Jump to content

Winnsboro vs. Gladewater


chevyman
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, bearnation said:

you mean Winona, Queen City, Chisum, and Mt Vernon arent as good as Spring Hill, Atlanta, Center, and Pleasant Grove? LOL

I’m turning a new leaf lol, gonna be more nice this upcoming year 🤣🤣

obviously the SOS and the 44-0 loss to PG... even the 43 points given up to VA can be a little deceiving on our averages. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

I’m turning a new leaf lol, gonna be more nice this upcoming year 🤣🤣

obviously the SOS and the 44-0 loss to PG... even the 43 points given up to VA can be a little deceiving on our averages. 

Winny defense aint good enough to contain our offense plain and simple -- I've seen enough to determine that. IDC what happened in the first game and IDC about the weather GW is putting up 30+ points PERIOD 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, bearnation said:

Winny defense aint good enough to contain our offense plain and simple -- I've seen enough to determine that. IDC what happened in the first game and IDC about the weather GW is putting up 30+ points PERIOD 

I would have to agree. I still see them being able to keep it within two scores as long as they maintain drives, but if they come out and stall any drives early I think it can get out of hand pretty quick. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, bearnation said:

Winny defense aint good enough to contain our offense plain and simple -- I've seen enough to determine that. IDC what happened in the first game and IDC about the weather GW is putting up 30+ points PERIOD 

As long as we put up one more i could care less how many y’all score

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, bearnation said:

Winny defense aint good enough to contain our offense plain and simple -- I've seen enough to determine that. IDC what happened in the first game and IDC about the weather GW is putting up 30+ points PERIOD 

I think it will be imperative for Winnsboro to stop the Bears on 1st down. The thing is, can they? The Bears are averaging 6.917 yrds on 1st down and have scored 28 TD's. Someone mentioned we were throwing more on 1st down since we made some changes and got some major players back and healthy. There is a slight increase percentage wise in passes on 1st down, but it's small and TD wise 20 of those 28 TD's have come on the ground. There is, however an increase in TD passes from 2 in first 7 games to 6 in last 5 games.

That being said, the Bears are averaging 6.457 yards on 2nd. down & 5.564 on 3rd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

I think it will be imperative for Winnsboro to stop the Bears on 1st down. The thing is, can they? The Bears are averaging 6.917 yrds on 1st down and have scored 28 TD's. Someone mentioned we were throwing more on 1st down since we made some changes and got some major players back and healthy. There is a slight increase percentage wise in passes on 1st down, but it's small and TD wise 20 of those 28 TD's have come on the ground.

That being said, the Bears are averaging 6.457 yards on 2nd. down & 5.564 on 3rd.

Yep, its not the throwing on first down that matters, its the threat of throwing that does. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Exactly!  Teams can’t bank on the fact that it will be a run !

Think that’s the difference in everything right there. Teams had trouble stopping GW when they KNEW what was coming. Now you might know what’s coming but in what order? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bearnation said:

Yep, its not the throwing on first down that matters, its the threat of throwing that does. 

My point was that the threat was there already to pass on 1st down. The stats show that. Knowing the team as we know the team, the threat is not passing on 1st down, it's that we are more successful at throwing on 1st down in last 5 games. Better to have 3 or 4 guys you can pass to than trying to complete a pass to one receiver that's double or triple teamed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Golfingnut said:

My point was that the threat was there already to pass on 1st down. The stats show that. Knowing the team as we know the team, the threat is not passing on 1st down, it's that we are more successful at throwing on 1st down in last 5 games. Better to have 3 or 4 guys you can pass to than trying to complete a pass to one receiver that's double or triple teamed.

