elysian Fields. At the same time I scoured their roster. Man, how did you guys lose to Waskom,  and Winona. The Jackets have some fine looking athletes on that team. From #69 on down only one kid is under 6'. On film I saw some very athletic kids. And big too.  #'s 5 and 8 are studs on offense, #'s 4 and 31 are on defense. 

No excuses, but I'll mention in the Winona game EF had several starters out for that game and for the Waskom game, its a big time rivalry game and Keeling always out coaches Ford. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Well the 7 on 7 District All Stars beat the Dallas Cowboys in a warm up before football season started, but I don’t know if you’d count that or not! And that ain’t really saying much I guess if you do count it!

Ok, I have narrowed it down.  The best win for the whole district this year is either a 7 on 7 allstar game, an average Harmony team, or a 10 point loss to Newton.  I definitely see the rich history and pride for the district.  It is well deserved.  But I think Bells might surprise some folks.  Nothing flashy but you better have everything buckled up tight.

  • LOL! 1
  • Stinks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

No excuses, but I'll mention in the Winona game EF had several starters out for that game and for the Waskom game, its a big time rivalry game and Keeling always out coaches Ford. 

This is the reason. Exact reason! We made a change at defensive coordinator and they started to gel after the Waskom game. The Waskom game film proved to the kids that they need to listen to the coach and do their assignments and they can get some stops. From that point on, they haven't been playing bad defensively. Got some starters back and it has come together a little bit. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

No excuses, but I'll mention in the Winona game EF had several starters out for that game and for the Waskom game, its a big time rivalry game and Keeling always out coaches Ford. 

I figured the injury deal. I didn't think about the rivalry part. I tried to edit my post but I don't if it took. Short story, I meant no disrespect to any team.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Ok, I have narrowed it down.  The best win for the whole district this year is either a 7 on 7 allstar game, an average Harmony team, or a 10 point loss to Newton.  I definitely see the rich history and pride for the district.  It is well deserved.  But I think Bells might surprise some folks.  Nothing flashy but you better have everything buckled up tight.

Welcome to Smoaky. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Ok, I have narrowed it down.  The best win for the whole district this year is either a 7 on 7 allstar game, an average Harmony team, or a 10 point loss to Newton.  I definitely see the rich history and pride for the district.  It is well deserved.  But I think Bells might surprise some folks.  Nothing flashy but you better have everything buckled up tight.

Daingerfield was up 21-0 on Gunter. Ended up losing the game 22-21. WHat does the best win for the District have to do with anything? Im asking, not trying to be a smart a. Just don't understand the point you are trying to make. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...