Winnsboro vs. Gladewater

chevyman

3 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Both teams will be one dimensional because of the weather.

First off, they aint gonna play in a thunderstorm on a Friday afternoon. If its a thunderstorm, they will re-schedule/delay. Rain itself doesnt stop you from throwing the ball. Lets worry about the weather when the weather is actually an issue. Saturday afternoon is supposed to be perfect weather btw, so maybe it gets postponed until then?

1 minute ago, bearnation said:

First off, they aint gonna play in a thunderstorm on a Friday afternoon. If its a thunderstorm, they will re-schedule/delay. Rain itself doesnt stop you from throwing the ball. Lets worry about the weather when the weather is actually an issue. Saturday afternoon is supposed to be perfect weather btw, so maybe it gets postponed until then?

Ok.  Better get your rain gear out and check for holes just in case.  😂

24 minutes ago, bearnation said:

I am intrigued about a backup plan in the case of a postponement. As stated we will just have to wait and see

1 hour ago, GWBears01 said:

I don’t think Winny will score 30 on this defense so If they win it will have to be in the 20s and probably low 20s. I will say that the only exception would be if we lay the ball on the ground. Turnovers haven’t been an issue for us this year but we did have a few fumbles last week with our Rb fighting for extra yardage. I would love to know our plus minus on turnovers but I know it is highly in our favor. 

+10  mostly due to our 20 interceptions 

13 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Maybe Winnsboros offense wasn’t clicking ?

Could be so. I’m just stating what I seen from the first matchup and that was a that anytime you forced them into a passing situation it was awful. Don’t know if that can be corrected in such little time, but I’ve been wrong my fair share of times. I still think for Winny to win they will need to stay ahead of the chains all game avoid penalties and turnovers. 

I will add I think a healthy #8 or #36 (neither played first matchup) would make any offense better. 

7 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

We had a sophomore quarterback and running back in the backfield and we ran a offense that would work for them because the fullback and tailback was out. I can say they de a great job that game.  

18 minutes ago, Bears36 said:

We had a sophomore quarterback and running back in the backfield and we ran a offense that would work for them because the fullback and tailback was out. I can say they de a great job that game.  

Ok. I think I know what you are trying to say. 

• LOL! 1

38 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Could be so. I’m just stating what I seen from the first matchup and that was a that anytime you forced them into a passing situation it was awful. Don’t know if that can be corrected in such little time, but I’ve been wrong my fair share of times. I still think for Winny to win they will need to stay ahead of the chains all game avoid penalties and turnovers. 

I will add I think a healthy #8 or #36 (neither played first matchup) would make any offense better. 

Winnsboro has thrown for several TD’s since the GW game.  Not saying they will line up in the spread Fri, but I think they are more comfortable throwing the ball than they were.

I think its clear in the first matchup that passing was not successful in the least. It is still not what makes this team go but there is definitely more confidence now if it is needed. This game will likely not be friendly to the passing game if it is raining. 

All this talk about the Winny offense being this and being that and how GW defense will/won't matchup and yet no mentions of how the Winny defense plans to attempt to slow down the GW offense only thing being talked about is ball control and rain, if that is your best hope you've already lost

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

2 interceptions and gave up a big punt return then 1 play td after. GWs defense did play well. I just think our offense is better now than it was then. Thats not taking anything away from their defense though

6 minutes ago, bearnation said:

All this talk about the Winny offense being this and being that and how GW defense will/won't matchup and yet no mentions of how the Winny defense plans to attempt to slow down the GW offense only thing being talked about is ball control and rain, if that is your best hope you've already lost

Assignment football, win the LOS, tackle in space.

5 minutes ago, bearnation said:

I did ask how we would matchup this week defensively comparative to the last two games. I think its an intriguing question. I would argue that Carter will be the biggest challenge we’ve faced out of the backfield in a long while if not the whole season. Add in the other threats and its no doubt a dilemma for the Raiders

These numbers mean nothing, just interesting how close they are. I do think GW had the much more difficult schedule. Obviously both teams are a lot better then the beginning of the season but with all 12 games included 

Winny off. Ppg 36

def. Ppg 21

GW off. Ppg 35

def ppg 21 

17 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

These numbers mean nothing, just interesting how close they are. I do think GW had the much more difficult schedule. Obviously both teams are a lot better then the beginning of the season but with all 12 games included 

Winny off. Ppg 36

def. Ppg 21

GW off. Ppg 35

def ppg 21 

you mean Winona, Queen City, Chisum, and Mt Vernon arent as good as Spring Hill, Atlanta, Center, and Pleasant Grove? LOL