Regional Semi Finals Cameron Yoe vs. Grandview Zebras

yoenation79

Another big game for the Yoemen.  Last week it was Diboll and now the defending state Champs the Grandview Zebras.  Region 3 is absolutely a beast.  We can only hope everyone playing in this contest comes out healthy to continue thru the gauntlet of this region.  Weather maybe a factor tomorrow.  Both teams are well versed on what needs to be done in those conditions.  Let's hope for some decent weather.   Everyone have safe travels and a Happy Thanksgiving.  Yoe wins by 7 in a classic.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Guest Tiger03lb
16 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Thought folks said Grandview was down this season?

Hardly. I can say that for a fact. They got back one of their starting ol/dl players. 

Just a very thorough win for the Zebras as they certainly looked like a team that returned the house from a state title team.  Grandview has exceptional talent across the board, but I would like to give credit to Ebner and his coaching staff.   Glad to see him get this opportunity.   Build on this and you're going to be really difficult to beat.  

3 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Hardly. I can say that for a fact. They got back one of their starting ol/dl players. 

Who said Grandview was down? Everybody I've read - Especially "experts" on Smoaky - have been predicting a dominant Grandview repeat from Jump Street. 

I'd like to see our districtmates win, but if Grandview gets their rematch with Whitney, that's cool too. 

Whoever wins better bring their A-game against the defending champs. I think their biggest asset is they play pretty mistake-free ball. 

2 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Who said Grandview was down? Everybody I've read - Especially "experts" on Smoaky - have been predicting a dominant Grandview repeat from Jump Street. 

I'd like to see our districtmates win, but if Grandview gets their rematch with Whitney, that's cool too. 

Whoever wins better bring their A-game against the defending champs. I think their biggest asset is they play pretty mistake-free ball. 

Yeah whoever said they were down maybe because of all the injuries?  As of today’s game #56 is the only returning starter not suited up. 

I would add they take advantage of mistakes others make equally as well.  I believe they are +10 (11-1) in turnovers. 

Guest Tiger03lb
3 hours ago, 88YoePride said:

Hardly as in they aren't down. We played each other really hard and they weren't skipping a beat. I've been on the GV bandwagon all year except when they played us. 

27 minutes ago, Zebrafan93 said:

Yeah whoever said they were down maybe because of all the injuries?  As of today’s game #56 is the only returning starter not suited up. 

I would add they take advantage of mistakes others make equally as well.  I believe they are +10 (11-1) in turnovers. 

Eleven? You mean in the playoffs? Lol! They had five on us today! I think the announcers said they had four or five against Rockdale. Coach said in the Boosters meeting the other night, that's Grandview's most dangerous attribute - They play their system mistake-free.

• Thanks 1