Yep! I think this is where the team changed and I’ll be first to admit I was wrong. As good of an all around athlete as DJ is, he helps this team more as a WR and  Defensive player at the moment. Mix in Robbie and you have a heck of a receiving core that you are back to picking your poison of who you want to take your chances with. What also gets lost in the mix is Tristan has stepped in and performed awesome at QB. Lots of things go unnoticed in this type of offense, but I like the decisions he makes while running the option. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Yep! I think this is where the team changed and I’ll be first to admit I was wrong. As good of an all around athlete as DJ is, he helps this team more as a WR and  Defensive player at the moment. Mix in Robbie and you have a heck of a receiving core that you are back to picking your poison of who you want to take your chances with. What also gets lost in the mix is Tristan has stepped in and performed awesome at QB. Lots of things go unnoticed in this type of offense, but I like the decisions he makes while running the option. 

I was wanting Tristan from the start. He proved last year that he makes good decisions.  DJ is a heck of an athlete. I knew he would be great at WR. With his speed and he has already proven he can make the catches. Tristan puts the ball where only the receiver has a chance and DJ and Robby have done the job. What can you say about Robby? In my opinion he's at the top of the list for Bear MVP. He has done everything he has been asked to do. He has been put in a lot of situations and he has lead this team. Big accolades to that Bear defense also. The secondary has been outstanding. 20 interceptions on the year. That will get teams out of jams and many times give your offense a short field. Of course that doesn't include the fumble recoveries by the defense. Can't say enough good things about this Bear team and how they are playing right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

I was wanting Tristan from the start. He proved last year that he makes good decisions.  DJ is a heck of an athlete. I knew he would be great at WR. With his speed and he has already proven he can make the catches. Tristan puts the ball where only the receiver has a chance and DJ and Robby have done the job. What can you say about Robby? In my opinion he's at the top of the list for Bear MVP. He has done everything he has been asked to do. He has been put in a lot of situations and he has lead this team. Big accolades to that Bear defense also. The secondary has been outstanding. 20 interceptions on the year. That will get teams out of jams and many times give your offense a short field. Of course that doesn't include the fumble recoveries by the defense. Can't say enough good things about this Bear team and how they are playing right now.

Robby without of a doubt is the MVP right now. I’ve caught myself saying multiple times a week man I wish we could get him one more year 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Pittpirate1919 said:

I will say i have seen some creative plays the last 3 weeks or so 

Just don’t use it against us. Berry will come back next year and use it against y’all 🤣🤣🤣. I have to admit that was great to start the Hughes springs game. A little taste of their own medicine lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Just don’t use it against us. Berry will come back next year and use it against y’all 🤣🤣🤣. I have to admit that was great to start the Hughes springs game. A little taste of their own medicine lol 

That was a pretty good pass from Carter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Just don’t use it against us. Berry will come back next year and use it against y’all 🤣🤣🤣. I have to admit that was great to start the Hughes springs game. A little taste of their own medicine lol 

Lol damn but i like the plays i done seen both teams have improved tremendously only wish my pirates had a coaching staff similar to both teams 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

My point was that the threat was there already to pass on 1st down. The stats show that. Knowing the team as we know the team, the threat is not passing on 1st down, it's that we are more successful at throwing on 1st down in last 5 games. Better to have 3 or 4 guys you can pass to than trying to complete a pass to one receiver that's double or triple teamed.

Maybe I shouldn’t have said on first down. I meant that we are starting to pass the ball in situations that aren’t obvious passing downs. And we are running a ton more intermediate routes. It has helped not being so predictable and made the run game even better.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Maybe I shouldn’t have said on first down. I meant that we are starting to pass the ball in situations that aren’t obvious passing downs. And we are running a ton more intermediate routes. It has helped not being so predictable and made the run game even better.  

Very true and I was just trying to clarify my point. When I was going through the stats today I was surprised at what I saw. Those stats of avg. gain on each down were for all 12 games, not just the last 5. I was surprised at how many TD's and how many 1st downs we actually gained on 1st down. 

Maybe I should go back and see how many times we passed the ball when we needed less than 5 yards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BearFan13 said:

These numbers mean nothing, just interesting how close they are. I do think GW had the much more difficult schedule. Obviously both teams are a lot better then the beginning of the season but with all 12 games included 

Winny off. Ppg 36

def. Ppg 21

GW off. Ppg 35

def ppg 21 

 

 

Shows how solid the district was. Look how close the 4 seed and co champ are. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...