Groveton vs. Joaquin @ Nacogdoches HS, 7p Friday

Reddog92

Just now, Lambo said:

I vote to elect you to be the president of Grovetons fan base

You can't do that when you are part of the education system already, and have been at a few very successful programs in the region. Gotta keep a low profile.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

He already is. Been a staple here for a long time. Old Reddog is a class act. 

Thanks my friend. Was at Alto, Corrigan and now back home in Groveton. I've got deep support for all these programs and communities, not necessarily all those who don't treat players of both teams the same. 

• Like 1

For some reason I had trash cell service while at the game so I couldn’t post much, here’s my take:

Soto has so much heart and is an absolute stud. Kid is an absolute baller. Every time I saw the Rams this year that kid played up an intensity level. Might not be the fastest, biggest or strongest but the kid flat out plays good ball.

Small Bragg has nerves of steel and is like a machine on the field. Looks like nothing phases him. Plays the game like he’s 6’0” and 20 years old. He plays the game so well ESPECIALLY considering his size and age.

Big Bragg played his tail off. Best overall athlete I’ve seen play at Joaquin. I believe it was him that kept a drive alive ripping the ball out of a defenders hand. Had me fired up.

Lane ran like a Mack truck as predicted. Cramps hindered him though. Losing Nelson hurt the rams. Having no depth in general hurt the rams.

Stuebing for Groveton is a stud. He was like 90% of all the offensive production especially the first half.

The story of this games was turnovers and penalties. Rams committed penalties at the absolute worst times and fumbled at some terrible times. Can’t do that 3 rounds deep. You’ll lose and that’s what happened. Good group of boys got beat out tonight. Congrats to Groveton. Best of luck facing SA. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EdgarAllenPwn said:

For some reason I had trash cell service while at the game so I couldn’t post much, here’s my take:

Soto has so much heart and is an absolute stud. Kid is an absolute baller. Every time I saw the Rams this year that kid played up an intensity level. Might not be the fastest, biggest or strongest but the kid flat out plays good ball.

Small Bragg has nerves of steel and is like a machine on the field. Looks like nothing phases him. Plays the game like he’s 6’0” and 20 years old. He plays the game so well ESPECIALLY considering his size and age.

Big Bragg played his tail off. Best overall athlete I’ve seen play at Joaquin. I believe it was him that kept a drive alive ripping the ball out of a defenders hand. Had me fired up.

Lane ran like a Mack truck as predicted. Cramps hindered him though. Losing Nelson hurt the rams. Having no depth in general hurt the rams.

Stuebing for Groveton is a stud. He was like 90% of all the offensive production especially the first half.

The story of this games was turnovers and penalties. Rams committed penalties at the absolute worst times and fumbled at some terrible times. Can’t do that 3 rounds deep. You’ll lose and that’s what happened. Good group of boys got beat out tonight. Congrats to Groveton. Best of luck facing SA. 

Grovetons qb reminds me a lot of Joey Burrow. Real quick and agile. He’s gonna go places.

Joaquin just had nothing left in the tank after last week. I’d love to sit here and give my congratulations to Groveton and that be all. Grovetons football team is very very good. I cannot express the anger I have in my heart for those LOSERS that where yelling at a KID to get off the field. You’re sincerely lucky my 6 year old was with me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Lambo said:

Joaquin just had nothing left in the tank after last week. I’d love to sit here and give my congratulations to Groveton and that be all. Grovetons football team is very very good. I cannot express the anger I have in my heart for those LOSERS that where yelling at a KID to get off the field. You’re sincerely lucky my 6 year old was with me. 

Lambo gonna take on the whole town of groveton. My moneys on Lambo 

1 minute ago, Rammy said:

Lambo gonna take on the whole town of groveton. My moneys on Lambo in that fight.

I don’t want the whole town. It’s not the towns or schools fault they had 2-3 idiots screaming at a hurt kid. I just want those 2-3 individuals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Lambo said:

I don’t want the whole town. It’s not the towns or schools fault they had 2-3 idiots screaming at a hurt kid. I just want those 2-3 individuals.

The fact that they had the audacity to do that still makes me sick. They probably have children who are learning by their example. Which makes me more sick.

• Like 1

Welp this year has been great and full of surprises some good, and some bad. But it’s mostly been a great year. We made it to round 3 and I’m proud of that. To be honest, I didn’t think we would be a powerhouse in the division this year due to all the seniors we lost. But I was so pleasantly surprised with what we did. Who knows what next year will bring. Winning or losing next year, I’m still gonna be supporting, I believe in this team, and I believe in this town. GO RAMS!

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Lambo said:

I'd love to take them to you. It was closer than those loud mouths realize they where about to be delt with by some of their own. Truly shameful actions. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Reddog92 said:

I'd love to take them to you. It was closer than those loud mouths realize they where about to be delt with by some of their own. Truly shameful actions. 

I know exactly what you mean. We all knew it was a bad egg or 2! We know Groveton is better than that!

56 minutes ago, Rammy said:

Lambo gonna take on the whole town of groveton. My moneys on Lambo 

I kinda have a gut feeling that that’s the type of guy that won’t have many people from Groveton saying “I’ve got your back, bro!” It’s a shame that someone like that can put a black eye on a great season for a group of kids that has recaptured the great football tradition that they have there. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were several Indian fans telling him “Sit down and shut up!” 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lambo said:

I wasn't going to say anything earlier in the week because I know y'all fought a war with Alto that took a very physical toll.. That being said y'all's d line is some kind of quick. Well coached getting off blocks and beating blocks. I thought our coaches made some very good adjustments to Joaquins defense, and made good adjustments on defense for Joe's offense.  For a slot T team Joaquin could put the ball up in the air and go get it... Definitely some separation speed and good hands.

39 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

Muffed punt and next possession chop block , boom.  Killer turn of events.   

Yeah that was where Groveton seized control of the game for good. Kid was just being aggressive and trying to make a play. But credit them. They had a great game plan and executed it perfectly. The QB is a straight up baller. 

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I kinda have a gut feeling that that’s the type of guy that won’t have many people from Groveton saying “I’ve got your back, bro!” It’s a shame that someone like that can put a black eye on a great season for a group of kids that has recaptured the great football tradition that they have there. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were several Indian fans telling him “Sit down and shut up!” 

I thought he would stop after a comment and everyone remained quite. Then he kept on. Finally folk started saying something. He has no kids on the team or relatives and was never an athlete by any stretch and probably had to finance the trip to the game. Sadly there is but one cure for idiots.