Groveton vs. Joaquin @ Nacogdoches HS, 7p Friday

Reddog92

3 minutes ago, Reddog92 said:

Joaquin won a true playoff dogfight and will be playing an equally hungry and determined Groveton team. Who y'all got?

Joe going to enjoy this one for the night, and will be here to argue with you tomorrow.   That was an incredibly physical game and Joe is pretty banged up including the loss of one of our 1000 yard backs for the remainder of the season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yourteamstinks said:

Joe going to enjoy this one for the night, and will be here to argue with you tomorrow.   That was an incredibly physical game and Joe is pretty banged up including the loss of one of our 1000 yard backs for the remainder of the season. 

I know it was I just wanted to be the one to start the post. Great win and I pray y'all heal with Godspeed. Enjoy the win Rams. Hats off and much respect from Groveton.

Basically parroting this weeks sentiment. Depends on what Joaquin team shows up. If tonight’s Joaquin team shows up Groveton is in for a long night. If Joe doesn’t show it will be very lopsided in Grovetons favor. Joaquin is beat up and battered and wearing thin but Joe has grit. 

Groveton has been in some battles and gotten beaten up a time or two this season so they will be used to adversity. Should be an interesting matchup 

2 minutes ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

Basically parroting this weeks sentiment. Depends on what Joaquin team shows up. If tonight’s Joaquin team shows up Groveton is in for a long night. If Joe doesn’t show it will be very lopsided in Grovetons favor. Joaquin is beat up and battered and wearing thin but Joe has grit. 

Groveton has been in some battles and gotten beaten up a time or two this season so they will be used to adversity. Should be an interesting matchup 

By the 3rd round the wheat is separated from the chaff. Joaquin really impressed me with the heart and grit they played with. There are not alot of members on smoaky from Groveton so this won't be like the Alto thread, unless folks start trolling. Your coaches must have had a really good game plan defensively. I am probably more interested in how they will try to defend Groveton than any other aspect of the game. I don't boast or brag or belittle young men, coaches, or communities. These young men are willingly and frequently putting themselves in harm's way. Anyone who does not respect that has never been on a field or in a field house or sideline during a serious game. Looking forward to talking some football this week and eat some Turkey doing it. Again congratulations on the win tonight.

2 minutes ago, jacketgrad06 said:

I hope that Joaquin isn’t too beat up and this is a great ball game. Two good ball clubs and hopefully it’s a game like tonights. One traditional power and one that has been on the upswing for some years now. Idk which way I lean yet. 

If anything I've seen this year leaning one way will just cause one to fall over.

1 minute ago, Reddog92 said:

If anything I've seen this year leaning one way will just cause one to fall over.

Pretty much. I have been playing y’all up most of the year as the dark horse in the region. Was really looking forward to renewing the rivalry there but hey Joaquin said they wanted some and was gunna have take out too. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jacketgrad06 said:

I hope that Joaquin isn’t too beat up and this is a great ball game. Two good ball clubs and hopefully it’s a game like tonights. One traditional power and one that has been on the upswing for some years now. Idk which way I lean yet. 

Joe definitely got some injuries.. that was a physical physical game.

1 minute ago, yourteamstinks said:

Joe definitely got some injuries.. that was a physical physical game.

Yep. That game took a major toll. But honestly Rams seemed to have gelled. For the first time all season they put together 4 great quarters. I think this Rams team has some grit in its gut. If they show up Groveton is in for the fight of their lives. 

1 hour ago, Bigj47 said:

Doesnt matter SA will donkey stomp either team by 30 

You just struggled with a 6-5 Normangee team and your defense showed gaping holes to a team Centerville allowed 7 points  . Garrison hung with y’all the week before ..  Y’all need to stop worrying about other teams and how your Gods gift to football and start worrying about the necessary improvements to get you out of the semis .  Because if you are the region 3 winner and play like you did last night,  Shiner/Refugio will skull drag ... and you know that is true 

• Thanks 2
  • Stinks 1

Everyone has a bad game and we still scored 84 pts man. 720 pts so far this year and not given up but 230 pts. Its ok Tho We will be called the back To back to back region champs. Whooo. Rick flair like. We aint Joaquin who cant even sense a state title 

• Stinks 2