Malakoff vs Pottsboro regional semi

Guest Tiger03lb

Who you got?   

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

I’ll take Malakoff, but we gotta look into the passing defense. The RB for Potts looks a little more like a power back which I don’t think will give us as many fits as we had this this week, but that QB can throw to plenty of targets and he does it well. They did it to us last year too. We gotta really work that aspect this week for the defense.

Guest Tiger03lb
10 hours ago, Endseeker83 said:

I’ll take Malakoff, but we gotta look into the passing defense. The RB for Potts looks a little more like a power back which I don’t think will give us as many fits as we had this this week, but that QB can throw to plenty of targets and he does it well. They did it to us last year too. We gotta really work that aspect this week for the defense.

Those high floating passes right in their hands.

Pressure the qb and he won’t throw near as well. His short to intermediate passes are on the money. His deep pass is just a high floater hoping his tall receivers will make a play or get a pass interference called. Make a few stops and Malakoff will win easily because Pottsboro won’t stop you guys at all. 

Guest Tiger03lb
2 hours ago, Bclove05 said:

Pressure the qb and he won’t throw near as well. His short to intermediate passes are on the money. His deep pass is just a high floater hoping his tall receivers will make a play or get a pass interference called. Make a few stops and Malakoff will win easily because Pottsboro won’t stop you guys at all. 

Those high floaters got us last year. Lol. Is that same wide out back from last year? Anyone from koff or Pottsboro know? 

Guest Tiger03lb
41 minutes ago, NavyDad0526 said:

Like this matchup way better than Jefferson. lol. Them boys was fast!

Yes they were. Lol. Hoping they put Garrett back in on defense this game again. Think it's gonna be needed. 

I felt like we had to play off the Jeffy receivers out of respect for their speed. I noticed that Sabine at least occasionally jammed the receivers at the line and had a deep safety or 2 over top. I don’t know how much overall speed Potts has at the receiver position, but we might be able to man up on them better that we could Jeffy.

If our front can manage the LOS without loading the box I think we could give them some problems, but we’ll see. I’d be afraid to let that QB nickel and dime us to death with 5-7 yard passes. It will be a challenge to navigate their balanced attack. I personally feel like our running game will be a big issue for them, and if they stop that it will take extra bodies. We just can’t give up the big pass plays on D.

Guest Tiger03lb

For Malakoff to win this game, we got to force Pottsboro to punt a few times and limit the huge plays and tackle. Pottsboro will be able to get some big plays imo. Our offense is clicking very good, seems like they are on a different level right now too. We have scored on every possession except 1 in 4 weeks. I really don't think that Pottsboro will be able to stop our offense at all. 

Could see this as a high scoring game. I'm thinking 14-21 point difference in favor to Malakoff. 

1 hour ago, Tiger03lb said:

For Malakoff to win this game, we got to force Pottsboro to punt a few times and limit the huge plays and tackle. Pottsboro will be able to get some big plays imo. Our offense is clicking very good, seems like they are on a different level right now too. We have scored on every possession except 1 in 4 weeks. I really don't think that Pottsboro will be able to stop our offense at all. 

Could see this as a high scoring game. I'm thinking 14-21 point difference in favor to Malakoff. 

Our run D is solid. I don’t see Potts making a living on the ground. They are going to attack our secondary. Im confident our coach’s will have a strategy to counter their passing attack and hopefully the kids will execute it. I think this game is similar to last year. Hopefully for us with the same result. Potts will definitely come to play and give us their best. Hopefully Mother Nature will cooperate and give us some decent weather. Good luck Potts and safe travels. We will see you Friday.

Guest Tiger03lb
9 minutes ago, NavyDad0526 said:

Our run D is solid. I don’t see Potts making a living on the ground. They are going to attack our secondary. Im confident our coach’s will have a strategy to counter their passing attack and hopefully the kids will execute it. I think this game is similar to last year. Hopefully for us with the same result. Potts will definitely come to play and give us their best. Hopefully Mother Nature will cooperate and give us some decent weather. Good luck Potts and safe travels. We will see you Friday.

Yeah I'm not to worried about the run. We can handle that. I know last week had to do with the athletics Jeffy had and their second effort, that's why I say we need to tackle. But I could see it again with Pottsboro recievers. Not so much their speed but with extending the play. Crazy how we are playing the same opponents as last year. 

26 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Yeah I'm not to worried about the run. We can handle that. I know last week had to do with the athletics Jeffy had and their second effort, that's why I say we need to tackle. But I could see it again with Pottsboro recievers. Not so much their speed but with extending the play. Crazy how we are playing the same opponents as last year. 

I'm picking Malakoff but if you play to soft on pottsboro receivers they will move the chains for sure. I think your better off taking a chance on the deep ball with the hopes of a bad throw if you get beat. JMO

2 hours ago, Opie1 said:

I'm picking Malakoff but if you play to soft on pottsboro receivers they will move the chains for sure. I think your better off taking a chance on the deep ball with the hopes of a bad throw if you get beat. JMO

I do worry about playing soft because they could definitely make a living throwing for 5-7 yards every time. I’d like to see us throw a press at them from time to time and/or show press and back out to keeP the QB honest. If we can come up with a couple stops or so, I think we can edge out the win.

Guest Tiger03lb
22 hours ago, Opie1 said:

Yeah, I'm sure Watkins will have the boys ready and will fix whatever is needed this week on defense. Really depends on who he will put in the secondary. Garrett #1 will need to be out there in my opinion and rotate him out when needed to give him a break. 

Watching the Potts vs. VA film... VA defended the pass REALLY well in my opinion, but at the expense of letting Potts run all over them. I would like to think that we match up a little better at the LOS to not have to completely load the box to limit the rushing yards. Most teams seemed to move the ball of them, but they didn’t all finish and most teams came up with a couple stops on them. We shall see I suppose.