Proud to be a Lobo

Lobo97

Well said!! You SHOULD be proud! I’m always amazed at how spoiled fans get. Enjoy the run you’ve had (havIng) Longview. Never take winning for granted. I can’t believe some of the posts I read here and on the Fox Sports SW app from some (not all) Longview fans about their coaches. Wow. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but jeez that was ridiculous. And sad. Be proud of your team no matter what. I mean, you won a state championship last year!!

Your post is spot on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I took a couple days to gather my thoughts off the boards.

I think we'll look back at this season as a missed opportunity. That goes without saying. Following up the 2018 season was never going to be easy, and outside of the first three games where we just struggled offensively, I think this group did a fantastic job. Friday's game was not good. But it still took the absolute perfect storm for us to get beat with Haynes having an off day, Meredith getting injured, Penalties, Turnovers and our defense not getting their normal pressure (I think some know why but doesn't matter at the end of the day).

This season, this run, this team...this program. It's been an absolute blast the last 16 seasons. We've had our ups and downs, no doubt about it. But we've been beyond lucky to experience what we have.

The group the last three years has basically set every single offensive record in our history book. Our defense this year was the best we've seen since the mid freakin 80s.

Some take it for granted, no doubt. Some won't realize what we've experienced until well down the road. That's their own fault that they can't recognize what we've watched and appreciate it.

Longview dropping to 5A will probably be for good I'd suspect. Who knows what will have in the future, but the metro areas are just getting bigger and bigger and bigger so down we go. But I can't begin to tell you how proud I am that we got that title on the top level. I will cherish those memories for the rest of my life.

It'll be a new era come next August from what I hear, on the field and off. But we'll still all be Lobos, and we'll all be wearing our green and gold. And I can't wait to see where it leads us.

• Like 2

Very good post.  I was living in New Boston during the years of dominance (not state championship though) and once the bottom fell out in 2016 it hasn't recovered since.  I've learned that losing can be a teaching moment just as much as winning because anyone can be a good winner. 

Looks like Longview Lobos will have many more winning seasons.