Groveton vs. Joaquin @ Nacogdoches HS, 7p Friday

Reddog92

4 minutes ago, Reddog92 said:

I thought he would stop after a comment and everyone remained quite. Then he kept on. Finally folk started saying something. He has no kids on the team or relatives and was never an athlete by any stretch and probably had to finance the trip to the game. Sadly there is but one cure for idiots.

I saw exactly who it was... He stood up kinda tossed his arms up put his hands to his mouth and started screaming... I swear he’s lucky my 6 year old was there. I would have removed him for both of our fan bases 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Lambo said:

People like that don’t deserve to cheer for a group as classy as those boys on the field

It's was bad when players on the sideline told him to be quite. I thought the game was a clean played game. Groveton has went thru some humbling years and the boys are thankful they are still playing. They play with alot of heart and respect. As far as the game. Those penalties really put y'all behind the right ball, where as Groveton really had some huge 3rd and long conversations. Those two factors in the second half really swayed the game. I kept telling folks that a 14 point lead would not seal the deal. I'll be honest I knew Joaquin would battle and be physical but I was even more impressed with the speed of a few of your players... I can now see how if a team did not have a mulit demensional offense with alot of options you are gonna be in for a long night. Lambo take care of yourself old friend. I've got 3 boys of my own the youngest being 7. If this ol world holds together hopefully we'll get to watch them play. There are 5 all State players in their blood lines so I hope they represent.

10 hours ago, Rammy said:

Welp this year has been great and full of surprises some good, and some bad. But it’s mostly been a great year. We made it to round 3 and I’m proud of that. To be honest, I didn’t think we would be a powerhouse in the division this year due to all the seniors we lost. But I was so pleasantly surprised with what we did. Who knows what next year will bring. Winning or losing next year, I’m still gonna be supporting, I believe in this team, and I believe in this town. GO RAMS!

Y’all are a powerhouse?

• LOL! 1

11 hours ago, Rammy said:

Welp this year has been great and full of surprises some good, and some bad. But it’s mostly been a great year. We made it to round 3 and I’m proud of that. To be honest, I didn’t think we would be a powerhouse in the division this year due to all the seniors we lost. But I was so pleasantly surprised with what we did. Who knows what next year will bring. Winning or losing next year, I’m still gonna be supporting, I believe in this team, and I believe in this town. GO RAMS!

Joaquin is no powerhouse 

• Like 1

Interesting order of events in this game around 5:40 remaining..... #8 had just Mossed on a kid on a 35yd reception and then one play later took into the endzone that would’ve cut it to 35-28. Ref 25yds away through a flag for holding that nullified the TD and Rams don’t score. It remained 35-21 and Groveton scores to make it 42-21. If ya watch the film it was Groveton’s own player that made the Cornerback fall down. That was a big call in the game that Joe came out on the wrong end of. Rams would’ve been down one score with plenty of time left..... We shall never know 

6 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Interesting order of events in this game around 5:40 remaining..... #8 had just Mossed on a kid on a 35yd reception and then one play later took into the endzone that would’ve cut it to 35-28. Ref 25yds away through a flag for holding that nullified the TD and Rams don’t score. It remained 35-21 and Groveton scores to make it 42-21. If ya watch the film it was Groveton’s own player that made the Cornerback fall down. That was a big call in the game that Joe came out on the wrong end of. Rams would’ve been down one score with plenty of time left..... We shall never know 

Kinda like the ball hitting our LB in the arm and falling in 8’s hands for the TD lol. Darndest things happen sometimes...

7 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Kinda like the ball hitting our LB in the arm and falling in 8’s hands for the TD lol. Darndest things happen sometimes...

I have game film and ball never hit Alto defenders. It splits the two and 8 catches it..... however West for Alto completely covers the face of Bragg and he catches it blindly. Ftball can be a cruel sport sometimes.....