Elysian Fields vs Bells, Friday 7:30 @ Mineola

1jacket

Elysian Fields vs Bells   

61 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Bells

• Panthers
    • Jackets

4 hours ago, BIGILL79 said:

Barking at the wrong dog. I could care less who y'all are, what you've won, who you've beat, or what you did two years ago.  There isn't any reason to be scared of you or anybody else for that matter!  Win or loose, we will be just fine either way.  You either win or learn, such as life

I never said anything about being scared, trying to convince yourself.

6 hours ago, Purpleforever said:

I never said anything about being scared, trying to convince yourself.

Sure you did. When you stated that EF should be glad that they didn’t have to face Newton the last two years. It’s called an insinuation Purple Rain! You inferred that sentiment! That’s ok though. No doubt you’re in grief over the high probability that y’alls ego gets checked soon! Denial and anger are the first two steps in the grieving process.  Just know that acceptance will eventually arrive and everything  will be ok! I’ll be praying for ya Purple Rain!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, justafan said:

Newton deserves respect for the run they have had. It’s a unbelievable feat. I doubt they have a down year like Waskom did. But I bet it’s a sure drop off next year. 

Newton won't have any dropoffs anytime soon, what kinda dropoff do you expect? 

4 hours ago, BIGILL79 said:

Sure you did. When you stated that EF should be glad that they didn’t have to face Newton the last two years. It’s called an insinuation Purple Rain! You inferred that sentiment! That’s ok though. No doubt you’re in grief over the high probability that y’alls ego gets checked soon! Denial and anger are the first two steps in the grieving process.  Just know that acceptance will eventually arrive and everything  will be ok! I’ll be praying for ya Purple Rain!

Last two years you would have got an understanding of physical football. Oh and I’ve already accepted any fate that befalls figs or I would be telling y’all to get there, but they’re not that physical right now.

40 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

@Pax what you think about this game ? 

I think we probably have a close one here.  Both offenses are pretty even, Elysian Fields putting up 11 more points than the defense they play normally allows, and Bells putting up 10 more.  On the defensive side, Bells has been better.  They are not shutting everyone down, but holding them to about 8 less than they are used to getting.  Elysian Fields on the other hand is actually still allowing more points to offenses than they normally score on average - by 1 point a game, so offenses have their way.  I thought maybe they figured something out against New Diana, but they held DeKalb to just 5 fewer than they average, and allowed 9 more than Hemphill averages.  We do have a common opponent here as well in Winona.  Elysian Fields played them in the 3rd game of the season and lost 34-41.  Bells just played them just recently and won 36-32.  The score predictor comes up with Bells 36, Elysian Fields 31 in this one.  I call it a toss-up when it's this close.

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Pax said:

I think we probably have a close one here.  Both offenses are pretty even, Elysian Fields putting up 11 more points than the defense they play normally allows, and Bells putting up 10 more.  On the defensive side, Bells has been better.  They are not shutting everyone down, but holding them to about 8 less than they are used to getting.  Elysian Fields on the other hand is actually still allowing more points to offenses than they normally score on average - by 1 point a game, so offenses have their way.  I thought maybe they figured something out against New Diana, but they held DeKalb to just 5 fewer than they average, and allowed 9 more than Hemphill averages.  We do have a common opponent here as well in Winona.  Elysian Fields played them in the 3rd game of the season and lost 34-41.  Bells just played them just recently and won 36-32.  The score predictor comes up with Bells 36, Elysian Fields 31 in this one.  I call it a toss-up when it's this close.

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Thanks!

You're welcome.  To be honest, I'm a bit skeptical of these numbers.  I would have picked Elysian Fields to win before running them.  Just being that I follow Gunter and they used to be in a district with most of those teams, I think it is possible that it is a really weak district, so that could skew the numbers.  If you run predistrict only, I get Elysian Fields by 7 or so.  I'll stick with the prediction because I go strictly by the numbers, but I actually picked EF in the poll!!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Pax said:

You're welcome.  To be honest, I'm a bit skeptical of these numbers.  I would have picked Elysian Fields to win before running them.  Just being that I follow Gunter and they used to be in a district with most of those teams, I think it is possible that it is a really weak district, so that could skew the numbers.  If you run predistrict only, I get Elysian Fields by 7 or so.  I'll stick with the prediction because I go strictly by the numbers, but I actually picked EF in the poll!!  

All valid points.  One thing to consider is a new coach and new offense this year.  Bells went from almost all pass in the spread the last 5 years to almost all run in the slot-t this year.  So predistrict was the first time these boys ran the slot-t.  Lot different team from predistrict.  Should be  a good game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pax said:

The Hemphill score is a little misleading we allowed 2 late TD’s on our 3rd string Def game was over with like 7 min to go so we started playing some younger guys. If you look at turnovers and number of 3 and outs the Def is much improved since the D coord swap. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

The Hemphill score is a little misleading we allowed 2 late TD’s on our 3rd string Def game was over with like 7 min to go so we started playing some younger guys. If you look at turnovers and number of 3 and outs the Def is much improved since the D coord swap. 

EF has enough kids to have a 3rd string?

30 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

I know that sort of thing happens, but I can't possibly account for it.  Those things sort themselves out on average anyway - in my opinion.  If you're frequently giving up points with subs in the game, then those are legit points you give up either way.  You do have a point that if the game were closer, then the subs wouldn't be in so wouldn't be giving up those points, but there's no real way to quantify it without getting subjective about it, and I honestly don't think it would make much of a difference to the whole anyway.  In other words, if I ignore the 14 points the backups allowed, I'd also have to ignore any points the Bells backups allowed, and even if that number were zero, it wouldn't change the final prediction by much.  Trust me - I've considered all this and while I appreciate your point 100%, I don't think it matters in the grand scheme.  Of course none of this does!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pax said:

This one your waaaaaaay off on, Bells offense ain't nowhere near even as EF 

Just now, LSUTIGERS said:

You back in that jacket kool-aid heavy. 

LSU you among all should know me by now, I call it like I see it, you know if I felt this would be a even game or even a loss for EF I'm not afraid to call it, especially when it comes to EF.  

3 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

You back in that jacket kool-aid heavy. 

Winning cures a lot and well we been winning.  If we win this game like @TDJ89 and I have predicted this week by 21+ then me and him be handing out that orange jacket Koolaid all next week lol 

• Like 1